• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris has ‘Unprecedented’ Negative Rating

And yet Oprah makes billions. Maybe it's not the BLACKNESS, it's the total repulsiveness.

LOL, who are you kidding, "conservatives" hate Oprah too, and basically anyone who doesn't kiss the ass of their orange dear leader.

Well...that just about sums up the ignorant, dishonest white-nationalist/white-grievance view of VP Harris.

Well done, Felis Leo...you've represented them well (yet again).

Of course it's about race and gender. OF COURSE it is.

That's 90% of it.

The other 10% is due to her low-profile status in the early days of the Biden administration. And that's been entirely by design.

All of the b.s. we've seen about her intelligence and competence (etc.)....is just standards white-grievance tactics against any/every minority person in a position of power. That's only going to grow as time passes, and Harris assumes a more prominent role in various aspects of the adminstration.
I dunno about anyone else, but I don't like her one bit personally and I agree with some of the criticisms against her. Our leadership shouldn't be a popularity contest, and I've tried to warm up to her. I agree with many of her positions, but all in all, she has not impressed me.

I'm a woman, and pretty sensitive to misogyny. It has nothing to do with her race, either--I didn't realize she was "black" until it was pointed out a couple bazillion times. It's not that. I've defended her against the sniping over her affair with Willie Brown and that stupid claim she's related to a slave owner.

I made an effort to like her, but I failed. It seems to me that while she's certainly not stupid, she's a shrewd politician very fixed on the cameras, who will say what wins her votes. As a moderate Independent, some of her positions are too progressive for me, and all in all, I keep my fingers crossed that Joe stays well.

Her race and her sex is certainly of no help to her, but her main problem seems to be her general unlikability.

Funny how any American female that gets any power is "unlikable" by American many males... go figure. Even AOC, a woman with next to no real power, but a possible future threat, is dragged through the mud time and time again and attacked.

Face it, America has an equality problem between the sexes. On paper the sexes are equal, but when it comes to "power", the male dominated society strikes back more than often. Think about it, has there been any female politicians in the last 20-30 years that was respected as an equal to her male counterparts by the right wing especially?

And before you go on about "damn Europeans".. we actually have the same issue here in Denmark among the 70+ year old males, but because we have had powerful female politicians far longer than America, the sexual body parts of a person is seen as irrelevant by most people under 70.

It is actually kind of hilarious how it goes. I asked a friend, who is 82, on why he did not like Hilary Clinton. He said because she was unlikable and rubbed him the wrong way. Funny he likes Harris somewhat, but he only follows American politics very little, so she aint as "big" in Danish media yet as Clinton was. Then I asked the same of famous Danish female politicians, and the answer was similar. He did not like the first female Prime Minister because of some fake tax issues and her husband (who is English). The list went on and on with these absolutely insane excuses and when I pointed out similar issues (like tax) with male equivalents he liked then he started to get mad... realizing maybe that his claims of like equality among the sexes might not be as true as he thought.

Point is, women still have a long way to go in the US when it comes to politics. Just wait, Harris and AOC will be hounded for not having kids or other absolutely silly things that are never ever asked of a man.

Like most vice presidents in this era, Garner had little to do and little influence on the president's policies. He famously described the vice presidency as being "not worth a bucket of warm piss" (for many years, this quote was bowdlerized as "warm spit".)

Quote by John Nance Garner, FDR’s first VP

Funny how any American female that gets any power is "unlikable" by American many males... go figure. Even AOC, a woman with next to no real power, but a possible future threat, is dragged through the mud time and time again and attacked.

Face it, America has an equality problem between the sexes. On paper the sexes are equal, but when it comes to "power", the male dominated society strikes back more than often. Think about it, has there been any female politicians in the last 20-30 years that was respected as an equal to her male counterparts by the right wing especially?

And before you go on about "damn Europeans".. we actually have the same issue here in Denmark among the 70+ year old males, but because we have had powerful female politicians far longer than America, the sexual body parts of a person is seen as irrelevant by most people under 70.

It is actually kind of hilarious how it goes. I asked a friend, who is 82, on why he did not like Hilary Clinton. He said because she was unlikable and rubbed him the wrong way. Funny he likes Harris somewhat, but he only follows American politics very little, so she aint as "big" in Danish media yet as Clinton was. Then I asked the same of famous Danish female politicians, and the answer was similar. He did not like the first female Prime Minister because of some fake tax issues and her husband (who is English). The list went on and on with these absolutely insane excuses and when I pointed out similar issues (like tax) with male equivalents he liked then he started to get mad... realizing maybe that his claims of like equality among the sexes might not be as true as he thought.

