• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kansas? Really? Kansas?

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Dem challenger is up 3 points on the Repub in the very red state of Kansas.

Can a dem actually pull off a victory in this state?

Oh, and look who is back in the hunt in, of all states, Alabama.

Jones +1 (the lead is likely an outlier but it certainly looks like the 12 point minus is gone.)

Kansas is still recovering from one of the worst austerity experiments in America. There are a lot of Kansans who have learned the hard way to see right through the "limited government" lie. They know that that's code for limited services and limited effectiveness of government.

i'm not really expecting the absolute wipeout that Democrats are hoping for and that Republicans are feigning fear of in order to position themselves if it actually happens. i do hope that Tweety / Renfield get sent home after the votes are counted, and i'd certainly like to see the Senate flip almost as much. the truth is that we don't know all of the variables yet.

Kansas isn't a red state. Who is the governor of Kansas and which party?

Due to massive mail in ballots fraud, I expect a massive Democratic Party "win" across the board and a full and permanent defeat of democracy in America. The USA as it was ends with this election. Instead, it will be just one state in a growing International plutocratic run world by the richest corporations and men on earth in totalitarian corporate-fascist states of which the USA is just one of them - and of increasingly less importance.

There is a reason every International billionaire furiously support Quid Pro Quo Biden in this Billionaires For Biden election, for which they control all TV stations, newspapers and the Internet as their Goebbels-style propaganda outlets. This tactic of the super rich worked to establish corporate fascism in Germany, controls this election, and it taking control of the entire world.

You judge whether a state is red or blue by the governor? So Massachusetts is a red state as was Illinois up until a couple years ago?
You've never heard the expression "purple state" before, have you?

So Kansas and Massachusetts are purple states? Was California 'purple' from 2003 to 2011 when it had a Republican governor? Stop posting ridiculous crap.
At state with statewide and federal elected officials of both parties is by definition a purple state. I never have a problem acknowledging a mistake when I make one. But most posters, particularly Democrats, are far to ego frail do do so, particularly since Biden banned Democrats ever accepting any facts.

Kansas by definition is a purple state at this time.

At state with statewide and federal elected officials of both parties is by definition a purple state.

That is a very unclear definition you present.

This is the definition I see: a U.S. state where around half the people vote Democrat and around half the people vote Republican:

Kansas is NOWHERE close to half and half representation Republican and Democrat.

I was born and raised in Kansas. Kansans have a loyal Republican majority, but they will vote for a Democrat when Republicans piss them off enough. That's what happened in the last governors race. Payback for all the closed schools and hospitals.

To state it is about voters in the link, but about representatives in your own words. Gerrymandering tends to make it so state legislatures do not accurately reflect the partisan divide.

Kansas is not a red state. You can claim it is more towards red that blue if you want, but it is purple. A purely red state will not have blue statewide officials. That's obvious. New York is a blue state. Mississippi is a red state. Over half of states are some degree of purple.

To state it is about voters in the link, but about representatives in your own words. Gerrymandering tends to make it so state legislatures do not accurately reflect the partisan divide.

Kansas is not a red state. You can claim it is more towards red that blue if you want, but it is purple. A purely red state will not have blue statewide officials. That's obvious. New York is a blue state. Mississippi is a red state. Over half of states are some degree of purple.
Must clearly be smoking something. I won't even ask.:geek:

A Democrat hasn’t won a US Senate seat in Kansas since 1932. And yet, for the first time in decades, the ruby-red state is seeing a truly competitive Senate race.

Most polls over the summer and fall have shown the candidates either tied or Marshall ahead by a few percentage points. A recent internal GOP poll showed Marshall ahead by 4 points, while Bollier’s own internal poll showed her ahead by 2 points. In other words, there’s currently no clear frontrunner, though the Republican lean of the state favors Marshall.

“Since the primary, polling has consistently shown at least among voters that are decided, there’s no clear leader in the race,” said Patrick Miller, political science professor at Kansas University. “Republicans are insisting very strongly that it’s not a competitive race, that it’s safe ... but they’re definitely acting like it’s competitive.”

A few weeks after dumping $5.2 million into the Kansas race, Mitch McConnell-aligned Super PAC Senate Leadership Fund is adding another $7.2 million to help boost Marshall.

“It’s tight, it’s a lot tighter than anyone would have expected and anyone would have wanted,” a GOP strategist told Vox. “I think you’ve broadly seen a tightening in margins around the country. A lot of it can be attributed to Democrats having a lot of money to spend.”

47.9% of Kansans identify as Republican. 35.6% identify as Democrat. It is the 7th most Republican state.

Yes, gerrymandering is a problem, but both parties do it.

It appears that the Democrat Party is becoming very popular in the USA. Or, it could be my wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom