• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris compares ICE to KKK, gets slammed for 'disgusting,' 'horrifying' remarks

TrumpTrain

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Kamala Harris compares ICE to KKK, gets slammed for 'disgusting,' 'horrifying' remarks
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-under-fire-after-comparing-ice-to-kkk

California Democrat and likely 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris drew fury after comparing U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to the Ku Klux Klan during a hearing on Capitol Hill.

She asked Ronald Vitiello, President Trump's nominee to lead ICE, whether he shares what she said was the public’s view that ICE was spreading fear and mistrust, in particular among immigrant communities, the same way the KKK did.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-under-fire-after-comparing-ice-to-kkk

California Democrat and likely 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris drew fury after comparing U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to the Ku Klux Klan during a hearing on Capitol Hill.

She asked Ronald Vitiello, President Trump's nominee to lead ICE, whether he shares what she said was the public’s view that ICE was spreading fear and mistrust, in particular among immigrant communities, the same way the KKK did.

What a sick filthy disgusting lowlife, this Kamala Harris. But this will make great ad material for the GOP is she runs for president. NO law enforcement will ever support her.

Fox News should not be considered legit for Mainstream BN forum. It’s just Info Wars with a TV station.

Personally I would not compare ICE with the KKK. They are more like the Gestapo.

Fox News should not be considered legit for Mainstream BN forum. It’s just Info Wars with a TV station.

Personally I would not compare ICE with the KKK. They are more like the Gestapo.

How are they like the Gestapo? Be specific in your parallels.

Rounding people up and throwing them in camps...all that's missing are the cattle cars.

Rounding people up and throwing them in camps...all that's missing are the cattle cars.

I should've known your parallel would be that shallow and uneducated.

Are you really defending a TrumpTrain post?

Republican New Gingrich was pretty specific while on Fox and Friends:

“It ain’t the rule of law when they kick in your door at 3 in the morning,” Gingrich told Fox & Friends. “You’re faced with armed men and you have had no reason to be told you’re going to have that kind of treatment. That’s Stalin. That’s the Gestapo in Germany. That shouldn’t be the American FBI.”

Of course, being Republican, he also told lies to accompany it. Cohen's door wasn't kicked in, and Cohen said they were courteous and respectful.

So yeah when Kamala says this in contrast:

"Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels [with the KKK]?"

Is actually quite reasonable. Wouldn't you say Josie? I mean, she's asking about:
- the perception of it, not the actuality
- that many...admitting it's not shared by all, not trying to claim it's a fact
- attacks the power and discretion being USED implying specifically it's those who are USING them...not ICE Itself, who have some similarity to the KKk (Trump in catering to anti-immigrant hate in other words).
- and simply asks about parallels, not exact...not "is the KKK', not even "Is like the KKK", just parallels.

So no. Republicans compare our FBI to STalin and the Gestapo, directly, unequivocally.
Kamala in contrast, made a fairly benign, reasoned comment.

Why Josie, you've got to be better than TrumpTrain and Fox news, please.

I've heard Trump publicly support the KKK, saying some are "very fine people".

I've never heard him say that about ICE.

I wonder what Trump thinks?

Oh brother.

? I was responding to calamity's post.

Of course, being Republican, he also told lies to accompany it. Cohen's door wasn't kicked in, and Cohen said they were courteous and respectful.

Okay.........and Newt would be wrong too.

"Are you aware of the perception of many about how the power and the discretion at ICE is being used to enforce the laws and do you see any parallels [with the KKK]?"

Is actually quite reasonable. Wouldn't you say Josie? I mean, she's asking about:
- attacks the power and discretion being USED implying specifically it's those who are USING them...not ICE Itself, who have some similarity to the KKk (Trump in catering to anti-immigrant hate in other words).
- and simply asks about parallels, not exact...not "is the KKK', not even "Is like the KKK", just parallels.

"Is like the KKK" is a parallel. Just like calamity made here to the Gestapo.

So no. Republicans compare our FBI to STalin and the Gestapo, directly, unequivocally. Kamala in contrast, made a fairly benign, reasoned comment.

What's happening here is you're simply trying to justify what she said by saying "Well, Republicans do it too -- and worse!" I mean.... :roll:

Why, Mach. I don't care for Trump Train or Trump for that matter. I also never watch Fox News.

Try to respond to what people are actually saying instead of placing all of these preconceived notions you have on people who don't agree with you.

I should've known your parallel would be that shallow and uneducated.

I should have known you would hop on the Trump train. My example is apt. And, I do not care what you think. You've been very good at showing me why I should not.

So yeah when Kamala says this in contrast:

So no. Republicans compare our FBI to STalin and the Gestapo, directly, unequivocally.
Kamala in contrast, made a fairly benign, reasoned comment.

When a government agency like ICE runs around demanding from people to see their "Papers," and then locks up anyone who lacks said forms, it most definitely is Gestapo like.

When a government agency like ICE runs around demanding from people to see their "Papers," and then locks up anyone who lacks said forms, it most definitely is Gestapo like.

That shows a profound lack of understanding of either group.

I should have known you would hop on the Trump train. My example is apt. And, I do not care what you think. You've been very good at showing me why I should not.

I'm on no one's "train," calamity.

That shows a profound lack of understanding of either group.

I agree, you do lack the understanding of either group. This is not a surprise.

I'm on no one's "train," calamity.

It's not unusual for people to not see the forest when they are in the middle of trees. I wonder how many Germans said they were "on no one's train," even as trains hauled off thousands of Jews right in front of their noses.

It's not unusual for people to not see the forest when they are in the middle of trees. I wonder how many Germans said they were "on no one's train," even as trains hauled off thousands of Jews right in front of their noses.

Did you make these comparisons when Obama was doing it, calamity, or are you only worried about the "Jews" when the guy in the White House is a Republican?

Did you make these comparisons when Obama was doing it, calamity, or are you only worried about the "Jews" when the guy in the White House is a Republican?

Was Obama spewing hate, scapegoating a caravan of migrants before reelection, to the point that one of his believers shot up a synagogue, leaving behind 11 fatalities in 30 seconds, because he believed Jews were helping them?

No.

But, there was a Right Wing nut who went into a black church to shoot up some "Negroes" when Obama was president. You are either on that train or trying to stop it, Josie.

Was Obama spewing hate, scapegoating a caravan of migrants before reelection, to the point that one of his believers shot up a synagogue, leaving behind 11 fatalities in 30 seconds, because he believed Jews were helping them?

No.

But, there was a Right Wing nut who went into a black church to shoot up some "Negroes" when Obama was president. You are either on that train or trying to stop it, Josie.

Oh, but calamity. Your answer to my question of how they were like the Gestapo was very simple and to the point. You said:

Therefore, when ICE is "rounding up and throwing people into camps," that Presidents administration is like the Gestapo.

I knew you'd have to backtrack that. :)

Oh, but calamity. Your answer to my question of how they were like the Gestapo was very simple and to the point. You said:

Therefore, when ICE is "rounding up and throwing people into camps," that Presidents administration is like the Gestapo.

I knew you'd have to backtrack that. :)

Comparing what Trump' SS er, HS is doing to what they did under Obama is disingenuous. You are aware of that. Right?

If not. You really do need to educate yourself.

Back
Top Bottom