• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris’ national security adviser is latest VP staffer to resign

Trump will always be part of the topic. You don't think we're going to let you off the hook over that ridiculous spray-tanned idiot, do you?
Let "me" off the hook? I'm not responsible for him.

Trump isn't a part of this topic. You are avoiding this topic. Why?

Okay, so share Mike Pence's numbers with us.

You can't talk about staff leaving unless you want to discuss previous results. In all administrations. Starting with the last one. Show us how her numbers are high or out of the ordinary. They aren't, you know.

Nobody cares about her laughing except idiots. I believe the right loves to call it "cackling". Ignorant complaints.
If you want to do comparisons, you can do that. Feel free. That doesn't change how quickly Harris is going through key staff - and not to promotion, but people getting out.

And yes, she laughs at inappropriate times, and makes other public appearance blunders. She's out of her depth. That's OK to point out.

Some should be used to it. One needs to look no further than the last Administration and how many left/replaced in the Office of the President.

Since Trump's turnover was mentioned, here's one analysis from Brookings:

View attachment 67381435
Souce: here.

"A" team is defined as the "most influential advisors" and is further defined in the article, but it's worth noting its the President's executive staff and does not include Cabinet-level Secretaries. Trump's total turnover is not hat out-of-line, but man, look at the year one numbers.
You forgot to add this other caveat on "A" team turnovers - "“A Team” positions is only counted once toward the turnover rate, thus, this chart only includes the first person to hold/depart a given position)." Many of Trump's "A Team" positions turned over multiple times. Including 4 Chief of Staffs, 5 Deputy Chief of Staffs, 3 VP Chief of Staffs, 3 First Lady Chief of Staffs, 6 Communications Directors, 4 Press Secretaries, 4 National Security Advisers, 6 Deputy National Security Advisers, 4 APs for Homeland Security and Terrorism, 3 Senior Directors of Intelligence, NSC, 6 Senior Directors for Europe and Russia, NSC, and 4 White House Directors of Legislative Affairs.

"SUMMARY: 27/60 (45%) “A Team” departures have turned over twice or more."

It's a behavior - has nothing to do with her sex. I'm sure it's an uncomfortable topic for her supporters. Why do you feel the need to deflect from it?
Like hell it doesn't.

If you want to do comparisons, you can do that. Feel free. That doesn't change how quickly Harris is going through key staff - and not to promotion, but people getting out.

And yes, she laughs at inappropriate times, and makes other public appearance blunders. She's out of her depth. That's OK to point out.

What were Mike Pence's numbers? I've asked twice and no answer.

I was pretty clear in that statement you quoted. If you want to do the comparison, feel free to do so. I'm not going to google for you.

I know you probably think that's masterful a 'gotcha' - it isn't.

The NY Post is a legitimate news source - hardly a 'partisan hack job'. And they are reporting a news story. Why is the first instinct to attack the messenger?

Here's the story from Reuters:
And, that doesn't compare the turn over of anybody in the biden admin verses any other group

The fact that you can't find it, because it wasn't a story, despite the media taking great pleasure talking about the Trump administration turnover rate is probably an indication that it wasn't a significant number. Kamala Harris's turnover rate as a percentage of her closest staff is clearly significant. Prove that Pence's was just as bad or worse. You can't. It's also not just that people are leaving, they're then running to the media to give off the record complaints about how Harris is inept and treats them like shit. Her staff is constantly complaining that she doesn't read their briefings and tries to wing everything, then when she inevitably embarrasses herself she yells at her staff over a problem that wouldn't have existed if she did her job.

Last edited:
Is there any facet of Harris's job where she appears to be doing well?
Well at least she is doing. The VP is rarely heard from in normal times. When Trump appointed Pence to head up his Covid team, (which I would say was the most important issue of Trumps presidency), we never heard shit from him. Trump took away his podium.

So, you can say what you want about her, but she's not ducking out or trying to hide. I am not overly impressed with her, but at the same time, not worried about it.

Well at least she is doing. The VP is rarely heard from in normal times. When Trump appointed Pence to head up his Covid team, (which I would say was the most important issue of Trumps presidency), we never heard shit from him. Trump took away his podium.

So, you can say what you want about her, but she's not ducking out or trying to hide. I am not overly impressed with her, but at the same time, not worried about it.
She's only heard doing silly things.

The White House doesn't even seem to trust her to handle big issues any more. Russia is invading Ukraine. Iran talks are an issue. Inflation and gas prices are skyrocketing. What is Harris doing? She's in Louisiana talking about internet access and the passage of time.

The fact that you can't find it, because it wasn't a story, despite the media taking great pleasure talking about the Trump administration turnover rate is probably an indication that it wasn't a significant number. Kamala Harris's turnover rate as a percentage of her closest staff is clearly significant. Prove that Pence's was just as bad or worse. You can't. It's also not just that people are leaving, they're then running to the media to give off the record complaints about how Harris is inept and treats them like shit. Her staff is constantly complaining that she doesn't read their briefings and tries to wing everything, then when she inevitably embarrasses herself she yells at her staff over a problem that wouldn't have existed if she did her job.

It's available in your Google search. Nobody wants to get it.

In the story in the OP, do tell what I missed. The person who is leaving ran to the media? Gave an off the record complaint? Said Harris is inept and treats her like shit? Because I read the OP, and I saw it was a person who has no set exit date yet and who is leaving for personal reasons. Now, show me where in the article it matches your little rant here.

I was pretty clear in that statement you quoted. If you want to do the comparison, feel free to do so. I'm not going to google for you.

I know you probably think that's masterful a 'gotcha' - it isn't.

Okay, you'd rather just explode thinking this is a story and you don't want to actually know facts. I get it. HDS.

Okay, you'd rather just explode thinking this is a story and you don't want to actually know facts. I get it. HDS.
You would rather deflect to ANYTHING else. If you want to discuss the story, feel free. Otherwise, find one that interests you.

BWT - more breaking news on this issue from Biden's communications director's new book.

You would rather deflect to ANYTHING else. If you want to discuss the story, feel free. Otherwise, find one that interests you.

BWT - more breaking news on this issue from Biden's communications director's new book.

What did I "deflect to" in that post you quoted?

What did I "deflect to" in that post you quoted?
You deflect from a topic, trying to shift it to anything else - or bog it down in nonsense like you've done here.

If you would like to discuss this latest departure from Harris's office, or her revolving door, feel free to do so. Otherwise, feel free to get in a last 'dig' and take care.

You deflect from a topic, trying to shift it to anything else - or bog it down in nonsense like you've done here.

If you would like to discuss this latest departure from Harris's office, or her revolving door, feel free to do so. Otherwise, feel free to get in a last 'dig' and take care.

What did I deflect to in that post you quoted?

While I understand the desire to poke a little fun at Kamala, perhaps we should all get serious for a moment and consider the significance of the passage of time.

EGADS. You think they chose her so the country would balk at invoking Amendment 25?

Another Harris staffer runs for the door.

Given the how badly the three topic areas mentioned have gone, this may be a very good change.
Except even the article you cited doesn't portray it that way:

Nancy McEldowney, who has worked for Harris since she took office, will be replaced by her deputy Philip Gordon, said an internal memo obtained by Reuters on Monday.

McEldowney reportedly said in the memo that she was stepping down to “focus on some pressing personal matters.” “This was a difficult decision because I am so deeply committed to the work we do and the crucial national interest we serve,” she wrote. “But after more than a year, this is the right decision for my family.” It wasn’t immediately clear when McEldowney’s resignation would take effect, though she said she wasn’t “rushing out the door.” A senior administration official told Reuters her last day hasn’t yet been confirmed.

McEldowney, a former ambassador to Bulgaria and onetime director of the State Department’s Foreign Service Institute, had advised both Harris and President Biden on a range of global issues — including the withdrawal from Afghanistan, negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
One would think if she was running for the door, her resignation would have been effective immediately with no transition period. What we don't know yet is whether or not this is directly due to issues in the Harris camp, since that's been reported on several occasions.

Except even the article you cited doesn't portray it that way:

One would think if she was running for the door, her resignation would have been effective immediately with no transition period. What we don't know yet is whether or not this is directly due to issues in the Harris camp, since that's been reported on several occasions.
People give notice with resignations all the time. It's not clear if this is related to the environment in the VP office or not.... but it's certainly another added to the tally.

Back
Top Bottom