• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kari Lake Could Take Arizona Senate Seat From Kyrsten Sinema in 2024

I really do not know.

Although I am an old geezer myself (85), the Senate would be more interesting (and productive in a good way?) if younger and more attractive people were there, instead of those old male and female dinosaurs who just will not retire.
I'm on board with younger politicians having their turn in the political spotlight but only if their intentions are trustworthy enough and honorable towards the betterment of the folks that they are there to work for - not for their own personal gains and narcissistic fame. K. Lake misses that politically correct mark in my opinion.

Now she's saying if she's not made governor of Arizona the entire country will become Venezuela:

“We just need a judge to wake up and realize what’s on the line here, and if we do not restore honest elections right now, our country will turn into a Venezuela. We have Venezuelan-style elections, and this is how you destroy a country.”

Arizona, what did you do to offend the Almighty such that you were afflicted with this pestilence in a pixie cut?

She already lost one state-wide race, I don't know why she couldn't lose another.

Maybe we'll figure out how to have secure elections by then. Elections that nobody can question.

She still might lose, but at least there will be no doubt.

Maybe we'll figure out how to have secure elections by then. Elections that nobody can question.

Especially in states like FL, TX, ARIZONA, and GA with GOP governors.

Ruben Gallego wins in this scenario.

44% Gallego (D)
40% Lake (R-Fascist)
16% Sinema (Independent-Clown)
Gallegos and Grijalva have the poorest performing CDs in AZ by far. They even had lower voter totals than CDs 8 and 9 where D’s didn’t have a candidate.

How bad are D’s in AZ where they BARELY beat trump acolytes Masters and Lake, lost two CDs, almost lost a third, and can’t field two more?

Ruben Gallego wins in this scenario.

44% Gallego (D)
40% Lake (R-Fascist)
16% Sinema (Independent-Clown)
Lake's name recognition needs to have put her in the early polling lead to be viable. Lake after all was a big tv news star when she ran for governor with Trump and lost. Lake will run again with Trump this time for the Senate and the outcome will be the same as for governor, ie, defeat no matter how close it may be. Running with Trump statewide in AZ is a loser despite it always being a close shave.

So we see Lake is already maxed out as another poll has her at 36%. Lake is also maxed out with Hispanic voters at 39% in the polling. So is Sinema maxed out (3% with Hispanics) which means as the election draws near Sinema voters will want to vote for a winner and abandon her, likely half of the 16% that in another poll is barely 14%. As the election closes in undecided voters tend to vote for the leader which should be Gallego behind a united Democratic party in AZ plus the same Republicans who voted successfully for Hobbs as governor while voting for other Republicans or who passed on the governor race (or who stayed home).

Lake-Trump are screwed statewide in AZ. Same as Walker-Trump got screwed statewide in GA. The Trump guys for AZ SOS and AG got a shave and a haircut from voters in their statewide races. Close races, yeah, they're always close in AZ (and GA where nobody is going to run statewide with Trump again either).

Last edited:
Lake's name recognition needs to have put her in the early polling lead to be viable. Lake after all was a big tv news star when she ran for governor with Trump and lost. Lake will run again with Trump this time for the Senate and the outcome will be the same as for governor, ie, defeat no matter how close it may be. Running with Trump statewide in AZ is a loser despite it always being a close shave.

So we see Lake is already maxed out as another poll has her at 36%. Lake is also maxed out with Hispanic voters at 39% in the polling. So is Sinema maxed out (3% with Hispanics) which means as the election draws near Sinema voters will want to vote for a winner and abandon her, likely half of the 16% that in another poll is barely 14%. As the election closes in undecided voters tend to vote for the leader which should be Gallego behind a united Democratic party in AZ plus the same Republicans who voted successfully for Hobbs as governor while voting for other Republicans or who passed on the governor race (or who stayed home).

Lake-Trump are screwed statewide in AZ. Same as Walker-Trump got screwed statewide in GA. The Trump guys for AZ SOS and AG got a shave and a haircut from voters in their statewide races. Close races, yeah, they're always close in AZ (and GA where nobody is going to run statewide with Trump again either).
On top of which, Lake's star power as a local TV anchor has been significantly diminished by her continued election denial lunacy. Arizona is embarrassed by and tired of her.

Funny how the AZ Primary was ok because she won. She loses the General Election and AZ elections are a mess. If as she says the election was a mess how do we know she won her Primary? Maybe Robison actually won. Lake cannot have it both ways. Lake would not be good for Arizona.

Kari Lake is using the Trump playbook. It is not going to work anymore.

imo, the more she talks about issues the more she is losing the moderates and Independents.

With your new ‘commission’ CD map, D’s got flipped in 2 of 9 Arizona CDs and almost lost a 3rd. Two more CDs, 08 and 09, didn’t even have a D challenger.

Not to be a jerk, but I don’t call that winning.
It went a long way to help elect this freedumb circus.

Winning by close margins state-wide against the lunatic fringe of Masters and Lake isn’t the same as winning against an ever-improving R bench.
Didn't we have this same convo when I told you Lake wasn't going to win the governors race?
Anyway, we'll see. Time will tell.

