• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris’ national security adviser is latest VP staffer to resign

dcsports

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Nancy McEldowney, who has worked for Harris since she took office, will be replaced by her deputy Philip Gordon, said an internal memo obtained by Reuters on Monday.

McEldowney reportedly said in the memo that she was stepping down to “focus on some pressing personal matters.” “This was a difficult decision because I am so deeply committed to the work we do and the crucial national interest we serve,” she wrote. “But after more than a year, this is the right decision for my family.” It wasn’t immediately clear when McEldowney’s resignation would take effect, though she said she wasn’t “rushing out the door.” A senior administration official told Reuters her last day hasn’t yet been confirmed.

McEldowney, a former ambassador to Bulgaria and onetime director of the State Department’s Foreign Service Institute, had advised both Harris and President Biden on a range of global issues — including the withdrawal from Afghanistan, negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Another Harris staffer runs for the door.

Given the how badly the three topic areas mentioned have gone, this may be a very good change.

Given the source is New York Post, this is obviously fake news.

Given the how badly the three topic areas mentioned have gone, this may be a very good change.

I heard that Vice President Harris once laughed. Can you confirm if that is true?
Because if she DID indeed laugh.....that would be a pretty big scandal. Very unprofessional.

Maybe Harris could get some advice from Donald "highest turnover" Trump on how to hire the best people.
Harris is doing a stellar job all on her own, even driving away good, talented people with an obsequious media.

Maybe Harris could get some advice from Donald "highest turnover" Trump on how to hire the best people.
It's a fair comparison. Trump was such a poor leader he couldn't hold on to his staff. We're seeing the same flaw in Harris, and that should be a concern.

Managing to make Biden look not as bad in compare?
I was going to say that she's been able to single-handedly keep the 25th Amendment option on the shelf.

Okay? I know this is a first. Nobody ever in the history of Administrations has resigned.
Yes, let's all pretend that attrition on Harris's staff is at normal levels and this isn't a sign she hasn't the slightest idea how to lead an organization.

So rather than just using the partisan hack job of the NY Post, which is own by Rupert Murdoch,, and is highly disrespected by any rational person, and you show me the rate of turn over in Kamala Harris's office, and compare it to other administrations?

So rather than just using the partisan hack job of the NY Post, which is own by Rupert Murdoch,, and is highly disrespected by any rational person, and you show me the rate of turn over in Kamala Harris's office, and compare it to other administrations?
Yes, let's blame The Post. Harris is doing just fine. Really. Honest. We mean it ...

Yes, let's blame The Post. Harris is doing just fine. Really. Honest. We mean it ...
You don't seem to be able to read things right. Pointing out that the post is not a reliable source of information is different than blaming it.

Can you show the rate of turnover in Kamala Harris's office verses previous administrations?

While I understand the desire to poke a little fun at Kamala, perhaps we should all get serious for a moment and consider the significance of the passage of time.

While I understand the desire to poke a little fun at Kamala, perhaps we should all get serious for a moment and consider the significance of the passage of time.

Seems like that video captured a moment in time when the VP was getting in touch with her inner AOC.

Back
Top Bottom