Point is, women still have a long way to go in the US when it comes to politics. Just wait, Harris and AOC will be hounded for not having kids or other absolutely silly things that are never ever asked of a man.
How popular is the Queen?

So the vast majority of Democrats didn’t want Harris to be president and that’s fine but for republicans to not want her to be president or not like her the only possibility for that is racism and sexism.

Do you really not realize how stupid your post sounds.
That reminds me of when they said that the 50% of white people who voted for John McCain were all racists but none of the 99% who voted for Obama were.

Last edited:
LOL, who are you kidding, "conservatives" hate Oprah too, and basically anyone who doesn't kiss the ass of their orange dear leader.
Conservatives used to like Oprah until she started spewing her hatred of them.

That reminds me of when they said that the 50% of white people who voted for John McCain were all racists but none of the 99% who voted for Obama were.
Meant to say 99% of blacks who voted for Obama were.
Too late to edit.

Her race and her sex is certainly of no help to her, but her main problem seems to be her general unlikability. While she is reviled by the political right for being a left-wing California Democrat and by the far-left for not being progressive enough, when one actually looks at the positions that she has held, and the policies she implemented, they are well within the mainstream of political discourse or generally popular. However, people do not like her as a person. Whether one is talking about her laugh, her romantic relationship with her political superior, her apparent self-pity as the victim of racism, lying about listening to Snoop Dog while smoking marijuana while prosecuting black people for possession, etc. she is either viscerally reviled or inspires no confidence or even warmth whatsoever. Now does some of it have to do with her race? Probably. Does some of this criticism become amplified because she is a woman? Absolutely. A woman has to work twice as hard, be twice as tough and be above reproach in order to be considered the equal of a man in politics. And even then people will complain that she is a "stone cold b*tch." Sexism, racism and misogyny are forces within American politics, but that is where we are. She does herself no favors for botching the things that are well within her control.
That’s a lot of acknowledgment of misogyny, racism and partisanship to then so casually say that she’s unlikeable.

How popular is the Queen?
Untouchable, as is the Crown Prince. Even the anti-royalists on the far left and right, know that pushing a republic is DOA. But remember, she is only a figurehead.

Like most vice presidents in this era, Garner had little to do and little influence on the president's policies. He famously described the vice presidency as being "not worth a bucket of warm piss" (for many years, this quote was bowdlerized as "warm spit".)

Quote by John Nance Garner, FDR’s first VP

The funny thing is, the original idea as I understand it, was that the VP would be the losing candidate at the presidential elections. Good thing that this idea is not being followed anymore...

I dunno about anyone else, but I don't like her one bit personally and I agree with some of the criticisms against her. Our leadership shouldn't be a popularity contest, and I've tried to warm up to her. I agree with many of her positions, but all in all, she has not impressed me.

I'm a woman, and pretty sensitive to misogyny. It has nothing to do with her race, either--I didn't realize she was "black" until it was pointed out a couple bazillion times. It's not that. I've defended her against the sniping over her affair with Willie Brown and that stupid claim she's related to a slave owner.

I made an effort to like her, but I failed. It seems to me that while she's certainly not stupid, she's a shrewd politician very fixed on the cameras, who will say what wins her votes. As a moderate Independent, some of her positions are too progressive for me, and all in all, I keep my fingers crossed that Joe stays well.

I don't think that she is particularly shrewd at all.

She has always used talking points and stuck to the script.

She came off as arrogant and condescending during some of the hearings............ while reading "pre canned" questions.

And, her cackling is right on par with Billary's.

I don't think that she is particularly shrewd at all.

She has always used talking points and stuck to the script.

She came off as arrogant and condescending during some of the hearings............ while reading "pre canned" questions.

And, her cackling is right on par with Billary's.
I think Rawley put his finger on it--'contrived.'

There. Final lib bashing for the day. The guilt makes me break out in hives.

And yet Oprah makes billions. Maybe it's not the BLACKNESS, it's the total repulsiveness.

Lots of black people make millions and billions.

Maybe there are people left alive in this country who don't like blacks and don't like women. I'll bet you see them at the Trump Fan Club meetings.

So the vast majority of Democrats didn’t want Harris to be president and that’s fine but for republicans to not want her to be president or not like her the only possibility for that is racism and sexism.

Do you really not realize how stupid your post sounds.
:rolleyes:....speaking of "stupid"...

Is that really what I said? Did I say that the "only possibility" for gopers' not liking her is racism and sexism?

Or, is that what YOU just said?

On the other hand, perhaps.....weren't my remarks targeted specifically at the arguments presented by @Felis Leo at the beginning of this thread? Go back and read his post (#2) (i.e. "...her laugh, her romantic relationship with her political superior, her apparent self-pity as the victim of racism, lying about listening to Snoop Dog while smoking marijuana while prosecuting black people for possession, etc. she is either viscerally reviled or inspires no confidence or even warmth whatsoever)....and then read the rest of my conversation with him.

That's a list of retread smears and lies of the far-right/white-grievance crowd. THOSE are all about race and gender bias, not substance.

Do you think lying about my remarks is a winning tactic?

Would you care to try again? This time, take some advice: If you want to talk about something I've said, do yourself a favor. Quote me, don't try to paraphrase me. You're not very good at it.

I dunno about anyone else, but I don't like her one bit personally and I agree with some of the criticisms against her.
I am highlighting the above, to the exclusion of the rest of your remarks, simply because I have absolutely no problem with everything else you said or your opinions. And I certainly have no interest in changing your mind.

The issue is with respect to the specific reasons offered for disliking Harris.....all of which were long-ago discredited memes and tropes that were (and still remain) popular on far-right/white-grievance social media sources. She didn't have an "affair" with Willie Brown (he had been legally separated from over 10 years at the time). She was never Brown's employee or professional mentee. She's never suggested any "self-pity" about her racial background, or about the racism she has faced. She never claimed (or lied about) smoking with Snoop. etc. etc.

Those who subscribe to any of those false "criticisms" of VP Harris are either misguided, or bigoted. Or both.

If that doesn't describe you, then I wasn't referring to you.

Our leadership shouldn't be a popularity contest
Really? I agree with you, but....since when? When was the last time the single-most qualified candidate (i.e. the candidate with the best resume'), regardless of party, was elected POTUS. (Answer: G. H. W. Bush). But just look at the previous 4+ decades: Nixon v. McGovern?....Ford v Carter?....Reagan v Carter?....Bill Clinton v. HW Bush?....B Clinton v Dole?.....W. Bush v Gore?.....W vs Kerry?.....Obama v McCain?.....Trump v Hillary?....etc. etc.

Presidential elections are almost always a popularity contest in this country.

Heck, for the first time in HISTORY, the GOP didn't even bother to create and platform in 2020. And yet, in 2016, people voted for Trump over Clinton precisely because they liked him more than her. No one could reasonably argue that Trump was the more experienced or qualified candidate. He won because he succeeded in making Hillary less popular (i.e. more "hated") than him.

That's what the whole "would I like to have a beer with the guy" question that pundits and voters often ask themselves is all about. It's how we elected George W. Bush over Al Gore in 2000., as well.

I am highlighting the above, to the exclusion of the rest of your remarks, simply because I have absolutely no problem with everything else you said or your opinions. And I certainly have no interest in changing your mind.

The issue is with respect to the specific reasons offered for disliking Harris.....all of which were long-ago discredited memes and tropes that were (and still remain) popular on far-right/white-grievance social media sources. She didn't have an "affair" with Willie Brown (he had been legally separated from over 10 years at the time). She was never Brown's employee or professional mentee. She's never suggested any "self-pity" about her racial background, or about the racism she has faced. She never claimed (or lied about) smoking with Snoop. etc. etc.

Those who subscribe to any of those false "criticisms" of VP Harris are either misguided, or bigoted. Or both.

Really? I agree with you, but....since when? When was the last time the single-most qualified candidate (i.e. the candidate with the best resume'), regardless of party, was elected POTUS. (Answer: G. H. W. Bush). But just look at the previous 4+ decades: Nixon v. McGovern?....Ford v Carter?....Reagan v Carter?....Bill Clinton v. HW Bush?....B Clinton v Dole?.....W. Bush v Gore?.....W vs Kerry?.....Obama v McCain?.....Trump v Hillary?....etc. etc.

Heck, for the first time in HISTORY, the GOP didn't even bother to create and platform in 2020. And yet, in 2016, people voted for Trump over Clinton precisely because they liked him more than her. No one could reasonably argue that Trump was the more experienced or qualified candidate. He won because he succeeded in making Hillary less popular (i.e. more "hated") than him.

