• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kansas Group Says Teaching Evolution Violates Rights

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
These Right Wingers are just too much sometimes. How can anyone take these people serious. IMO, the only thing to take is serious is that they are a threat to this country...driving us back to the 18th century and making us a laughing stock to those living in the civilized part of the world.

...an organization called Citizens for Objective Public Education filed a lawsuit contesting science standards in Kansas schools, arguing that lessons on evolution represent an unconstitutional establishment of religion.

John Calvert of the Intelligent Design Network, an attorney involved in the lawsuit, told conservative talk radio host Janet Mefferd today that lessons on evolution are “religious education” in violation of the rights of parents, children and taxpayers. Mefferd replied that it is “crazy” to think that public schools could teach evolution to Christian students.

- See more at: COPE: Teaching Science Violates Rights Of Christians; Courts Must Block Science Curriculum | Right Wing Watch

“This really is a case about the establishment of a complete worldview,” Calvert said, arguing that public schools violate the Constitution by teaching “materialistic science” and therefore courts should block the curriculum and instruction on evolution. -

See more at: COPE: Teaching Science Violates Rights Of Christians; Courts Must Block Science Curriculum | Right Wing Watch
Dumb and dumber comes to mind.

These Right Wingers are just too much sometimes. How can anyone take these people serious. IMO, the only thing to take is serious is that they are a threat to this country...driving us back to the 18th century and making us a laughing stock to those living in the civilized part of the world.

That's a pretty terrible argument. Luckily, most right wingers don't think that way. You've got a few Paul Brouns out there, but I'm glad this segment is a minority.

That's a pretty terrible argument. Luckily, most right wingers don't think that way. You've got a few Paul Brouns out there, but I'm glad this segment is a minority.

I certainly hope this is a tiny minority because if not, we're further gone than I ever imagined.

I certainly hope this is a tiny minority because if not, we're further gone than I ever imagined.

They're an annoyingly vocal minority, but I think it's smaller than made out to be much of the time.

OP is a bit over zealous I agree...

I just find it funny, to deny evolution means you have to literally place your brain in a vacuum of nothingness, with no facts allowed in.

If some religious group believed that squirrels had written language, would we have to teach that in schools? No? Then belief has no bearing on it. Only facts matter.

OP is a bit over zealous I agree...

I just find it funny, to deny evolution means you have to literally place your brain in a vacuum of nothingness, with no facts allowed in.

To deny evolution probably means your head has been in a vacuum, with no facts allowed in. Evolution is probably the most substantiated scientific theory out there--it's better understood, and observations of evolution in the fossil record are more consistent with the theory than are the laws of gravity, which seem to still throw us for a loop now and then.

The Talibornagain strike again.

Look, if you want to teach all kinds of creationist fables, and want to pretend they are science, you can...in your churches and your church run schools. You may not indoctrinate your religious dogma into the minds of kids who are in taxpayer funded public schools.

Got it?

Or maybe you would like to have government mandate that an actual scientist will come into your church and your church schools and educate the kids on actual scientific evidence....

Just a bunch of nutters exercising their right to free speech. They have no power, no credibility, and no sense. It's better to just ignore them.

Amazing what a good childhood brainwashing can do. Hell.....the cannibals brainwashed their young to eat human flesh as a religious ritual for thousands of years...then, ironically they traded that superstition for another one....Christianity.

Back
Top Bottom