• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kansas? Really? Kansas?

Another state looking good.

i remember when Kansas was fairly moderate.

Kansas isn't a red state. Who is the governor of Kansas and which party?
Is it because in 2018 the republican bums who put kansans into their position got voted out?

Is it because in 2018 the republican bums who put kansans into their position got voted out?
They created an economic disaster. Serves them right. Seems its hard to keep fooling people.

i remember when Kansas was fairly moderate.
Kansas is moderate Republican. The trouble is that when the party went nuts, Kansas didn't realize it in time and elected nut jobs. They paid the price. It's not that they want a Democrat. It's that they don't want a nut job.

Kansas is moderate Republican. The trouble is that when the party went nuts, Kansas didn't realize it in time and elected nut jobs. They paid the price. It's not that they want a Democrat. It's that they don't want a nut job.
It's a trick the Party plays on the loyal GOP voter. They are so sure that the base will not vote D, they put up crazy people like Jim Jordan and Donald Trump.

To state it is about voters in the link, but about representatives in your own words. Gerrymandering tends to make it so state legislatures do not accurately reflect the partisan divide. Kansas is not a red state.

My how the worm turns, just 4 short years ago the rabid right chuckled at how many governors they had, how many state legislatures they dominated, how many voted for tRump... remember all that chackling?

Now the rabid right claims their 'red states' are purple. Trying to prepare the excuses for a power shift- brought on by first mindless political dogma- both Kansas and Oklahoma gutted it's services to give big oil and millionaires yet more money. These days those who stood with Gov. Mary Fallon wrecking our state budget now can't seem to remember her name... :rolleyes:

But the bullet to the brain mercy shot comes after 4 years of tRump. The GOP ain't dead, just down with a self inflicted GS. But please spin away from the brags and boasts of 4 years ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the heartland is purple... ✌

47.9% of Kansans identify as Republican. 35.6% identify as Democrat. It is the 7th most Republican state.

Yes, gerrymandering is a problem, but both parties do it.

Some parrties do it more than others.

Only the GOP has managed to steal the House even after losing the popular vote.

The probem is that the repubicans have for years contrrolled more state lagislatures which are too often unrestricted in applying partisan-based gerrymandering ith the blessing of the Supreme Court.

It appears that the Democrat Party is becoming very popular in the USA. Or, it could be my wishful thinking.

Don't be fooled. Both parties are still very much disliked and noticeably corrupt. But the GOP has become practically a cult and those who haven't drunk the orange Kool-Aid are running over to the party that seems sane.

Don't be fooled. Both parties are still very much disliked and noticeably corrupt. But the GOP has become practically a cult and those who haven't drunk the orange Kool-Aid are running over to the party that seems sane.
Although the Dems are a far cry from the Crazy we now see in the GOP, you are correct. They are far from saints and probably could not care less about their constituents either.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F201015174132-feinstein-graham-hug.jpg

Feinstein and Graham after the ACB Hearings

They certainly do not hate each other as much as they want us to hate the other side.

So Kansas and Massachusetts are purple states? Was California 'purple' from 2003 to 2011 when it had a Republican governor? Stop posting ridiculous crap.

I know joko is one of the uneducated voters on this forum. People who know what they are talking about look way past the governor's office. He also worships the rattlesnake.

The question is how to identify a purple state. Is it one with split parties in the Senate? Split control of the legislature? In the process of flipping? Or just too close to call races?

It's not so much that Democrats are popular as that the Republican lunacy has become too rampant to ignore.

Actually the Democratic Party is more popular. I don't have a link but red somewhere the DNC has more members and donors than the RNC.

I know joko is one of the uneducated voters on this forum. People who know what they are talking about look way past the governor's office. He also worships the rattlesnake.

The question is how to identify a purple state. Is it one with split parties in the Senate? Split control of the legislature? In the process of flipping? Or just too close to call races?

The definition I provided earlier in the thread identified them as states with a pretty even split of Republican and Democratic voters.

At state with statewide and federal elected officials of both parties is by definition a purple state. I never have a problem acknowledging a mistake when I make one. But most posters, particularly Democrats, are far to ego frail do do so, particularly since Biden banned Democrats ever accepting any facts.

Kansas by definition is a purple state at this time.

I would not agree with that definition. I mean you could define anything anyway you want, and there is no "technical definition" of purple state, but that definition would make red state/blue state/purple state pretty much meaningless. Any state can elect someone of the opposite party if the circumstances are correct. That would make ID, WY, AK, AR, GA, IN, MS, NE, ND, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, and WY the only red states and CA, CT, DE, HI, IL, MI, MN, NJ, NM, NY, RI, and VA.

States like WV, AL, KS, where Republicans win up and down the ballot by wide margins red states, while Michigan, which Trump won in 2016 would be a blue state since Democrats swept all the offices there in 2018. MA, VT, and MD would be purple states despite overwhelming Democratic dominance at every level for every statewide election except for the governor's race. All it would take is one horrible candidate to turn a red state purple. As Roy Moore in 2017 proved, that can happen anywhere, regardless of the state's composition.

If I did the list by your definition in 2006, while OK, WY, KS, AZ, and AR had Democratic governors while HI, VT, NH, CT, and MD had Republican governors and a whole host of other states had opposite party members in statewide elected positions, the only non-purple states in the entire country would have been Alaska, New Jersey, Texas, and Utah. And any definition that has 46 out of 50 states as purple at the same time, basically renders the term meaningless.

Due to massive mail in ballots fraud, I expect a massive Democratic Party "win" across the board and a full and permanent defeat of democracy in America. The USA as it was ends with this election. Instead, it will be just one state in a growing International plutocratic run world by the richest corporations and men on earth in totalitarian corporate-fascist states of which the USA is just one of them - and of increasingly less importance.

There is a reason every International billionaire furiously support Quid Pro Quo Biden in this Billionaires For Biden election, for which they control all TV stations, newspapers and the Internet as their Goebbels-style propaganda outlets. This tactic of the super rich worked to establish corporate fascism in Germany, controls this election, and it taking control of the entire world.

Sounds great. Enjoy the gulags. Plenty of tinfoil available there.

Due to massive mail in ballots fraud, I expect a massive Democratic Party "win" across the board and a full and permanent defeat of democracy in America. The USA as it was ends with this election. Instead, it will be just one state in a growing International plutocratic run world by the richest corporations and men on earth in totalitarian corporate-fascist states of which the USA is just one of them - and of increasingly less importance.

There is a reason every International billionaire furiously support Quid Pro Quo Biden in this Billionaires For Biden election, for which they control all TV stations, newspapers and the Internet as their Goebbels-style propaganda outlets. This tactic of the super rich worked to establish corporate fascism in Germany, controls this election, and it taking control of the entire world.
Your post is nothing but a paranoid-infused rant with zero basis in fact. Otherwise it's all good !

So why did they want the same nut job four years ago?

The definition I provided earlier in the thread identified them as states with a pretty even split of Republican and Democratic voters.

There is no way to know what every single voter's political party is, so elected offices have to be used.

There is no way to know what every single voter's political party is, so elected offices have to be used.

I'm pretty sure they keep records of each voter's political party (if they registered for one).

If you voted in a primary, they know.

It appears that the Democrat Party is becoming very popular in the USA. Or, it could be my wishful thinking.

I don't think it's the democratic party getting more popular. I think it's the republican party getting less popular because of Trump, and a number of republicans want to purge the Trump enablers, even at the cost of letting the democrats be in control a few years.

I don't think it's the democratic party getting more popular. I think it's the republican party getting less popular because of Trump, and a number of republicans want to purge the Trump enablers, even at the cost of letting the democrats be in control a few years.
Lincoln Project--makers of a very good podcast by the way--is all in on teaching the GOP a lesson. After that, they will leverage their following to push a moderate right leaning agenda. Not a bad plan, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom