• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justin Bieber 800% Slower

Dr_Patrick

Androgyne
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Take a crappy teeny-bopper pop artist's song, slow it down by 800% using the Paulstretch music editing program and it becomes completely epic. BTW, this is just a clip. The entire track is 35 minutes long.

Take a crappy teeny-bopper pop artist's song, slow it down by 800% using the Paulstretch music editing program and it becomes completely epic. BTW, this is just a clip. The entire track is 35 minutes long.

Isn't that the music from Kingdom of Heaven? Immense!

Isn't that the music from Kingdom of Heaven? Immense!

What I love is that it makes Justin Bieber seem like some sort of insanely brilliant music visionary.

It's just as crappy slowed down 800% as it was at normal speed. And the slow version lasts 35 minutes instead of 4. I don't consider that an improvement.

My head 'sploded.

That's a weird phenom, but not totally un-expected. What we consider beautiful music in the sweeping orchestral vein tends to be slow with long, drawn out movements and slow transitions. By stretching the song, you draw out notes and movements, instantly putting the music in the kind of physical shape as music MEANT to be that way.

This makes me wonder, what would you get if you took the kind of music that was designed to be played this way normally, the sweeping orchestral pieces, and sped them up 800%?

My head 'sploded.

That's a weird phenom, but not totally un-expected. What we consider beautiful music in the sweeping orchestral vein tends to be slow with long, drawn out movements and slow transitions. By stretching the song, you draw out notes and movements, instantly putting the music in the kind of physical shape as music MEANT to be that way.

This makes me wonder, what would you get if you took the kind of music that was designed to be played this way normally, the sweeping orchestral pieces, and sped them up 800%?

Only one way to find out. Anyone any good with Audacity?

Back
Top Bottom