• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kabul animal rescue

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I love poor little innocent pets as much as anyone but to risk more American lives to save animals doesn't make sense.

The next criticism about Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal will be that the US didn't save the camels that US soldiers used.

I love poor little innocent pets as much as anyone but to risk more American lives to save animals doesn't make sense.

The next criticism about Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal will be that the US didn't save the camels that US soldiers used.

What risk?

My rescue has been working closely with this and the British rescue trying to get the animals and humans out. The Taliban hates animals. Those poor being are not safe there. They are accepting donations for anyone who wants to help.

I have a soft spot for critters. Thats why I offer my services to Pilots & Paws. I heard a lady refused to leave because she couldn't take her animals with her.. So she statyed

I have a soft spot for critters. Thats why I offer my services to Pilots & Paws. I heard a lady refused to leave because she couldn't take her animals with her.. So she statyed

You are correct. She won't leave her rescues nor her staff behind.

Will you be blaming President Biden for her staying?

I've had pets all my life. The majority have lived to old ages. I have however dealt with some of their mortalities on an economic basis. I'm not going to spend thousands of dollars on an uncertain future for my pet when a shot can resolve the issue. When you buy a pet, you also buy a tragedy.

Of course I cried when I made those decisions. But there are thousands of animals that could use someone to love right now.

I don't see how it would have been much of a risk. I mean, they had the animals...they had cages. Instead of hauling them on board an airplane, they released the animals to fend for themselves.

What risk?

My rescue has been working closely with this and the British rescue trying to get the animals and humans out. The Taliban hates animals. Those poor being are not safe there. They are accepting donations for anyone who wants to help.

I think the evacuation was more concerned with saving space for human rescue, thus the crammed airplanes. Can you imagine the faces of the people trying to get on board while they see dogs being placed on before them? The focus was to get as many people out as possible first, which even that didn't completely succeed. If they successfully reopen the Kabul Airport, maybe then they can retrieve the pets.

What happed with the cats? They said they released the dogs but where are the cats?

Back
Top Bottom