• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris caught in word salad when asked if Democrats failed to codify Roe v Wade

Anthony60

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Kamala Harris caught in word salad when asked if Democrats failed to codify Roe v Wade

Vice President Kamala Harris was caught with another course of word salad, this time during an interview with CBS News.

Following the historic Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, CBS News correspondent Robert Costa asked Harris on Friday whether Democrats both in the White House and in Congress "failed" to codify the federal protection of abortions in the nearly 50 years since the precedent was established.

"I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled. Certain issues are just settled," Harris responded.

I would say that this is on a light note, but this woman is VPOTUS. She goes relatively unnoticed with Biden's daily screw ups ("end of quote, repeat the line"). She is an absolute clown show. She can't claim old age for losing her marbles. These two have been in politics for decades, and can't put together a few sentences. Well, in Harris's case, she put's together way too many words, when a few will suffice. She just can't find them in her duck brain.

She is a verbal genius compared to Trump!!! Seriously though I recall her speaking, questioning at hearings etc when she was A Senator and she was much more forceful and articulate. I think she is stifled by her position and she just doesn't do well when trying to say the "right" thing.

I very much wanted her to be appointed AG and was shocked when he picked her for VP. I'll go to my grave head-scratching that one!

Vice President Kamala Harris was caught with another course of word salad, this time during an interview with CBS News.

Following the historic Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, CBS News correspondent Robert Costa asked Harris on Friday whether Democrats both in the White House and in Congress "failed" to codify the federal protection of abortions in the nearly 50 years since the precedent was established.

"I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled. Certain issues are just settled," Harris responded.

I would say that this is on a light note, but this woman is VPOTUS. She goes relatively unnoticed with Biden's daily screw ups ("end of quote, repeat the line"). She is an absolute clown show. She can't claim old age for losing her marbles. These two have been in politics for decades, and can't put together a few sentences. Well, in Harris's case, she put's together way too many words, when a few will suffice. She just can't find them in her duck brain.
not a fan of comma la, but anyone who cannot understand her reply is an idiot
it was settled law. members of the supreme court, conservative members, told the congress that was the reality during their confirmation hearings
why does the government need to revamp that which is settled law?
so, OP, when you come across those idiots who were unable to comprehend the obvious, now you should be able to explain it to them

it was settled law. members of the supreme court, conservative members, told the congress that was the reality during their confirmation hearings
so, OP, when you come across those idiots who were unable to comprehend the obvious, now you should be able to explain it to them

The fact that they felt a need to ask made it obvious that they had (serious?) doubts about the SCOTUS’s ability to make law via RvW.

SCOTUS decisions belong to the Republicans now.

SCOTUS decisions belong to the Republicans now.
And this may be REALLY bad for the GOP. In New Mexico, pro-choicers saw the writing on the wall when Trump stocked the court with Catholics. NM had a "zombie" abortion statute on the books, which they realized they needed to get rid of. Conservative Dems were not pro-choice, so they replaced them in 2020, and got the zombie law repealed in 2021, keeping us a 9 month abortion state. Unfortunately, the new pro-choicers tended to also be big spending Greenie wackos and we are stuck with that for the forseeable future.

Don't underestimate the power of pissed off women!

The majority of Americans are shocked about this. We all thought it was secure, not based on constitution, but based on Americans firmly believing in women's rights, choice, and access to reproductive care.

Should we have known? I don't think so. Do we now? Sure as shit do, and we know who to worry about when it comes to our freedoms.

I've been seeing a lot of military who are active, questioning if they even want to put their uniforms on when their country is resembling the countries they're at conflict with. They think their country has lied to them. A lot of retired military are burning their uniforms on social media, and vowing to help at home restore women's rights. The female personnel, are besides themselves.

This has rocked our foundation, and if Republicans don't recognize the damage this is done, they're about to find out.

With respect:

Democrats did fail to codify Roe.

Oh no a woman fumbled and said something weird this is an outrage

I just can't explain it the way Harris does.

She is a verbal genius compared to Trump!!! Seriously though I recall her speaking, questioning at hearings etc when she was A Senator and she was much more forceful and articulate. I think she is stifled by her position and she just doesn't do well when trying to say the "right" thing.

