• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Karen who coughs on people loses her job

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

The woman seen in a viral video coughing on a mother and her daughter in a Lincoln grocery store was identified as an employee working in Arizona for the business software company SAP. On Wednesday, the company said in a series of tweets that it was investigating the incident and then later said the woman no longer works for the company.

I guess SAP didn't want a Karen working for them. Do you think this was a wise choice on SAP's part?

The woman seen in a viral video coughing on a mother and her daughter in a Lincoln grocery store was identified as an employee working in Arizona for the business software company SAP. On Wednesday, the company said in a series of tweets that it was investigating the incident and then later said the woman no longer works for the company.

I guess SAP didn't want a Karen working for them. Do you think this was a wise choice on SAP's part?

Ugh, TV. It's funny how desperate they are to fill time with repetition. I got all the information about this story in the first 10 seconds, yet they somehow had to go on for 2 minutes about it, switching to another correspondent, etc. How people have the patience to sit on their couches and watch this stuff is beyond me.

You gotta love those Rightwingnuts, they sure know how to expose themselves. Now she will not only be jobless, she will have a hard time finding a new job and she is being publicly humiliated.

A company like SAP is pretty much in a position to replace people immediately. They are an immensely powerful company.

Intetional *Cough cough* directed at the people.
- "Stop coughing on people"
"It's my allergies".

What a lying sack of shit. Anti-masker losing her job over being a terrible human being...good riddance.

Wise choice? What else could they do? The idiot in question lives about 25 minutes from me in Scottsdale AZ. The city is the definition of Karenville.;

"Scottsdale City Councilmember Guy Phillips shared a private post on Facebook on Sunday claiming that COVID-19, the official name for the disease caused by thenew coronavirus, stands for "Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease."

The post reads: "Hate to break this to all of the morons who call themselves Journalists. COVID literally stands for 'Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease' and the number 19 is due to this being the 19th virus to come out of China."

What in the literal hell is wrong with her.

Here, she'd be arrested.

Wise choice? What else could they do? The idiot in question lives about 25 minutes from me in Scottsdale AZ. The city is the definition of Karenville.;

"Scottsdale City Councilmember Guy Phillips shared a private post on Facebook on Sunday claiming that COVID-19, the official name for the disease caused by thenew coronavirus, stands for "Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease."

The post reads: "Hate to break this to all of the morons who call themselves Journalists. COVID literally stands for 'Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease' and the number 19 is due to this being the 19th virus to come out of China."

Let's provide a link because that's a gem...

That’s some abhorrent behavior on display. I don’t care what your politics are, it is disgusting.

lol

If one of these nutcases ever coughs on me on purpose, I'm going to consider that to be assault. I will press charges and ask the store to call the police and save their video footage.

If one of these nutcases ever coughs on me on purpose, I'm going to consider that to be assault. I will press charges and ask the store to call the police and save their video footage.
My wife says they better hope she is not holding something in her hand when they cough on her.

I can attest to that being true.

Yes, it was great move by SAP.

Most companies do not want a sap who goes around giving the company a bad reputation by acting like a sap because those saps tend to cause the company to lose business and that means lower profits for the owners of the companies, so I think that SAP made a perfectly appropriate corporate choice.

It's an Arizona thing. We elect stupid people and crooks, because it gives us something to complain about.​

Abstract​

We collected 299 frontal face images of 2017 cabinet ministers from 15 post-Soviet states (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan). For each image, the minister's body-mass index is estimated using a computer vision algorithm. The median estimated body-mass index of cabinet ministers is highly correlated with conventional measures of corruption (Transparency International Corruption Perceptions Index, World Bank worldwide governance indicator Control of Corruption, Index of Public Integrity). This result suggests that physical characteristics of politicians such as their body-mass index can be used as proxy variables for political corruption when the latter are not available, for instance at a very local level.​
(emphasis added)​

interesting (unfortunately you would have to pay to read the whole paper).

Possibly someone would be interested in doing a parallel study of American politicians.

But, in the meantime (unless their name is "Cassius") "Vote THIN".​

Guy Phillips is a FORMER city council member. During his campaign he held anti masking rallies.

And he didn't get re-elected...womp womp.

He is a real asswipe also.

Ugh, TV. It's funny how desperate they are to fill time with repetition. I got all the information about this story in the first 10 seconds, yet they somehow had to go on for 2 minutes about it, switching to another correspondent, etc. How people have the patience to sit on their couches and watch this stuff is beyond me.

Yes! We should spend our time doing useful things- like spending 6 years straight looking for Obama’s secret birth certificate.

What a tool. Voters turfed this guy.

My wife says they better hope she is not holding something in her hand when they cough on her.

I can attest to that being true.
My GF would not need something in her hand. She'd have this lady floored.

Interesting sidebar to this is that some people wrongly identified and harassed another woman over this. Police say charges may result.

Police in Nebraska have warned that people who harassed a woman online—after wrongly accusing her of coughing on people while not wearing a mask in a grocery store—could face criminal charges.
Link

Back
Top Bottom