• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has cancerous nodules removed from lung

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ruth Ginsberg is resting comfortably after surgery to remove two nodules from her lung but at her age I have to wonder how long liberal judge Ginsberg can continue to serve the court.
Will she retire forcing Trump another opportunity for a nominee pick? I hope so.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had two cancerous nodules removed from her left lung Friday at a New York hospital, the Supreme Court announced.

There is no evidence of any remaining disease, says a court spokesperson, nor is there evidence of disease elsewhere in the body.
The 85-year-old justice was hospitalized last month after a fall in her office, in which she fractured three ribs.
In 1999, Ginsburg underwent surgery for colorectal cancer, and 10 years later she was treated for early stages of pancreatic cancer

ETA: MODS please merge with Renae's thread in breaking news.
Thanks....

Ruth Ginsberg is resting comfortably after surgery to remove two nodules from her lung but at her age I have to wonder how long liberal judge Ginsberg can continue to serve the court.
Will she retire forcing Trump another opportunity for a nominee pick? I hope so.

Thanks....

Republicans can taste the new conservative appointment. They're this close.

So what? If the tables were turned, don't be so naive as to believe that the Democrats wouldn't be doing the same....
One of the primary reasons I wanted Trump to win was because I believed he would get at least one supreme court pick... My dreams came true when he got two. Three is icing on the cake....

We learned the hard way never count your chickens until they are in hand. As we are finding to our displeasure with Kavanagh.

So what? If the tables were turned, don't be so naive as to believe that the Democrats wouldn't be doing the same....
One of the primary reasons I wanted Trump to win was because I believed he would get at least one supreme court pick... My dreams came true when he got two. Three is icing on the cake....

Ah yes, the "We can be rationalize being ghouls by imagining that Democrats might do some similar thing" argument. By that logic, just go out and shoot your neighbor because his dog pooped on your lawn, because you can visualize a Democrat perhaps doing that too.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the "We can be rationalize being ghouls by imagining Democrats might do some similar thing" argument.
No rationalizing (negative sense) or imagining required.

This “how long can RBG hold on” watch really is a little ghoulish, though, Trix.

We learned the hard way never count your chickens until they are in hand. As we are finding to our displeasure with Kavanagh.

While there have been some politically partisan judges in the past most justices actually base their decisions on their interpretation of the law and their own judicial philosophy. Banking on a judge voting a particular because of who nominated him is a fool's bet.

Ah yes, the "We can be rationalize being ghouls by imagining that Democrats might do some similar thing" argument. By that logic, just go out and shoot your neighbor because his dog pooped on your lawn, because you can visualize a Democrat perhaps doing that too.

Of course the dems would do the same and nominate a [comparatively] liberal judge. The problem at present is that their judges would rule for more freedom and equality and the current conservative wing of the GOP wants less. They fear the dems for wanting to give (this holiday season) when all they want to do is take away rights.

Republicans do not even represent a majority of the country yet they hold enough of the power to ram through the ideology of their more conservative wings. Women's reproductive rights, LGBT issues, voter suppression and other problems that affect minorities are all threatened even though most of the country stands left of center at the very least on these. 'Conservatives' fear a SCOTUS more in tune with the times and the will of the people because it would grant more freedom, when their aim is to take freedoms away.

This “how long can RBG hold on” watch really is a little ghoulish, though, Trix.

She is 85 and in failing health, so no, my intentions for asking this question are totally sincere.

I wish her well, but at her age, and considering her failing health, I'm being realistic.

I for one don’t want her to have to retire for medical reasons I hope she fully recovers and then decides she needs to enjoy her remaining years in retirement.

Thanks....
Not trying to be morbid nor do I wish any Ill will for her. I am curious though if her or any scotus would become incapacitated to the point they can not do their job, like a coma. What is the mechanism to replace them?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sad that you want her to have cancer

I remember several posters here that were celebrating when Scalia died and glad he was going to hell.

Well, sounds like she should retire right away. I doubt she can do the job anymore, and she needs to think about her health now anyway. Plus, she's right near the bottom of the barrel as far as SC Justices go, so it could be a serious upgrade for those that support the Constitution.

Fact check: false.

I wish her well. I do not wish her cancer, but carry on with your personal attacks.
For what good they'll do you.

You know darn well that because of this breaking news, and advanced age, the reality is that Trump will get a third pick.
If she should pass on or not be able to fulfill her time as a working judge, I hope as president, Trump makes another SC nomination happen.

Not trying to be morbid nor do I wish any Ill will for her. I am curious though if her or any scotus would become incapacitated to the point they can do their job, like a coma. What is the mechanism to replace them?

There is none. I believe Woodrow Wilson had a stroke and his wife was running the country.

I'm greedy I'm hoping he gets to replace Breyer too.

I'm greedy I'm hoping he gets to replace Breyer too.

Obama was a fool. He should have worked out a deal for Ginsburg to resign. Trump worked a deal for kennedy to retire.

Last week they said she was doing just fine?

Ginsburg: My health is fine, ribs are 'almost repaired'
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/421564-ginsburg-my-health-is-fine-ribs-are-almost-repaired

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said her ribs are "almost repaired" Saturday after breaking them in a November fall.

Ginsburg reassured a crowd gathered at an event in her honor at the Museum of the City of New York, according to CNN.

"[My health] is fine [and] my ribs are almost repaired," she said.

Ginsburg also said that, as of yesterday, she was able to do her whole workout routine with her personal trainer.

I know from personal experience that Lung Cancer is a insidious cancer. No one should have to deal with
what that can bring. We all can only wish her the best with a quick recovery.
My Dad was diagnosed with it and 6 weeks later he was gone.

Back
Top Bottom