• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris doesn’t help

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I hate to say it, but I suspect that Trump is on his way to another victory. Biden simply made a mistake is selecting Kamala Harris. She doesn’t add anything to the ticket and is as dull as dishwater. She doesn’t generate any excitement when she speaks, its mostly just the standard political pablum. She just doesn’t seem to have any real personality, a black woman version of the hyper-dull Tim Kaine. She is certainly no Barack Obama, who could produce enthusiasm in a crowd. She doesn’t help in the electoral college since California would already have gone for Biden. Even blacks don’t have that much enthusiasm for her, so she won’t help that much since they would already have voted for Biden. She’s not a “progressive, so that doesn’t help to get out that vote. She just seems like someone who is doing what she thinks she should be doing instead of having actual core beliefs to rely on.
A much better selection would have been either Tammy Duckworth or Stacey Abrams, in that both seem like “real” people, not cardboard cutouts, who could have generated excitement.
Oh well, too late. Get used to Trump.

I hate to say it, but I suspect that Trump is on his way to another victory. Biden simply made a mistake is selecting Kamala Harris. She doesn’t add anything to the ticket and is as dull as dishwater. She doesn’t generate any excitement when she speaks, its mostly just the standard political pablum. She just doesn’t seem to have any real personality, a black woman version of the hyper-dull Tim Kaine. She is certainly no Barack Obama, who could produce enthusiasm in a crowd. She doesn’t help in the electoral college since California would already have gone for Biden. Even blacks don’t have that much enthusiasm for her, so she won’t help that much since they would already have voted for Biden. She’s not a “progressive, so that doesn’t help to get out that vote. She just seems like someone who is doing what she thinks she should be doing instead of having actual core beliefs to rely on.
A much better selection would have been either Tammy Duckworth or Stacey Abrams, in that both seem like “real” people, not cardboard cutouts, who could have generated excitement.

No you lost when you selected Joe Biden.

It's too late to ask John McCain how much the exciting but dumb Sarah Palin helped a ticket? Biden will be the president, Harris will be a VP who understands policy issues, and will be very supportive. You think Mike Pence turns the world on fire?

1. Vice presidents don't matter except in very rare occasions. Like how Pence helps with evangelicals.

2. Harris helps in one state. Florida. Florida has a large West Indies population and she's part of that.

3. No republican has ever won without winning Florida. No republican.

Where are you getting your data that Harris has flopped this badly with the public?

I have a pretty good feeling that I’m not going to get a straight answer.

Yes really. I hope you do not have a good day!

this is the typical response i expect from a leftist.
i feel so sad for you guys.

Always so hateful. you guys are the party of hate no doubt about it.

It's too late to ask John McCain how much the exciting but dumb Sarah Palin helped a ticket? Biden will be the president, Harris will be a VP who understands policy issues, and will be very supportive. You think Mike Pence turns the world on fire?

If Palin hadn't been on the ticket, McCain would have lost worse than McGovern. When McCain raced back to Washington DC to endorse Obama's gift of hundreds of billions to big banks - so they could give themselves mega bonuses and buy up smaller banks, McCain's name was "MUD" to Republicans. Palin was the only thing he had going for him. It was only after the election we learned that McCain was a pure bitter leftwing Democrat. Next, we learned this about Romney.

Trump was the first Republican to run for president who wasn't really a Democrat for quite a long time.

this is the typical response i expect from a leftist.
i feel so sad for you guys.

Always so hateful. you guys are the party of hate no doubt about it.

Every single post you make on this forum is jam packed full and overflowing with hatred for democrats, so spare us the self victimization and water-works.

If Palin hadn't been on the ticket, McCain would have lost worse than McGovern. When McCain raced back to Washington DC to endorse Obama's gift of hundreds of billions to big banks - so they could give themselves mega bonuses and buy up smaller banks, McCain's name was "MUD" to Republicans. Palin was the only thing he had going for him. It was only after the election we learned that McCain was a pure bitter leftwing Democrat. Next, we learned this about Romney.

Trump was the first Republican to run for president who wasn't really a Democrat for quite a long time.

What makes Right wingers like dumb agitators like Palin and Trump? Seems to make them tingly.

I’m not sure what you mean by “wasn’t a Democrat”. Please expand.

It's supposed 'Liberals' like you that cost the 2016 election.

I wouldn't want you in my foxhole. You're a defeatist.

Kamala Harris has a -11 score and a Saturn Return in their third year like GWB, Biden made the poorest choice guided by the dictates of Astrology to mimic GWB.

The +6 Gretchen Whitmer was the right choice.

His campaign won't even listen to me or write me back, so how will "Biden be Better," I might just as well stick to "Trump for the (first) Tribulation (2020-2026)."

Every single post you make on this forum is jam packed full and overflowing with hatred for democrats, so spare us the self victimization and water-works.

There is a difference between democrats and leftist.

I respect democrats. They make valid arguments that are logical and actually contain facts and information.
I do not respect leftist. I suggest that you actually learn the difference.

Leftist cannot be reasoned with never say anything that is rational or logical.
They simply spew their slop all over the place and then expect everyone else to conform to their feelings.

Unfortunately most of the democrats on here that i held respect for went the way of the dodo bird when trump was elected.
Now they are just raving crazy nonsense.

It has been a sad sight to behold.
Don't like it then stop being a leftist and we will get along great.

1. Vice presidents don't matter except in very rare occasions. Like how Pence helps with evangelicals.

2. Harris helps in one state. Florida. Florida has a large West Indies population and she's part of that.

3. No republican has ever won without winning Florida. No republican.

number 3 is wrong, trump and reagen could have lost it and won, i know what your trying to say but generally its wrong

I respect democrats. They make valid arguments that are logical and actually contain facts and information.

They simply spew their slop all over the place and then expect everyone else to conform to their feelings.

Unfortunately most of the democrats on here that i held respect for went the way of the dodo bird when trump was elected.

Ive never seen you make that distinction before and it doesn't excuse one of the most hateful people on this forum whining about how hateful people are. Be the change you want to see and lead from the front.

And

Don't like it then stop being a leftist and we will get along great.

Psychological projection.

It's supposed 'Liberals' like you that cost the 2016 election.

I wouldn't want you in my foxhole. You're a defeatist.

I voted for Hillary then and I’m going to vote for Biden now no matter what. It wasn’t me that cost Hillary the election, but Hillary herself. She picked a total dull dud for VP because she was afraid to pick someone who might outshine her. And she didn’t pay enough attention to the WWC males. Fact is, the Democrats still need some blue collar whites in order to win, and I expect Biden to pay attention to that.

I think the original poster is missing the point. Historically Vice Presidents do not really impact the electoral college. When people go to the ballot box, they are voting for the guy at the top of the ticket, not the bottom. They are voting based on how they feel about the current state of affairs or allegiance to a certain political party/cause.

There are really only two qualifications: Do no harm and pick a backup quarterback.

Kamala Harris has everything he wants out of a running mate:

- Woman
- Experience. Served in both the legislative branch and executive branch.
- Doesn't have any serious liabilities.
- Somebody who is much younger than him.
- Person of color.
- Somebody he feels would continue his agenda if he has to step down.

Back
Top Bottom