• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kanye West

Q will run in 2024 and democrats already know they can't beat him! Q 2024

Q will run in 2024 and democrats already know they can't beat him! Q 2024

Are they going to just put “Q” on the ballot or do we get a name?

If Kanye West attracts black votes away from Biden, helping Trump win, is that cheating?

I pride myself on being politically knowledgeable. I have been writing about politics for over 20 years. I have studied politics for over 50 years.

That said, I am puzzled by something. We know that Biden has picked Kamala Harris for his veep.

We know that Republicans want Kanye West on as many ballots as possible.

The Post reports, "In at least five states, Republican activists and operatives — including some who have publicly supported Trump and a lawyer who has worked for his 2020 campaign — have been involved with efforts to try to get rapper on the November ballot, according to an examination by The Washington Post of public filings and social media posts. Their involvement raises the specter that his candidacy is being propped up by a GOP-driven effort to siphon votes from presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden."

We know West wants to help Trump. West said in a text message he was “walking . . . to win.” Told he could serve as a spoiler in the race, West responded, “I’m not going to argue with you. Jesus is King.”

West is bipolar.

Here is what I am confused about.

Why in the world does Kanye West want to help Trump?

Is it because he is as stupid as he sounds?

:shrug: right wingers tell me I'm "triggered" every day. I just assume the same concept works for you guys. In either case, I'm not interested in this derail because I'm not actually interested in your feelings.

What a rarity! A leftist not interested in “feelings”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s funny because the left loved Kanye when he said “George Bush doesn’t care about black people!” The left also loved Donald Trump when he was a Democrat. Just goes to show ya that the left only do and believe what pop culture and the media tell them to believe. Hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a childish post. Leaving aside the stupidity of assigning collective thought to a group of people, nobody “loved” Kanye West for his comments about Bush. They might have agreed with him but that’s far from love. West made those comments after Bush’s botched response to Katrina, personally I don’t think Bush was racist or indifferent to the fate of minorities, at least not by comparison to the current president. But agreeing with him is not loving him.

Trump likewise was not loved when he was a Democrat. Opportunists like Bill and Hillary were happy to take his money when Trump was trying to buy friends but when I lived in NYC, he was widely considered a joke. Certainly no one was stupid enough to think him presidential material.

The problem here I think is one of perspective. Whereas I (or another liberal or leftist or whatever you guys are calling us today) may sometimes agree with someone like John Bolton or Mitt Romney, it doesn’t mean I suddenly love them. I just concur with them on occasion. And while I might broadly support a candidate, it’s not a loving relationship. From you perspective, because you love Trump, you can’t imagine disagreeing with him ever. Or agreeing with someone who might criticise him. I’ll give you an example, I don’t think Biden is a great candidate and I don’t think Harris was a great VP pick. However I think it’s a better ticket than the opposition. Can you say something similar about Trump/Pence? I’ll be pleasantly surprised if you can but I’m not holding my breath.

:shrug: right wingers tell me I'm "triggered" every day. I just assume the same concept works for you guys. In either case, I'm not interested in this derail because I'm not actually interested in your feelings.

What a gawdawful stupid reply by you. You were the one alleging the absurd feeling of being mad in another person.

Back
Top Bottom