I very much wanted her to be appointed AG and was shocked when he picked her for VP. I'll go to my grave head-scratching that one!
That's one of the weird things about it, a few short years ago, she wasn't like this. Now, she is a babbling fool.

I think that when she was in Congress, she was able to prepare for the subject and knew what she wanted to say. As VP, she is terrible on her feet and is not prepared, and does not think very quickly at all.

Oh, and never use the word "genius" in a sentence with her. Trump rarely used a teleprompter, he was very good at your basic speaking, unlike these two.

Times that by 100 and she's the VP.
Nobody cares about trivial crap like that. Women have been stripped of their choice, and children are being made to flee their states after being raped to seek help. The sickness of this all dwarfs the stupid little picky word salad comments. Get it now?

Like Jan 6th, Republicans fail to see the magnitude of the situation.

I think she convinced herself while in CA that she was bullet proof and could get away with saying almost anything and not get criticized IN CA!
And now, on the big stage, she is too arrogant to take the time to bone up on issues; come up with something intelligent to say; and deliver it in a decisive manner instead of making it seem she never thought about it in the first place.
Biden can't help his cognitive disability but Harris is her own worst enemy and she does not seem to care.
No wonder people are quitting her office. She makes them look bad.

Nobody cares about trivial crap like that. Women have been stripped of their choice, and children are being made to flee their states after being raped to seek help. The sickness of this all dwarfs the stupid little picky word salad comments. Get it now?

Always fun to see someone defend the indefensible.
"She's a woman and she is VP so she deserves respect - not ridicule!!"

She is digging a deeper and deeper hole and she can't seem to get out of it.
Is it her or her advisors that keep showing she is turning into a running joke?

Always fun to see someone defend the indefensible.
"She's a woman and she is VP so she deserves respect - not ridicule!!"

She is digging a deeper and deeper hole and she can't seem to get out of it.
Is it her or her advisors that keep showing she is turning into a running joke?
Nobody cares. Most of the world cares about our rights being trampled by your party, they are protesting for us all over Europe and Scandinavia, they do not care how eloquently our VP gave a speech. She's shocked like the rest of us.

Again, your failure to see the REAL problem is what stands out.

The days of rousing your opponents demeanor are long gone.

And this may be REALLY bad for the GOP. In New Mexico, pro-choicers saw the writing on the wall when Trump stocked the court with Catholics. NM had a "zombie" abortion statute on the books, which they realized they needed to get rid of. Conservative Dems were not pro-choice, so they replaced them in 2020, and got the zombie law repealed in 2021, keeping us a 9 month abortion state. Unfortunately, the new pro-choicers tended to also be big spending Greenie wackos and we are stuck with that for the forseeable future.

Don't underestimate the power of pissed off women!

With respect:

"Greenie wackos"? What's your position on environmental issues?

She's the VP, represents our country, and is unable to answer questions. The world laughs at us, when we have leaders that can't even speak and give coherent answers.

This thread is proof positive that Trumpers have no shame.

Are these really the people to complain about word salad?

I think she convinced herself while in CA that she was bullet proof and could get away with saying almost anything and not get criticized IN CA!
And now, on the big stage, she is too arrogant to take the time to bone up on issues; come up with something intelligent to say; and deliver it in a decisive manner instead of making it seem she never thought about it in the first place.
Biden can't help his cognitive disability but Harris is her own worst enemy and she does not seem to care.
No wonder people are quitting her office. She makes them look bad.
That's the thing, she doesn't care. It happens time after time. Seems like she doesn't take the job seriously, and is fine with being unprepared for questions. Otherwise, she should get her ass in gear and become knowledgeable enough to give coherent answers on topics she is already supposed to know about. Seems a bit lazy.

Again, your failure to see the REAL problem is what stands out.
Tell me what the real problem is.
The SCOTUS told the country it is up to each state to decide on the abortion issue.
That is called enabling states' rights. How much more democratic can you get?

If Congress wants to codify abortion throughout the country then let them work at achieving that.

Back
Top Bottom