• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Ginsburg to retire in January 2019?

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
While Trump is President and the Senate is in Rep control? I doubt it.

Saw someone claim this on FB and it appears there is some support for this claim

https://www.smobserved.com/story/20...he-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html

has anyone else seen anything about this? it suggests yet another cancer has resurfaced with the Justice-who has fought colon and pancreatic cancer

IF, and its a big if, her cancer has come out of remission 85 is a damned tough age to work through any sort of aggressive treatment. If that's occurred, she will need all the luck and strength she can get, I saw my grandparents do it post 80, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

yeah that was my thinking too given her earlier comments that she planned on staying till 90. But if she has a new round of cancer-that would be brutal.

This was exactly my thought when she just reported falling and breaking ribs. Cancer again, though? 85 years old? I'm sure it's the last thing she wants, but she may have to give up her very strong beliefs in order to stay alive.

She might not even make it to 2020 anyway. God forbid she takes on that challenge and the left brings another Hillary so it requires another 4 years to hold out.

IF, and its a big if, her cancer has come out of remission 85 is a damned tough age to work through any sort of aggressive treatment. If that's occurred, she will need all the luck and strength she can get, I saw my grandparents do it post 80, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Democrats won't let her retire in the next 2 years unless she is dead. If she is in a coma the Democrats would argue she is still capable of doing her job.

Democrats won't let her retire in the next 2 years unless she is dead. If she is in a coma the Democrats would argue she is still capable of doing her job.

They may have no choice. Depends on if true and how advanced and if metastasized. I would rather wait for real confirmation rather than speculation.

They may have no choice. Depends on if true and how advanced and if metastasized. I would rather wait for real confirmation rather than speculation.

To be fair, this is going to get speculated. The enormity of two SCOTUS judges being appointed by Trump with a right wing senate is not something anyone will ignore. The honorable RBG has served long and worked hard, but she is old and any illness is dangerous.

It's such a big possible game changer that it will be discussed right up until the next president takes office or Trump serves as a pall bearer.

To be fair, this is going to get speculated. The enormity of two SCOTUS judges being appointed by Trump with a right wing senate is not something anyone will ignore. The honorable RBG has served long and worked hard, but she is old and any illness is dangerous.
It's such a big possible game changer that it will be discussed right up until the next president takes office or Trump serves as a pall bearer.

That would sure make the incompetence and immorality of CLINTON CORP and their assorted apparatchiks last election so much worse than most had it figured till now.

For me, as an individual, its a personal preference to wait and not speculate. Makes me feel entirely too much like the political equivalent of a vulture.

That would sure make the incompetence and immorality of CLINTON CORP and their assorted apparatchiks last election so much worse than most had it figured till now.

I think you are saying it more dramatically than I would, but I agree that Clinton's antics during the election have made this all possible.

For me, as an individual, its a personal preference to wait and not speculate. Makes me feel entirely too much like the political equivalent of a vulture.

And that's totally fair! Just don't expect the general populace to show the same result on something as polarizing as this.

**** cancer and **** anyone who secretly thinks this possible diagnosis could be a good thing.

Saw someone claim this on FB and it appears there is some support for this claim

https://www.smobserved.com/story/20...he-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html

has anyone else seen anything about this? it suggests yet another cancer has resurfaced with the Justice-who has fought colon and pancreatic cancer

It's damn near a miracle she's alive at all given that she had pancreatic cancer. That's a cancer that is only rarely detected "before it's too late."

I think you are saying it more dramatically than I would, but I agree that Clinton's antics during the election have made this all possible.

The Left decided to try to coronate a deeply flawed they should have known that she sucks Hillary Clinton....which is how we got to Trump.

Which proves the Rebellions case that Americas Elites suck both tactically and morally.

The Fact that so few on the Left complain about this is proof that they suck.

REALLY

**** cancer and **** anyone who secretly thinks this possible diagnosis could be a good thing.

I see nobody in this thread this is a good thing

however;

1. Many people on this forum were celebrating when Scalia died.

2. Ginsburg had a chance to retire when Obama was president. She's obviously a smart enough woman to think a Republican could get elected in 2016. It was selfish on her part to not discuss a retirement plan with Obama.

The Left decided to try to coronate a deeply flawed they should have known that she sucks Hillary Clinton....which is how we got to Trump.

Which proves the Rebellions case that Americas Elites suck both tactically and morally.

The Fact that so few on the Left complain about this is proof that they suck.

REALLY

Again, you phrase it more dramatically than I would, but I think we are in the same arena.

It wasn't just the general left, though. Clinton and her staff pulled off some pretty amazing stunts to make sure Bernie and everyone else in the primary lost to her. It was a failure on many many parts.

Unfortunately, it's exactly why we have Trump in office. I would think the left would be furious and the Trump supporters would be cheering.

All of this is beside the main point though. We have Trump now and we have a senate pretty clearly leaning right. RBG has the so-very-crappy choice of facing 85+ age and maybe horrible illness as long as she can or handing over her hard-won seat to the opposition right after Brett got in.

I'm not sure how I feel about the seat. I'm very sure I wish the woman the best and hope very much she is not faced with this choice.

Any speculating on this seems kind of macabre. I hope she does whatever's best for her.

I see nobody in this thread this is a good thing

however;

1. Many people on this forum were celebrating when Scalia died.

2. Ginsburg had a chance to retire when Obama was president. She's obviously a smart enough woman to think a Republican could get elected in 2016. It was selfish on her part to not discuss a retirement plan with Obama.

Learn to read. I didn't quote ANYONE and it was a general comment. I didn't say anyone on this forum had stated it was a good thing and I never celebrated when Scalia died.

Again, you phrase it more dramatically than I would, but I think we are in the same arena.

It wasn't just the general left, though. Clinton and her staff pulled off some pretty amazing stunts to make sure Bernie and everyone else in the primary lost to her. It was a failure on many many parts.

Unfortunately, it's exactly why we have Trump in office. I would think the left would be furious and the Trump supporters would be cheering.

All of this is beside the main point though. We have Trump now and we have a senate pretty clearly leaning right. RBG has the so-very-crappy choice of facing 85+ age and maybe horrible illness as long as she can or handing over her hard-won seat to the opposition right after Brett got in.

I'm not sure how I feel about the seat. I'm very sure I wish the woman the best and hope very much she is not faced with this choice.

The Clintons spent 20+ years working their game as they wrecked the D party and degraded America, it was not about that last year...it was about all of them.

Last edited:
The Clintons spent 20 years working their game as they wrecked the D party and degraded America, it was not about that last year...it was about all of them.

I get your point, but I still think it's off-topic. I'm not a fan of the Clintons and don't care for a lot of what they do, but they didn't control RBG's health and don't currently hold any say in the appointment of a new justice.

I don't think the Democrats would force a sick person to continue working just to save the country from this nightmare. However I am sure all you trump supporters are delighted with the news that she might be dying. It means trump can nominate another far right white supremacist misogynist a-hole to the supreme court.

Back
Top Bottom