• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris Is a Terrible Pick and Here's Why

Actually she is a very bad pick, her entire run for president was destroyed in a single debate by gabbard doing nothing more than bringing upp her record, any vp that can only help so long as no one anywhere mentions her record is not a good choice, especially when trump and pence and fox news will have no issues reminding people over and over again about her record which is public knowledge.

And let’s be clear, Americans want law and order so Kamala is a winning candidate on her record, but she’ll totally renounce and deny her record

This forum needs a betting section for people who feel they are so able to predict future events.

I have no way of predicting the death of Biden or Trump. Just by the looks of them I would have to say Trump looks the unhealthier of the two. But I have seen obese people live into their 80's.

You’re over the moon if you think Biden looks healthier then Trump.

Biden is clearly senile.

I love Bernie, but I'm sorry, he's factually wrong on this per the evidence and articles presented, and unlike in the case of establishment Dem group thinkers/hive-minders/jersey bearers, there is room for dissent among the progressive left.

I will do my part to see that Biden is elected the next POTUS, but Kamala was, as stated earlier, quite possibly the worst VP pick in contention for a wealth of legitimate and factual reasons.

I would be persuaded by Bernie Sanders before the opinion of anyone who posts on DebatePolitics.

I would be persuaded by Bernie Sanders before the opinion of anyone who posts on DebatePolitics.

You don't have to take my word to recognize and parse the many horrible things Kamala has done in her past; that's the entire point of me having itemizing them while linking my sources.

This forum needs a betting section for people who feel they are so able to predict future events.

I have no way of predicting the death of Biden or Trump. Just by the looks of them I would have to say Trump looks the unhealthier of the two. But I have seen obese people live into their 80's.
Not predicting death; looking for a 25th amendment "unable to perform duties" type thing.

And let’s be clear, Americans want law and order so Kamala is a winning candidate on her record, but she’ll totally renounce and deny her record

She can try to renounce it but it is public record or being one of the most corrupt law and order types in the nation, thats why gabbard merely bringing it up in a debate tanked harris's campaign.

At this point him choosing harris looks to me like mccain choosing palin, looks like a gimmick and a play on identity politics more than a serious pick, there were plenty of other choices he could have made, but took the one corrupt enough that she made trump and hillary look like angels by comparison..

Not really. He didn't say he was going to vote for Trump either.

lower turn out for Dem candidate = Trump wins. 2016 all over again.

Trump is clearly obese.

Not to mention he appears to be having increasing issues with his motor functions and is prone to rambling confusedly about such topics as the merits of injecting disinfectant to treat disease and the role of influenza in ending World War II in 1917. Perhaps yet another unscheduled visit to Walter Reed for an emergency 'physical' is in order.

You don't have to take my word to recognize and parse the many horrible things Kamala has done in her past; that's the entire point of me having itemizing them while linking my sources.

I confess her record as the California Attorney General is troubling. Bernie Sanders might have got this wrong.

In a nutshell, Kamala Harris has proven herself a psychopathic career climber more concerned with getting ahead than getting justice, representation or any other such petty inconveniences. She is an appalling and utterly tone-deaf pick in this era of BLM and mass protests and unrest driven by police brutality, militarization, systemic racism, and injustice, the latter of which she is unfortunately exceedingly well versed in, featuring a laundry list of such egrigious offenses as:

#1: Repeatedly refusing the admission of potentially exonerary DNA evidence which was later court ordered by a judge to be submitted. Kamala Harris Refused DNA Test in Murder Case of Kevin Cooper

#2: Repeatedly refusing to release an innocent man from prison, then refused to compensate him for a decade wrongly served in prison.

#3: Repeatedly and systemically violated defendants’ rights by hiding damaging information about a compromised police drug lab technician getting high off evidence and resisted initial court orders by Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo to disclose such information, Kamala incredibly arguing that she was 'unfairly biased' because her husband was a defense attorney in an futile and ridiculous attempt to avoid doing so; this eventually resulted in the dismissal of approximately a thousand cases: 1,000 San Francisco drug cases to be dismissed in lab scandal – The Mercury News | https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5df094-392b-11e9-a06c-3ec8ed509d15_story.html

#4: Largely ignored bombshell evidence exposing widespread deputy misconduct, perjury and evidence tampering/destruction until much later where she then dragged her feet in starting an ineffectual sham of a probe that found no one guilty or accountable, and resulted in 0 charges filed.

#5: Related to #4: appealed the dismissal of an indictment when a state prosecutor appended two fabricated statements to a confession in an attempt to maximize sentencing.

#6: Set up and oversaw a grossly ineffective Mortgage Fraud Strike Force meant to deal with foreclosure fraud; despite receiving hundreds of complaints, it prosecuted only 10 cases in a period of three years. Less equipped county district attorneys and AGs in other states incredibly filed many more California-based cases despite inferior resources.

#7: Failed to prosecute OneWestBank despite it repeatedly breaking California foreclosure laws ( Mnuchin's Bank Accused of "Widespread Misconduct" ) , and despite the presentation of uncovered evidence of widespread misconduct; Kamala Harris dismissed a year long investigation recommending civil enforcement action against the company, refusing to prosecute or act on those recommendations while offering no explanation for this at all.

It is to be noted that this list is by no means exhaustive.

Supporting/source articles:

When Kamala Was a Top Cop - The Atlantic

Kamala Harris Offers No New Hope - Paste

The Two Faces of Kamala Harris

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article233375207.html

In summary, Kamala was a patently idiotic choice that is diametrically opposite and opposed to the current and well-justified zeitgeist. Should Biden win, he will do so in spite, and not because of, Harris as VP.

Remember Alabama where they almost elected a idotic, bigot and pedophile to the U.S. senate a couple of years ago? You know how saved the state from that embarrassment? Black women!

And it's black women who are going to show up in unprecedented numbers to vote for the Biden/Harris ticket.

Thank goodness for Biden's smart pick and for the black women who are going to save us from 4 more years of tyranny and embarrassment.

Thats pretty much my opinion on the matter, "in a nutshell" :)

Last edited:
If you vote for Biden and he wins count on Harris sitting in the Oval Office within two years of the Inauguration. Take that to the bank.

Fine with me. At least she won't be appointing unqualified, bumbling idiots to cabinet positions like trump does.

Democrats have been making a habit of nominating bad candidates lately.

Posted by someone who'd never vote for a Dem no matter what.

Opinion dismissed.

Last edited:
Remember Alabama where they almost elected a idotic, bigot and pedophile to the U.S. senate a couple of years ago? You know how saved the state from that embarrassment? Black women!

And it's black women who are going to show up in unprecedented numbers to vote for the Biden/Harris ticket.

Thank goodness for Biden's smart pick and for the black women who are going to save us from 4 more years of tyranny and embarrassment.

Thats pretty much my opinion on the matter, "in a nutshell" :)

You do realize that there were multiple black women in consideration for the ticket right? Picking easily the worst of the bunch, a demonstrably unethical AG with a storied history of prizing prosecutions, connections, and her career over justice per her factual doings and history I've provided, cannot remotely be described as anything close to 'smart', especially as BLM and mass protests against such people justly rage across this country.

You do realize that there were multiple black women in consideration for the ticket right? Picking easily the worst of the bunch, a demonstrably unethical AG with a storied history of prizing prosecutions, connections, and her career over justice per her factual doings and history I've provided, cannot remotely be described as anything close to 'smart', especially as BLM and mass protests against such people justly rage across this country.

She's a fighter and former prosecutor. She'll eat Pence for lunch in debates. She's a great pick!

She's a fighter and former prosecutor. She'll eat Pence for lunch in debates. She's a great pick!

She's certainly a fighter for her career, I can agree on that, and to the detriment of the public trust and authority vested in her.

That she was a blatantly unethical former prosecutor and AG should not be a note in her favour in the slightest, particularly when her missteps are well documented and an open matter of public record as we can see in the OP. She's a terrible pick for all the reasons I've mentioned and more; what I've produced is only a partial list of Kamala's greatest (worst) hits.

Hell, even in the debates she was subpar, and beyond her one scathing attack on Biden where she actually spoke truth to power, she folded like wet cardboard when Gabbard rightly went after her horrid prosecutorial record.

Trump is clearly obese. No doctor has certified Biden as senile. He's just a normal old dude.

If he hesitates sometimes, that's because he has the long time disability of being someone who stutters.

She's certainly a fighter for her career, I can agree on that, and to the detriment of the public trust and authority vested in her.

That she was a blatantly unethical former prosecutor and AG should not be a note in her favour in the slightest, particularly when her missteps are well documented and an open matter of public record as we can see in the OP. She's a terrible pick for all the reasons I've mentioned and more; what I've produced is only a partial list of Kamala's greatest (worst) hits.

Hell, even in the debates she was subpar, and beyond her one scathing attack on Biden where she actually spoke truth to power, she folded like wet cardboard when Gabbard rightly went after her horrid prosecutorial record.

Democrat voters did not want her.

I am reading that Harris has sided with police over suspects - even in cases where those suspects may have been wrongfully convicted and that although she's expressed personal opposition to the death penalty, she's supported its use while she's been in office. Conservatives will like her based on her record. Bernie supporters might catch a cold on voting day.

vote against Tweety.

Good write up. Kamala is a horrendous candidate. My brother texted me today after finding out with the following comment "I didn't think it would be possible for Biden to not get me to vote for him." I fear that he's not the only one that feels that way.

The obvious onset of dementia didn't do it, but Kamala did? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom