• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kanye West

If Kanye West attracts black votes away from Biden, helping Trump win, is that cheating?

I doubt any of the 4 or so people stupid enough to vote for Kanye West will do all that much to impact the election.

We have 3rd parties. If the "majority" is saying they're needed...they need to vote for them. Support 3rd parties, it's the only way to control the Republocrat Oligarchy.

I agree with you. One of the main problems is quite a lot of voters buy into this mantra from the two major parties that a vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote, they can't win. It becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. It's quite amazing that 6% of the electorate in 2016 voted for third party candidates know they couldn't win. It was a vote against both major party candidates. Not for any particular third party candidate. But when third parties get outspent roughly 2 billion dollars for both major parties to just 6 million for all third party candidates, there's no way for them to get out their message, to become known to the voters. They're just a third name on the ballot that isn't a Republican nor a Democrat. Such is life, apparently 94% of all America thought Trump and Clinton were the best candidates either party could produce, the top two candidates in all of America, none better and everyone else totally worse.

Trump won, so he was either the best candidate for the presidency of all 320 Americans or the second best.

I agree 100%, so long as enough people buy into the faux dichotomy, the Republocrats will always win. But if people think we need 3rd parties, they have to break that cycle. The only way to get change is to support change, you will not get change by supporting the status quo.

If Kanye West attracts black votes away from Biden, helping Trump win, is that cheating?

Cheating? No, that's not what the word means.

That said, the GOP trying to push a mentally unstable man to do this purely for their political gain is certainly unethical.

I agree 100%, so long as enough people buy into the faux dichotomy, the Republocrats will always win. But if people think we need 3rd parties, they have to break that cycle. The only way to get change is to support change, you will not get change by supporting the status quo.

Until third parties can gain enough following in enough states to have meaningful representation in congress, voting for one in a presidential race does no more than benefit whomever is ahead in one's state. That may not be a big loss in an ordinary election, but . . .

In previous years West running would of been seen as a publicity stunt a bad joke or a cry for help. However in 2020 when the two real candidates are Biden and Trump a West campaign just kind of fits in with how low people are willing to go.

its a free country at the moment, Kanye can run and people who vote for him have the right an are not ----ing idiots

Wrong.

They are ****ing idiots.

This is a fact.

If you wonder how much bull**** this involves, check this story out.

Kanye is talking ‘almost daily’ with Jared. Seems like coordination to me.

Also, knowing how incompetent Kushner is, it’s not gonna work.

Inside Kanye West’s “Almost Daily” Chats With Jared Kushner—And Whether The White House Exploits His Mental State

And here’s a page of voter signatures that was rejected from NJ, probably as soon as the signature checkers could stop laughing.

6cd0fd225bc81bcd344e9537dc9a93c1.jpg

Last edited:
Until third parties can gain enough following in enough states to have meaningful representation in congress, voting for one in a presidential race does no more than benefit whomever is ahead in one's state. That may not be a big loss in an ordinary election, but . . .

Bravo...a voice of reason in a sea of nonsensical irrelevance.

You need a true Party apparatus to make a meaningful run at the Presidency. Now you can build it or you can wait for one of the major parties to become so jaded, so narrowly focused and led by unscrupulous blind blithering idiots that you can steal it right out from under their noses and even make them pay for the privilege (see GOP of 2014-2016). Newt Gingrich set the GOP on this path to party destruction and some 25 years later its about to come crashing down completely. Heck its almost there now.

Fake signatures to get on the ballot is considered cheating by most standards.

By the time the election rolls around Kanye will likely be indicted for election fraud and divorced. But of course he'll expect Trump to pardon him...cuz like "law and order" is such a thing now.

If he gets on the ballot he gets on the ballot.

Why do you think he would attract black people's votes away from Biden?

Ummmmmmmm, you are so far gone you can't even see that most of your fellow lefty partners believe that he will attract votes.

