• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kamala Harris’ national security adviser is latest VP staffer to resign

Sounds a little like the Trump administration.

Absolutely. How could anyone possibly question the veracity of a Washington DC press release. My God, the cynicism is just too much sometimes ...
1. It wasn't even a public memo so there's no reason to suggest they would be lying in it
2. Even if that's the case there's no "actual" reason offered so this thread is just more conservative fantasy roleplaying
3. This thread suggests that Harris drives staff away but there's nothing in this thread to suggest that turnover is an issue - again, more conservative fantasy roleplaying

1. It wasn't even a public memo so there's no reason to suggest they would be lying in it
2. Even if that's the case there's no "actual" reason offered so this thread is just more conservative fantasy roleplaying
3. This thread suggests that Harris drives staff away but there's nothing in this thread to suggest that turnover is an issue - again, more conservative fantasy roleplaying
You’ve not been following the news on this topic.

I heard that Vice President Harris once laughed. Can you confirm if that is true?
Because if she DID indeed laugh.....that would be a pretty big scandal. Very unprofessional.
She frequently laughs in inappropriate situations. However, that has nothing to do with this story.

Another Harris staffer runs for the door.

Given the how badly the three topic areas mentioned have gone, this may be a very good change.

Its funny - I don't recall your show or outrage with the mass exodus of Trump staff over those 4 years. A little hypocrisy at play?

Maybe Harris could get some advice from Donald "highest turnover" Trump on how to hire the best people.
GRRR ARGH WHY HAZ U ALWAYS MUST MAKE BOUT TRUMP? THREAD IS 4 TALK TRASH BOUT KAMALA!!!

Okay? I know this is a first. Nobody ever in the history of Administrations has resigned.
In case you aren't aware, the turnover in Harris's office has been extreme.

Its funny - I don't recall your show or outrage with the mass exodus of Trump staff over those 4 years. A little hypocrisy at play?
The left is showing a lot of hypocrisy.

Are you saying that we shouldn't expect Harris to be better at retaining people than Trump?

In case you aren't aware, the turnover in Harris's office has been extreme.

In case you weren't aware, the turnover in Trump's office was far more extreme. I'll bet you started a lot of threads about it too.

Yes, let's blame The Post. Harris is doing just fine. Really. Honest. We mean it ...
Let's not blame the NY Post. Early in December, WaPo noted the "exodus": https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/12/04/kamala-harris-staff-departures/

From CNN:

The departures are the latest in a series of exits by staffers in the vice president's office, including chief spokesperson and senior adviser Symone Sanders and communications director Ashley Etienne. News of each departure followed a myriad of reports, including by CNN, of staff infighting and dysfunction.

Asked last month if the recent staff resignations were indicative of a greater trend within her office, Harris declined to weigh in, focusing instead on praising Sanders before adding succinctly, "Next question."

In November, CNN reported that several people on the vice president's staff had started to reach out to contacts to say they're looking to leave, according to sources who've gotten calls, while many in the vice president's orbit have expressed frustration that Harris has not being adequately prepared or positioned by the White House and instead is being sidelined. https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/politics/peter-velz-vincent-evans-kamala-harris/index.html

From the BBC:

But evidence that there is something wrong at the top is hard to dismiss.

Ms Harris' presidential campaign began with a bang. Her kick-off rally in January 2019 drew tens of thousands of supporters to Oakland, California. She rocketed to near the top of polls after performing strongly in the first primary debate later that June.
Then she came crashing back down to earth, beset by staff upheaval, underwhelming media interviews and subsequent debates, and no clear message or constituency in the party.

In other words, all the problems Ms Harris has faced during her first year as vice-president also surfaced during her presidential campaign.

She's had a surprising amount of staff turnover in her first year in office, with her communications chief and press spokesperson both departing.

A particularly stinging blow came in the Washington Post, where an anonymous former staffer said she was unwilling to do the work necessary for the job and took out her frustration on her aides. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60061473

So rather than just using the partisan hack job of the NY Post, which is own by Rupert Murdoch,, and is highly disrespected by any rational person, and you show me the rate of turn over in Kamala Harris's office, and compare it to other administrations?
The NY Post is a legitimate news source - hardly a 'partisan hack job'. And they are reporting a news story. Why is the first instinct to attack the messenger?

Here's the story from Reuters:

In case you weren't aware, the turnover in Trump's office was far more extreme. I'll bet you started a lot of threads about it too.
This thread isn't about Trump.

I heard that Vice President Harris once laughed. Can you confirm if that is true?
Because if she DID indeed laugh.....that would be a pretty big scandal. Very unprofessional.
As long as she did not wear a tan suit, that is unforgivable

This thread isn't about Trump.

It is about your pretend outrage about how there is something historic in the levels of her staff leaving.

There isn't. Not even close. You didn't say a peep about the historic exodus under Trump. Spare us your bullshit now.

It's a fair comparison. Trump was such a poor leader he couldn't hold on to his staff. We're seeing the same flaw in Harris, and that should be a concern.
Harris if veep. She's not Dick Cheney so that position isn't running much of anything. But do fret if it makes you feel better.

It seemed to bother you then …

… why not now?

It seemed to bother you then …

… why not now?

How many staffers has Harris lost in 14 months? Is this 8?

Trump at the same time lost how many? It didn't bother me that he lost staff. In fact, my post you just quoted was crystal clear. I asked why anyone would work in the administration of such a piece of shit.

Why would it bother me that Harris lost some staff? It didn't bother me when Trump did. In fact, it made me laugh because it exposed him as the piece of shit I always knew he was.

Fail less.

It is when Harris staff moving on is being compared to "historic" levels. It is about the double standard you constantly exhibit.
lol. I think you missed who's exhibiting the double standard and hypocrisy here. Keep deflecting though.

Anything on the topic?

Back
Top Bottom