What concerns me is if Lake with her many Trumpy lies between now and the 2024 election, syphons a sizable amount of votes away from Sinema in order to get past Gallego. Guess what I can truly hope for is Gallego to increase his votes by 7% or 8% to be slightly past the 50% threshold.
Let us cross our fingers and toes. I think he will. The majority of us are sick of the creepy crap. We need a rest.

Let us cross our fingers and toes. I think he will. The majority of us are sick of the creepy crap. We need a rest.
Gallegos and Grijalva have the two lowest voter total CDs in AZ, worse than CDs 8 & 9 which did not have a D candidate. It almost cost D’s statewide against pathetic R candidates Lake and Masters.

D’s have lost 8 House seats to R’s in AZ, CA, and OR since 2018. R’s are building an ever-stronger Hispanic bench in CA, just as they have in TX and FL. CA has 21 Dem CDs with a voter total < 200 k.

Gallegos and Grijalva have the two lowest voter total CDs in AZ, worse than CDs 8 & 9 which did not have a D candidate. It almost cost D’s statewide against pathetic R candidates Lake and Masters.

D’s have lost 8 House seats to R’s in AZ, CA, and OR since 2018. R’s are building an ever-stronger Hispanic bench in CA, just as they have in TX and FL. CA has 21 Dem CDs with a voter total < 200 k.
Like I said, let's wait and see. IMO, with the new chip plants, we will add 60,000 new libs to Phoenix. We're becoming a tech hub, and you know what that means................

I think it's stupid to use AZ's history to predict the next race. We've been changing for the last ten years. We've gone from red, to purple, to blue. We will be completely blue within the next 5 to 10. That's my prediction. All you have to do is look at what kind of businesses are moving here, tech, and more tech. The majority of tech workers vote blue. Our home prices are rising and our politics are changing.

And as far as that republican Hispanic bench goes:
“Welcome to the new Arizona,” said Joseph Garcia, the director of the (Morrison Institute) Latino Public Policy Center at Arizona State University. “We’re slowly shifting from a red conservative state to a blue progressive state. Will this process be smooth at every turn? No way.https://morrisoninstitute.asu.edu/content/arizona-slowly-turning-red-purple-blue

Like I said, let's wait and see. IMO, with the new chip plants, we will add 60,000 new libs to Phoenix. We're becoming a tech hub, and you know what that means................

I think it's stupid to use AZ's history to predict the next race. We've been changing for the last ten years. We've gone from red, to purple, to blue. We will be completely blue within the next 5 to 10. That's my prediction. All you have to do is look at what kind of businesses are moving here, tech, and more tech. The majority of tech workers vote blue. Our home prices are rising and our politics are changing.

And as far as that republican Hispanic bench goes:
“Welcome to the new Arizona,” said Joseph Garcia, the director of the (Morrison Institute) Latino Public Policy Center at Arizona State University. “We’re slowly shifting from a red conservative state to a blue progressive state. Will this process be smooth at every turn? No way.https://morrisoninstitute.asu.edu/content/arizona-slowly-turning-red-purple-blue
In no way is AZ a blue state. The GOP House delegation is 6-3, almost 7-2 over D’s, helping make McCarthy Speaker. You barely won governor, SoS, and especially AG against flawed candidates.

R’s easily won Treasurer, D’s had no candidate for mine inspector, and R’s won public supt. GOPs remain in control of both state chambers, 31-29 and 16-14 from ballotpedia.

In no way is AZ a blue state. The GOP House delegation is 6-3, almost 7-2 over D’s, helping make McCarthy Speaker. You barely won governor, SoS, and especially AG against flawed candidates.

R’s easily won Treasurer, D’s had no candidate for mine inspector, and R’s won public supt. GOPs remain in control of both state chambers, 31-29 and 16-14 from ballotpedia.
The transition is in motion, will it be smooth? Nope. But it is happening. We'll meet up after the next race and talk about it again.

Arizona is mostly a purple state.

Redistricting mostly helped Republicans gain a 6 to 3 US House majority in this state.

The SofS race wasn't that close. GOP Primary voters made a huge mistake in choosing Finchem as their SofS nominees. He was terrible.

The Governor's race was very close. Kari Lake was a very bad candidate. If Robson was the nominee instead of Lake, Republicans would have very likely kept the AZ Governorship.

The AG's race was extremely close, and it is possible that irregularities helped Dem AG Kris Mayes win that race.

I voted for the GOP Treasurer and GOP Mine Inspector.

Last edited:
Kari Lake was a very bad candidate. If Robson was the nominee instead of Lake, Republicans would have very likely kept the AZ Governorship.
Still trying to figure out why AZ GOP voters went for Krazy Kari in the primary. She gave them a thrill up their Trumpies, no doubt, but did no one think long term?

"Sure she's fun now, but will this Krazy appeal to enough voters outside our tent?"

Arizona is mostly a purple state.

Redistricting mostly helped Republicans gain a 6 to 3 US House majority in this state.

The SofS race wasn't that close. GOP Primary voters made a huge mistake in choosing Finchem as their SofS nominees. He was terrible.

The Governor's race was very close. Kari Lake was a very bad candidate. If Robson was the nominee instead of Lake, Republicans would have very likely kept the AZ Governorship.

The AG's race was extremely close, and it is possible that irregularities helped Dem AG Kris Mayes win that race.

I voted for the GOP Treasurer and GOP Mine Inspector.
Irregularities?

Back
Top Bottom