Yes yes...but y'all tell us the same thing every election cycle. Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal if the Republocrats could put up something other than **** every time.

The GOP is helping Kanye get on the ballot in some states. But there is no mathematical way that West can accumulate the EC votes to win.

It's just a transparent attempt to siphon votes away from Biden by people of color.

We have 3rd parties. If the "majority" is saying they're needed...they need to vote for them. Support 3rd parties, it's the only way to control the Republocrat Oligarchy.

There is a huge block of Independents, centrists, and moderates who have no party to support because all of the third parties are extreme, not in the middle. The only third party not to the extremes are the Libertarians who seem to be split down the middle as being either Democrats or Republicans. I don't know why they even bother having a party at all.

Some are saying Kayne might see some jail time over this.

There's a bunch of laws and requirements that you have to meet to run for president. Apparently, he's ignored these.

That doesn't put you in jail.

Ummmmmmmm, you are so far gone you can't even see that most of your fellow lefty partners believe that he will attract votes.

Who believes that? And why?

Yes yes...but y'all tell us the same thing every election cycle. Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal if the Republocrats could put up something other than **** every time.

Who is "y'all"?

Anyway, if you mean "you have to vote for X because the other candidate is so bad", 2016 and now 2020 are the only election cycles I've ever said that in. Obviously strong supporters of a given candidate will tell you that you just have to vote for their guy because the other person is so bad, but that isn't me.

On the other hand, the more general point that third parties have no chance of putting a person in the WH until they at least have enough of a following to have meaningful representation in congress, enough to be serious contenders, is true whether one likes it or not. The only real question is just how much it matters to you. I suggest it should matter very much right now.

I mean, is there anything Trump could have done to convince you that he absolutely had to go? Have public executions without trial? And consider: if the line is somewhere out there like that, aren't the chances pretty good that it's too late to change your mind? Too late for elections, if a leader had amassed enough power to get away with stuff like that...

It’s funny because the left loved Kanye when he said “George Bush doesn’t care about black people!” The left also loved Donald Trump when he was a Democrat. Just goes to show ya that the left only do and believe what pop culture and the media tell them to believe. Hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. One of the main problems is quite a lot of voters buy into this mantra from the two major parties that a vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote, they can't win. It becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. It's quite amazing that 6% of the electorate in 2016 voted for third party candidates know they couldn't win. It was a vote against both major party candidates. Not for any particular third party candidate. But when third parties get outspent roughly 2 billion dollars for both major parties to just 6 million for all third party candidates, there's no way for them to get out their message, to become known to the voters. They're just a third name on the ballot that isn't a Republican nor a Democrat. Such is life, apparently 94% of all America thought Trump and Clinton were the best candidates either party could produce, the top two candidates in all of America, none better and everyone else totally worse.

Trump won, so he was either the best candidate for the presidency of all 320 Americans or the second best.

Kanye could actually win because only a stupid or insane person would want to run for president where at least 50% of Americans will constantly be at your throat, stabbing you in the back, waiting to pounce on your every move, taking you to court to stop every action you want to do, and be the victim of endless witch hunt investigations. This is why we had Hillary and Trump. Sometimes **** floats to the top of the toilet.

It’s funny because the left loved Kanye when he said “George Bush doesn’t care about black people!” The left also loved Donald Trump when he was a Democrat. Just goes to show ya that the left only do and believe what pop culture and the media tell them to believe. Hypocrites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who loved West? not me.

its a free country at the moment, Kanye can run and people who vote for him have the right an are not ----ing idiots
You Trumpsters are absolutely scared ****less that Trump is going to lose, and you should be.

I have to admit, it’s enjoyable watching you guys grasping at any possible salvation no matter how absurd, like trying to prop up West. Last poll I saw on West said that he was polling at 2% in just a few states, 5 points behind the undecideds.

Unfortunately as long as people accept the idea that the turd they are running is somehow better than the turd the other guys are running third parties have a long uphill battle.

Back
Top Bottom