• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris says Trump not credible on possible COVID-19 vaccine

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Kamala Harris says Trump not credible on possible COVID-19 vaccine - Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris said she would not take President Donald Trump’s word alone on any potential coronavirus vaccine.

In an interview excerpt broadcast by CNN on Saturday, Harris said Trump had a track record of suppressing expert opinion about the coronavirus pandemic and worried that might happen again in the case of a prospective vaccine.

“I would not trust Donald Trump,” she said, saying she would only be convinced of the efficacy of a vaccine if someone credible were vouching for it as well.

“I will not take his word for it.”
=================================================
I wouldn't trust Trump ether.

The first red flag is the rush to release it without much information on efficacy. This reminds me a lot of premature software releases where it can be said the product was released, but it's often a crap show. I'll reserve judgment until something is released and have more data.

Trump isn't credible on anything.

He has been a BS con man for his entire career. He lies all the time, which is proof of that.

it's both bizarre and sad that a con man who has been a con man for 40 years could openly con this many people.

it's both bizarre and sad that a con man who has been a con man for 40 years could openly con this many people.

'You can fool some of the people all of the time & all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all of the time.'

I didn't know POTUS was in a lab mixing up vaccines. Good lord. I thought we were suppose to follow the science? Of course, kind of like no mask Nancy hairgate

But she will mandate you take Biden's vaccine.

I didn't know POTUS was in a lab mixing up vaccines. Good lord. I thought we were suppose to follow the science? Of course, kind of like no mask Nancy hairgate

or #Militarygate

EhPU6_hWkAAbBHY

The first red flag is the rush to release it without much information on efficacy. This reminds me a lot of premature software releases where it can be said the product was released, but it's often a crap show. I'll reserve judgment until something is released and have more data.

He needs to stop his snakeoilsmanship.

He turns potentially valuable immunization into snake oil by "selling" it before its' safety and efficacy have been proven. We have enough issues with anti science folks and antivaxers to deal with. Trump has no conscience. He is playing politics directly with the health of American Citizens.

He needs to stop his snakeoilsmanship.

He turns potentially valuable immunization into snake oil by "selling" it before its' safety and efficacy have been proven. We have enough issues with anti science folks and antivaxers to deal with. Trump has no conscience. He is playing politics directly with the health of American Citizens.

It's what he does, so I suspect this is never going to stop on his end. While I'm sure most of us want a vaccine/treatment sooner than later, the problem is you need time to determine efficacy and side effects. Then of course there's establishing the logistical issues around distributing and administering the vaccine.

Low hanging fruit.

Kamala Harris says Trump not credible on possible COVID-19 vaccine

LOL, should not the question be asked, who does think TRump is credible on the vaccine?

Credible on anything really.

Only the cultists.

The rest of the world knows the truth.

We all know that Trump is a compulsive liar, He will say anything to look good. Combined with the unrealistic rush to field this vaccine, I doubt that many will opt to get it. But he will declare 'mission accomplished' & take the credit for it.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris said she would not take President Donald Trump’s word alone on any potential coronavirus vaccine.

In an interview excerpt broadcast by CNN on Saturday, Harris said Trump had a track record of suppressing expert opinion about the coronavirus pandemic and worried that might happen again in the case of a prospective vaccine.

“I would not trust Donald Trump,” she said, saying she would only be convinced of the efficacy of a vaccine if someone credible were vouching for it as well.

Trump isn’t the one approving it. The experts and scientists (the same ones Pelosi says she trusts for guidelines) are the ones that will approve it.

For the sake of argument let’s say a vaccine is approved and available by November. And let’s say the Democrats have their way and manage to have its release delayed until more studies/trials are done. And then after that it’s proven to be effective. Will the Democrats own the responsibility of those that died in the interim due to their political games?

that is point, we know trump is tainting the science

Who cares what she says. She’s completely predictable.

We all know that Trump is a compulsive liar, He will say anything to look good. Combined with the unrealistic rush to field this vaccine, I doubt that many will opt to get it. But he will declare 'mission accomplished' & take the credit for it.

Maybe a vaccine will only be 75% effective. Stage 1 and 2 testing have determined there are no dangers to humans from severral vacccines. The only question is efficacy, what percentage does a vaccine immunize effectively, and for how long.

There is no harm in trying vaccines cleared in Stage 1 and 2 trials, because the only question is what is the effectiveness of the vaccine. You can take several vaccines now, and just keep wearing your mask, until a vaccine is tested as reliable.

Using a Stage 1 and 2 tested vaccine should be under a doctor's advice, so the doctor can advise on the effectiveness.

"Clinical development is a three-phase process. During Phase I, small groups of people receive the trial vaccine. In Phase II, the clinical study is expanded and vaccine is given to people who have characteristics (such as age and physical health) similar to those for whom the new vaccine is intended. In Phase III, the vaccine is given to thousands of people and tested for efficacy and safety.

Many vaccines undergo Phase IV formal, ongoing studies after the vaccine is approved and licensed."

Vaccine Testing and Approval Process | CDC

Trump is showing leadership in selecting vaccines to be manufactured before they are fully approved. Biden and Harris don't tell you which vaccine should be manufactured now, ahead of approval. Biden and Harris just criticize, with no plans.

The FDA and Fouci sometimes hold up drugs that could be saving lives, before being fully tested for efficacy.

\\

Last edited:
Fauci is the correct spelling.

Information on ddI approval for aids. The appproval of ddI, although fast tracked eventually, was slowed at first by Fauci for reasons of efficacy, not safety. Lives could have been saved sooner.

"Decision making regarding early release of dideoxyinosine (ddI), a promising antiretroviral drug that has been seen as a potential replacement for the often highly toxic drug zidovudine (AZT) in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, occurred in a context of more general discussions within the AIDS scientific and activist communities about early access to experimental treatments for persons with AIDS that were to be offered on a “parallel track” with ongoing clinical trials. In effect, ddI became a prototype for early access before a model for implementing the broader parallel track program was developed or approved by the relevant government agencies. The success of the parallel track concept will be closely linked to the improvised approach developed for ddI.

The support for early release of ddI and the general notion of parallel track represented a remarkable shift in attitudes among government researchers and regulators, a change inspired by discussions with and pressure from the AIDS activist community. The endorsement of parallel track by top PHS officials occurred in a context of agency jockeying for support from the AIDS activist community. Parallel track and early release of ddI have also resulted in an unusual confluence of interests among AIDS activists, regulators, drug companies, and some key scientific researchers."

Unproven AIDS Therapies: The Food and Drug Administration and ddI - Biomedical Politics - NCBI Bookshelf

//

Last edited:

He's been choosing to overrule/ignore Fauci, etc and the CDC or demand they change their directives and guidelines all along. Why would this be any different?

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Maybe a vaccine will only be 75% effective.

*sigh* No vaccine is 100% effective. 70% would be high.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

He's been choosing to overrule/ignore Fauci, etc and the CDC or demand they change their directives and guidelines all along. Why would this be any different?

Lest we forget the convalescent plasma treatment announcement. There's a lot more to understand before making the claims Trump made about it; this kind of thing doesn't help in the credibility department when it comes time for him to tout a new vaccine.

Back
Top Bottom