• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirono are religious bigots

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Before the reader jumps in, let me just say that I personally am pro-life, but am pro-choice when it comes to my government stance because I realize not every citizen must believe as I do. Also, I love the first amendment...

That's what makes Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirona's stance so absurdly radical, bigoted and unconstitutional. Let's see if you agree or disagree and why.Should a prospective judicial candidate be compelled to end his membership in a club/organization/church they belong to?
In this particular case, The Knights of Columbus? What will radicals like Harris and Hirono demand next? Prospective judicial candidates not attend services at their church of choice? Comments?

There are a disturbing number of Democrat lawmakers who believe Christians must renounce their religious beliefs and affiliations in religious-based organizations if they want to hold public office.

The latest victim of this blatant religious bigotry is Brian Buescher, President Trump’s nominee for the U.S. District Court in Nebraska.

Buescher came under attack by Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, for his membership in the Knights of Columbus, a revered and highly-respected Catholic charitable organization.

Both lawmakers posed a series of written questions demanding to know if he would end his membership in the Knights of Columbus should he be confirmed.

“The Knights of Columbus has taken a number of extreme positions,” Hirono wrote in the questionnaire. “For example, it was reportedly one of the top contributors to California’s Proposition 8 campaign to ban same-sex marriage.”

“We must call this out for what it is – religious bigotry."

— Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii
Harris referred to the group as an “all-male society” and took issue with their positions on abortion and other culture war issues.

“Were you aware that the Knights of Columbus opposed a woman’s right to choose when you joined the organization?” Harris queried.

The condemnation from conservatives was swift.

“This isn’t just about the Knights of Columbus or Catholics, this is an ongoing attack from the extremist left of the Democratic Party to silence people of faith and run them out of engaging in public service based on their religious beliefs,” Penny Nance, the president of Concerned Women for America, wrote in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/todd-starnes-yes-kamala-harris-and-mazie-hirono-are-religious-bigots

Last edited:
This was naked Catholic bashing, full stop. A Pakistani-American (not really even sure about that last part) woman gets into office and puts a post-it memo pointed at Israel and labels it Palestine, openly supports BDS and dog whistles about dual allegiances, but Catholics can't escape "dogma" within him.

Before the reader jumps in, let me just say that I personally am pro-life, but am pro-choice when it comes to my government stance because I realize not every citizen must believe as I do. Also, I love the first amendment...

That's what makes Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirona's stance so absurdly radical, bigoted and unconstitutional. Let's see if you agree or disagree and why.Should a prospective judicial candidate be compelled to end his membership in a club/organization/church they belong to?
In this particular case, The Knights of Columbus? What will radicals like Harris and Hirono demand next? Prospective judicial candidates not attend services at their church of choice? Comments?

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/todd-starnes-yes-kamala-harris-and-mazie-hirono-are-religious-bigots

Identity politics eating its own. No KoC, then no Masons, no Shriners, no one who joins a church associated charity organization.

Typical west coast bigots.

Wow, this is the second post in a row of yours that really strikes home (Biden was first).

And your first pragraph is dead nuts on with my take on abortion rights. Though rather than being "pro-life" in the public arena, I'd be more accurately described as "agnostic". I'm not necessarily pro-life, as much as "pro-Constitution". If the right is there, I respect the rights of those to exercise their right, regardless if I agree with it personally.

But as a Catholic, this line of attack has really flipped me. I thought this all got resolved with JFK? Now we're revisiting it? I surely hope not! And for Chrissakes. Knights of Columbus? Geez, it's not like Buescher was head of a pro-life organization or some-such.

I saw this issue on Fox earlier, and would like to see some other sources before I make a final decision here. But this Catholic sure isn't happy.

Should a prospective judicial candidate be compelled to end his membership in a club/organization/church they belong to?

Not only no...but HELL NO. These kinds of questions should not even be being asked. Neither of those two will ever receive a vote from me. And if what the article says is true of Sanders then I regret my willingness to vote for him in 2016 also. It goes against the very fabric of American freedoms to believe that someone should not get a job just because of their religion or that they should renounce their religion in order to get the job. I would condemn such people that did such no matter what religion they are talking about.

Not only no...but HELL NO. These kinds of questions should not even be being asked. Neither of those two will ever receive a vote from me. And if what the article says is true of Sanders then I regret my willingness to vote for him in 2016 also. It goes against the very fabric of American freedoms to believe that someone should not get a job just because of their religion or that they should renounce their religion in order to get the job. I would condemn such people that did such no matter what religion they are talking about.

It’s obvious the democrats have not learned a lesson about how they mistreated Kavenaugh, and by their actions have indicated that the politics of personal destruction is a tool they are willing to use to get power by any means possible.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! FOX NEWS OPINION!!!!! I SKIPPED TO THE BOTTOM AND SAW THAT.

Whew, time saved!!!

Yep, if it's in the Faux News opinion page. What could go wrong?

Oh, come on now....no need to be like that; you simply have to understand that Maize Hirono has a hard time relating to the little people because of how smart she is and how much knowledge she has.

Oh, come on now....no need to be like that; you simply have to understand that Maize Hirono has a hard time relating to the little people because of how smart she is and how much knowledge she has.

Great to see the Fear in trump's base ...The Next Blue Wave is coming.....We will defeat you

Great to see the Fear in trump's base ...The Next Blue Wave is coming.....We will defeat you

If I was a trump supporter I might be concerned.

What Kamala Harris is suggesting is that membership in a 2-million-strong, 136-year-old Catholic social organization disqualifies an individual from the federal bench. She was joined in this line of questioning by Senator Mazie Hirono of Hawaii. The even worse news is that plenty of Senate Democrats agree with them. They’ve adopted a strategy of interrogating President Trump’s judicial nominees about Catholic beliefs and associations. It began in September 2017 when Dianne Feinstein told Amy Coney Barrett, now confirmed to the Seventh Circuit, “The dogma lives loudly within you, and that’s a concern.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kamala-harris-outrageous-assault-knights-103024721.html

Democrats aren't even trying to mask their outright bigotry towards Christians. Tlaib, a Palestinian-American (who identifies strongly as the former) who wrapped herself in the Palestinian flag upon winning her election, says she's so glad she's Palestinian, put a post-it note over Israel on her office map and wrote "Palestine" with an arrow pointing, supports BDS and bandies about "dual loyalty", but it's Christian Americans who can't apply the Constitution and law. Right?
The Left's war on Western religion is escalating and their Godless ways are necessary to demolish our culture.

Psst. The Hispanic vote you are counting on are largely Catholics. how funny would it be if they all swing to the right due to Christian bigotry of the secular left. If you were smart, youd put these bigots in a box.

No, Mesdames Harris and Hirono are not necessarily "bigots."

They are simply two unqualified individuals who should not be Senators.

Shame on the voters who elected them.

Wow, this is the second post in a row of yours that really strikes home (Biden was first).

And your first pragraph is dead nuts on with my take on abortion rights. Though rather than being "pro-life" in the public arena, I'd be more accurately described as "agnostic". I'm not necessarily pro-life, as much as "pro-Constitution". If the right is there, I respect the rights of those to exercise their right, regardless if I agree with it personally.

But as a Catholic, this line of attack has really flipped me. I thought this all got resolved with JFK? Now we're revisiting it? I surely hope not! And for Chrissakes. Knights of Columbus? Geez, it's not like Buescher was head of a pro-life organization or some-such.

I saw this issue on Fox earlier, and would like to see some other sources before I make a final decision here. But this Catholic sure isn't happy.

I think one of the first things I mentioned when I joined this forum is what I believe the Democrats need to do to win again...go toward the center.
Going too far toward the left is like the Republicans going too far to the right. Think about it...
Precisely, why we ended up with a populist as president. It's not the only reason of course, but voters in general are pretty damn fed up with the extremists who have hijacked both parties.

What Kamala Harris is suggesting is that membership in a 2-million-strong, 136-year-old Catholic social organization disqualifies an individual from the federal bench. She was joined in this line of questioning by Senator Mazie Hirono of Hawaii. The even worse news is that plenty of Senate Democrats agree with them. They’ve adopted a strategy of interrogating President Trump’s judicial nominees about Catholic beliefs and associations. It began in September 2017 when Dianne Feinstein told Amy Coney Barrett, now confirmed to the Seventh Circuit, “The dogma lives loudly within you, and that’s a concern.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kamala-harris-outrageous-assault-knights-103024721.html

Democrats aren't even trying to mask their outright bigotry towards Christians. Tlaib, a Palestinian-American (who identifies strongly as the former) who wrapped herself in the Palestinian flag upon winning her election, says she's so glad she's Palestinian, put a post-it note over Israel on her office map and wrote "Palestine" with an arrow pointing, supports BDS and bandies about "dual loyalty", but it's Christian Americans who can't apply the Constitution and law. Right?
The Left's war on Western religion is escalating and their Godless ways are necessary to demolish our culture.

They will never get anywhere bashing religious rights/free association, so let's sit back and enjoy the extreme far left's **** show as they attempt to gain traction across mainstream America.

That's what makes Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirona's stance so absurdly radical, bigoted and unconstitutional. Let's see if you agree or disagree and why. Should a prospective judicial candidate be compelled to end his membership in a club/organization/church they belong to?

Not at all. I think it's an absurd comment for them to make. Unless there was reason to believe a person would allow their religious views to cloud their ability to interpret the law, it's a non-issue.

.... Kamala Harris and Mazie Hirona's stance so absurdly radical, bigoted and unconstitutional.
Radical? Maybe, but radical isn’t was what it was before Trump. Neither is truth and reality. Bigotry isn’t demonstrated in their words, unless it bigotry against those who say their way is the way. Unconstitutional? How so? Please explain.

From your reference-
“There are a disturbing number of Democrat lawmakers who believe Christians must renounce their religious beliefs ..... “
BS. No Democrat has said anyone has to renounce their beliefs.

Roman Catholics have been the largest religious group in the USA for at least a century, yet it took a special talent like JFK to be the first Catholic President. Look what they did to him! The only non-WASP (if you believe Trump)

They will never get anywhere bashing religious rights/free association, so let's sit back and enjoy the extreme far left's **** show as they attempt to gain traction across mainstream America.

They are doing their level best to make America Godless and undermine its Judeo-Christian roots.

Back
Top Bottom