• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Karen Carpenter stories

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Karen Carpenter was so enormously gifted that when her and Richard had finished dinner at a Restaurant, John Lennon halted her to give her an enormous compliment. She and her brother won important awards. Her voice is so poignant I have yet to hear any person did not love her songs and her voice.

I was in Reno or Las Vegas when I saw them live. The audience enjoying a meal halted eating and were mesmerized by her.

Listen to a truly great voice. Sadly she had an eating problem which is called Bulimia And it took her life.

If you watch it, you will see famous singers giveing her extreme praise. She was worth it too.

Very talented duo.

At the time Karen was suffering from anorexia nervosa, her brother Richard was addicted to Quaalude's (he has been clean for a long time now)

[video=youtube;evETS8_WFGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?evETS8_WFGE[/video]

The Carpenters - Only Yesterday

There has been so many young talented people that for some strange reason expire early. Whitney Houston was another one with a such great voice and poof she was gone.

I remember way back between my two tours in Vietnam...I was stationed in Gelnhausen Germany. My two favorite albums, at the time, were Black Sabbath's Paranoid and The Carpenter's Carpenters.

It's really a shame that some people are unable to dial back their drive for fame and fortune when it gets destructive.

Last edited:
I remember way back between my two tours in Vietnam...I was stationed in Gelnhausen Germany. My two favorite albums, at the time, were Black Sabbath's Paranoid and The Carpenter's Carpenters.

It's really a shame that some people are unable to dial back their drive for fame and fortune when it gets destructive.

Didn't The Carpenters tour with Black Sabbath once?

just pulling your chain.

Karen Carpenter was so enormously gifted that when her and Richard had finished dinner at a Restaurant, John Lennon halted her to give her an enormous compliment. She and her brother won important awards. Her voice is so poignant I have yet to hear any person did not love her songs and her voice.

I was in Reno or Las Vegas when I saw them live. The audience enjoying a meal halted eating and were mesmerized by her.

Listen to a truly great voice. Sadly she had an eating problem which is called Bulimia And it took her life.

If you watch it, you will see famous singers giveing her extreme praise. She was worth it too.

Karen is one of the best of all time in my opinion.....I liked her as a teen in real time when it was very not cool to do so.....I did not care....

Karen is one of the best of all time in my opinion.....I liked her as a teen in real time when it was very not cool to do so.....I did not care....

She brought to music when she lived, a special tone, her songs could be felt in the heart. I think it was at Las Vegas the day my cousin and I flew to Las Vegas prior to my getting my pilots license. I was riding in an airplane that I was not familiar with. I shut the door. However it was not locked into position and actually was not properly shut. My cousin took off and we hardly hit take off speed and the noise of the air rushing in was terrible. Without asking him, I pulled open the door believing I could easily shut and lock the door. Anyway flew from LV to Modesto, CA with him and 3 miserable passengers suffering the noise and cold.

Were I the pilot, I would have landed and correctly shut and locked the door. The two women in back, our wives, got the brunt of the cold. We flew above 12,000 feet part of the trip.

If only Mama Cass Elliot had given that sandwich to Karen Carpenter ... how different the world might be today.

The only connection I have to the Carpenters is this.

When I worked for a Chevy dealer back in 1987, the owner wanted a 1953 Corvette for the showroom floor.

He found one not far away and sent me and the service manager to go pick it up.

When we got it back to the lot, I looked it over and found a picture of Karen and Richard in the door pocket.

It turns out their father restored the car and that was a picture they had taken around the house.

It was a beautiful car.

I still have a carpenters CD in my truck.

2 of her best

The weirdest one was that Carpenters Space Adventure thing, just to cash in on the popularity of Star Wars

Back
Top Bottom