• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris says Trump not credible on possible COVID-19 vaccine

Kamala Harris says Trump not credible on possible COVID-19 vaccine - Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris said she would not take President Donald Trump’s word alone on any potential coronavirus vaccine.

In an interview excerpt broadcast by CNN on Saturday, Harris said Trump had a track record of suppressing expert opinion about the coronavirus pandemic and worried that might happen again in the case of a prospective vaccine.

“I would not trust Donald Trump,” she said, saying she would only be convinced of the efficacy of a vaccine if someone credible were vouching for it as well.

“I will not take his word for it.”
=================================================
I wouldn't trust Trump ether.

Considering the fact that many of the pharm companies signed a pact not to release the vaccine until they are sure that it works and is safe, neither do the pharm companies.

Lest we forget the convalescent plasma treatment announcement. There's a lot more to understand before making the claims Trump made about it; this kind of thing doesn't help in the credibility department when it comes time for him to tout a new vaccine.

Or the Hydroxychloroquine :roll:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

For the sake of argument let’s say a vaccine is approved and available by November. And let’s say the Democrats have their way and manage to have its release delayed until more studies/trials are done. And then after that it’s proven to be effective. Will the Democrats own the responsibility of those that died in the interim due to their political games?

What on earth are you talking about? If a vaccine is rushed out before it proven to be both safe and viable, why would you blame Democrats for the possible adverse consequences of a decision they weren't involved in making? Your post makes no sense. "Political games" are Trump's specialty; that's one of the reasons the idiot was trying to get testing slowed.

I thought I was clear enough. Sorry about your confusion.

Your ridiculous 'what if' argument leaves no room for confusion. Ok, here's a 'what if' for you. 'Strap this new type of parachute on we've invented; we haven't finished testing it yet but we're confident it will work. Jump!' Would you? Because that's what Trump is suggesting you do.

Your ridiculous 'what if' argument leaves no room for confusion. Ok, here's a 'what if' for you. 'Strap this new type of parachute on we've invented; we haven't finished testing it yet but we're confident it will work. Jump!' Would you? Because that's what Trump is suggesting you do.

If I fell out of the plane and was going to die unless I used it I probably would.

Nice strawman.

EhPU6_hWkAAbBHY

No worries. Fauci has your back
--------

Fauci told CNN that the Food and Drug Administration has been “very explicit” that it is going to make a decision based on data from clinical trials. The trial results will also be reviewed by the Data and Safety Monitoring Board, an independent group of experts who monitor patient safety and treatment data, he said. –

Coronavirus: Fauci confident no politics in vaccine approval

It's called an analogy. You clearly have no idea what a 'strawman' argument is.
It’s called misrepresenting my argument with something I wasn’t arguing thinking you’ve disputed mine. Classic strawman. Hope you haven’t run out straw.

it's both bizarre and sad that a con man who has been a con man for 40 years could openly con this many people.

Sounds to me like It's Kamala in this case is attempting the con.

For the sake of argument let’s say a vaccine is approved and available by November. And let’s say the Democrats have their way and manage to have its release delayed until more studies/trials are done. And then after that it’s proven to be effective. Will the Democrats own the responsibility of those that died in the interim due to their political games?

More likely, the reverse could be true. Say the vaccine is rushed and approved, then found to do more harm than good. Who gets the blame for the loss of lives?

More likely, the reverse could be true. Say the vaccine is rushed and approved, then found to do more harm than good. Who gets the blame for the loss of lives?

Trust me, it'll be spun so that Democrats get the blame.

As with any treatment there are risks. The medical profession considers the benefits to the risks and go from there. My wife recently went through chemo. Had an adverse reaction to one of the drugs used and her oncologist had to change directions. We trust the experts when dealing with medical issues. The alternative is usually death.

The left, especially Pelosi, have been saying we need to trust the experts. Is this an exception to this rule? Or is it politics.

As with any treatment there are risks. The medical profession considers the benefits to the risks and go from there. My wife recently went through chemo. Had an adverse reaction to one of the drugs used and her oncologist had to change directions. We trust the experts when dealing with medical issues. The alternative is usually death.

The left, especially Pelosi, have been saying we need to trust the experts. Is this an exception to this rule? Or is it politics.

I don't think this is a medical issue. IMO it's strictly political. That's true of all the decisions being made concerning the virus.

I don't think this is a medical issue. IMO it's strictly political. That's true of all the decisions being made concerning the virus.
I don’t think Covid is a hoax. I don’t think the the guidelines put out by the CDC are political. What is political is what your politicians are using the info for. One could be using it to control people and the other to really help us. How you look at it is largely influenced by your political viewpoint. And that’s unfortunate because people are dying.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris said she would not take President Donald Trump’s word alone on any potential coronavirus vaccine.

In an interview excerpt broadcast by CNN on Saturday, Harris said Trump had a track record of suppressing expert opinion about the coronavirus pandemic and worried that might happen again in the case of a prospective vaccine.

“I would not trust Donald Trump,” she said, saying she would only be convinced of the efficacy of a vaccine if someone credible were vouching for it as well.

What "expert opinion" has the president suppressed?

I don’t think Covid is a hoax. I don’t think the the guidelines put out by the CDC are political. What is political is what your politicians are using the info for. One could be using it to control people and the other to really help us. How you look at it is largely influenced by your political viewpoint. And that’s unfortunate because people are dying.

Covid is not a hoax. I've no doubt it's real. I do think the CDC (And WHO) is political.

We don't know that at all. And worse, you have zero evidence to back that up.

don't be a sucker, it's obvious that every one of our institutions is being corrupted

He has been a BS con man for his entire career. He lies all the time, which is proof of that.

Which is why he's enjoyed such amazing success in so many varied fields.

Do any facts from the real world ever reach the place you live?

Covid is not a hoax. I've no doubt it's real. I do think the CDC (And WHO) is political.
Good point about WHO. I agree with you on that one for sure. Although the CDC seems at times political I tend to give them the benefit of a doubt. Fauci doesn’t seem to be in Trump’s back pocket. But then I’ve been fooled before.

Which is why he's enjoyed such amazing success in so many varied fields.

Do any facts from the real world ever reach the place you live?

What "amazing" success? For a start he owes Deutsche Bank more than he reportedly has stashed away. Technically he's broke and no reputable bank wants anything to do with him. And then there's everyone else the crook has stiffed on his way to "success". That's called 'failure'.

Last edited:

I just love how Biden and the left claim that with the Coronavirus they will follow the science and listen to the experts, until the science and the experts talk about a vaccine, then they won't follow the science and listen to the experts.

Back
Top Bottom