That's what the whole "would I like to have a beer with the guy" question that pundits and voters often ask themselves is all about. It's how we elected George W. Bush over Al Gore in 2000., as well.
Kamala is fortunate to have such a loyal heart defending her. I was thinking that in your earlier responses.

Kamala is fortunate to have such a loyal heart defending her. I was thinking that in your earlier responses.
For the record, I was not a Harris supporter during the 2020 primary season. I thought she was consistently less impressive in public and debate performances than several of her challengers.

Biden.
Buttigieg
Warren
Castro
Bullock
Booker
Sanders

All outperformed her on substance, imo.

But again, I think she looked like what she was: the most inexperienced serious candidate in an unusually strong 2020 Democratic field. Nothing that a little more experience (on the national stage) couldn't resolve.

Of course she has a horrible rating. California where she was AG for years didn't even support her in the primaries. How can she be less admired than Her Thighness Hillary Clinton? That's and achievement in itself

------------------------------

America just doesn’t have a good “feeling” about Vice President Kamala Harris.

Provided by Washington Examiner
Going back 28 years in NBC polling, no other new vice president has been welcomed so coldly by Americans as the Democrat and first woman in the job.

In the latest survey, pollster Bill McInturff pointed out her low positive rating, at 37%, and tweeted this morning, “VP Harris has lowest feeling thermometer of any first year VP going back to Gore in 1993 with an unprecedented ‘very negative’ rating on @NBCNews survey tracking.”

The survey put her positive rating below former Vice Presidents Gore, Cheney, Biden and Pence.

Not much of a poll the unreliable right wing Washington Examiner cites;
DA67C93D-194D-484A-911A-391DC6FAF602.jpeg
Survey results from Politico/Morning Consult released on Wednesday showed that just 45 percent of respondents held a favorable view of the vice president's performance. Meanwhile, 47 percent had an unfavorable view and 5 percent said they had no opinion. The survey had a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percent and was conducted from July 16 to 18.

That polling aligned fairly closely with a separate survey conducted by The Economist/YouGov from July 10 to 13. In that poll, 44 percent of voters said they viewed Harris somewhat or very favorably. But nearly half (48 percent) said they had a very or somewhat unfavorable view of the vice president. The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percent.

Harris' approval rating is close to how voters viewed former Vice President Mike Pence after his first six months under former President Donald Trump.

A tracking poll conducted by YouGov America found that Pence's favorability rating stood at 42.5 percent at the end of July 2017. Comparatively, his unfavorability rating stood slightly higher at 44.8 percent. Separate polling by Gallup from around the same time showed 42 percent of voters viewed Pence unfavorably, while 42 percent viewed him favorably.

And just for giggles, Trump at six months;
7370B781-9860-4E22-906F-A0681B799EF0.jpeg
Yep, Harris isn’t very popular, but it could be worse. 😁

In Hillary vs Trump, the only reason why Trump won was because Democrats didn't vote for Clinton in the same numbers they voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Trump actually performed "better" in 2020, but lost to Biden because they voted who stood home in 2016 or voted third party mostly all voted for Biden.

Washington Examiner is a reliable source of misinformation as is the NY Post.

Harris is not the president so how can she be popular or unpopular? She was chosen
as a reliable replacement for Joe Biden.

Conservatives are hard up for something interesting to do so they waste their time posting
from unreliable sources.

She is unlikely to become president in the next election.
LOL No

She will never be elected President, but she may take over before the next election, which is probably the plan.

This Willie Brown "chicken neck" laughing bobblehead is even more of an embarrassment than Biden is.

LOL No

She will never be elected President, but she may take over before the next election, which is probably the plan.

This Willie Brown "chicken neck" laughing bobblehead is even more of an embarrassment than Biden is.
I am curious about the emotional appeal of this particular conspiracy theory. Does it make you feel good to hate on her so much? Does it make you feel powerful somehow?

LOL No

So.....other than effectively identifying you as white, male, conservative and a conspiracy theorist......there is not much of substance in your remarks about which to comment.

I can only guess it makes white dudes like you feel more powerful to express your grievances in this manner.

Regardless, it just makes you all seem to be rather ignorant to the majority of us who reside BEYOND the confines of White-grievance ideology.

And she looked spectacular in that all white suit.

Let's face it, Harris was a mistake. She was the woke candidate, but it is now going to cost the democrats plenty. They are stuck with a weak pres and weak vice-pres. I expect the midterms are going to be ugly for the democrats next year, and rightfully so.

What gets me is that they had the winning candidate, and let her go. Tulsi for the win...

Back
Top Bottom