• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations

i don't support the failed war on pot. how do they handle that in Russia?

She supports descheduling pot, basically leaving whether its legal to use up to the states. This would also likely roll over to growing, and only really mean some regulation and taxation, maybe fines in some places for use.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Did they break the law?

She put people in jail for the very thing ahe bragged about doing with a smile on her face. Thank god dems were stupid enough to pick a VP candidate with so much baggage. I love how she glows when looking at Biden now....afyer she accused him of sexual assault. Shes a walking example of leftist hypocrisy and their lust for power at all costs. Yes she was so sure he was a rapist...she looks forward to working with him. Too funny. Your candidates are going to roasted on the debate stage. They know it. Even leftstream is now calling them out for hiding in thei bunkers avoiding questions.

I am outraged that Harris ruined/gave records to 1,500 likely very low-level pot possessors.

Pot should be legal at the federal level.

That is from a GOP diehard!

Republicans continue to prevent weed from being legalized at the federal level.
GOPs have consistently been against medical and recreational pot at the state level.
Conservative GOP states continue to jail folks for marihuana.

Does dems BLM and friends of marijuana still thinks Kamala Harris is a good pick?

Are dems and BLM who wants marijuana to be legal gonna vote for Joe Biden and support Kammala Harris?

How Kamala Harris prosecuted marijuana cases in San Francisco

What you should be looking at is not the negatives but the positives of what she did.

She was an attorney general and a prosecutor and her JOB was to follow and institute the law in her state. It was not her job to make the law but to enforce it.

As such, it is a high positive that she did put 1500 people in jail for marijuana as it means she was successful at doing her job. Isn't that what we want? After all, we have lived for almost 4 years having a president that has been incompetent in doing the job. Isn't it about time that we have someone that is competent at doing the job?

Isn't competence the #1 thing we require in a leader?

Last edited:
I wonder if she inhaled in high school and college.

Harris is a jackass for giving so many young people records just as they were starting their lives.

I hope the penalties have not been too severe for the 1,500 caught up in mad-dog Harris' extremely low level pot busts.

Marijuana should be legal - at the federal level.

Be sure to tell your fellow republicans it should be legal. You're the guys with all the religious and moral issues that say no to everything because god doesn't want us to have it.

pssstttt. a bunch of them are fake "law & order", fake "christians", fake "fiscal conservatives" and fake "small government".

they think we can't see them.

I wonder if she inhaled in high school and college.

Harris is a jackass for giving so many young people records just as they were starting their lives.

I hope the penalties have not been too severe for the 1,500 caught up in mad-dog Harris' extremely low level pot busts.

Marijuana should be legal - at the federal level.

Republicans keep stopping that at the federal level, let alone the state level where they control the states.
How does it feel to perpetuate these GOP lies and miss-characterizations of Harris.

80 days left of GOP dysfunction as the party of QAnon.
Then at least 78 days of a perilous transition.

TrumpQins are having a difficult time defining Harris on law-and-order.

Imagine the QAnon/GOP outrage if she had not done this.

Enforcement discretion.

True, but if we're talking about a joint here and there, the cop and Harris could have turned their heads for a moment allowing destruction or consumption.

If we're talking about all the cases a DA of a major city works we're talking about a lot of different situations.

If you don't like DA's prosecuting pot crimes or police arresting people for pot crimes the right thing to do is change the laws so that they aren't crimes.

Both Republicans AND Democrats have been locking up people for cannabis for many, many decades. Your suggestion that the attorney General can just ignore the laws as they choose is false.

I for one care more about who supports legalization now (the Democrats), while you support people who opposed it then AND now (Republicans).

You don't actually care about this issue, you enable the people who criminalize and lock up minor drug offenders. You're only looking for a hammer to hit the opposition with, not looking for actual change.

Didn't you ever watch COPS or LivePD or Law and Order Crime and Punishment?

Plea bargains occur all the time.

Did the cop not do their job? Did Harris not do her job? Why would you expect a cop or Harris to turn their heads?...don't ask or expect people like cops or Harris to look the other way because something needs changed...that is not how change happens.

Go watch all episodes of COPS and LivePD.

Be sure to tell your fellow republicans it should be legal. You're the guys with all the religious and moral issues that say no to everything because god doesn't want us to have it.

So democrats are athiests?

I don't think so.

If we're talking about all the cases a DA of a major city works we're talking about a lot of different situations.

If you don't like DA's prosecuting pot crimes or police arresting people for pot crimes the right thing to do is change the laws so that they aren't crimes.

True enough.

So democrats are athiests?

I don't think so.

I don't care what a person believes in. If you want to believe in an imaginary being floating around somewhere just waiting to serve mankind, so be it. If you want to believe you are here to serve this imaginary being, so be it.

Keep your religion out of politics. Your religious beliefs have no place in politics especially when everyone does not agree about religion. Are the jews fake religious people because they don't believe in christianity? Let people believe what they wish, just don't impose it on others with laws.

Didn't you ever watch COPS or LivePD or Law and Order Crime and Punishment?

Plea bargains occur all the time.

It's down to two and only two sets of candidates. Biden and Harris, who want to legalize, and Trump and Pence who want to increase criminalization.

If you cared about this issue there's only one choice.

I don't care what a person believes in. If you want to believe in an imaginary being floating around somewhere just waiting to serve mankind, so be it. If you want to believe you are here to serve this imaginary being, so be it.

Keep your religion out of politics. Your religious beliefs have no place in politics especially when everyone does not agree about religion. Are the jews fake religious people because they don't believe in christianity? Let people believe what they wish, just don't impose it on others with laws.

You my friend are the one that first brought up religion while slandering the GOP.

So please live by your own words and keep the 2 seperate.

John

It's down to two and only two sets of candidates. Biden and Harris, who want to legalize, and Trump and Pence who want to increase criminalization.

If you cared about this issue there's only one choice.

I have not heard or read that both Biden and Harris definitely want to legalize.

He's almost 78 for Christ's sake and probably still believes that pot is a hard core narcotic.

I have not heard or read that both Biden and Harris definitely want to legalize.

He's almost 78 for Christ's sake and probably still believes that pot is a hard core narcotic.
No he doesn't believe its a hard-core narcotic. He agrees with decriminlaizing it, rescheduling it, leaving it up to the states and expunged records.

Where Presidential Candidate Joe Biden Stands On Marijuana | Marijuana Moment

Trump has a pretty flip flopping history here.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

You my friend are the one that first brought up religion while slandering the GOP.

So please live by your own words and keep the 2 seperate.

John

Excuse me. I never talk about how god influences my thinking. I don't believe in a god or gods and I certainly don't practice a religion and yet you're trying to tell me I bring religion into politics? I'm sick of hearing how we are a christian country. Or marke with his idiotic godless democrat statements and all the abortion heroes on here.

Keep your god and your religion out of our politics.

Back
Top Bottom