• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Ginsburg to retire in January 2019?

I get your point, but I still think it's off-topic. I'm not a fan of the Clintons and don't care for a lot of what they do, but they didn't control RBG's health and don't currently hold any say in the appointment of a new justice.

I am a heretic.... me who wants to talk about why we are where we are, so that maybe we can avoid making the mistake twice, so that we know who hurt us.

Feel free to move along if you have no interest in that.

however;

1. Many people on this forum were celebrating when Scalia died.

Seriously. What is this ****????

Because some people celebrated Scalias death that somehow then makes it alright if many people started celebrating that Ruth was sick and ended up passing?

What sort of messed up logic is that? How about just have some common decency and humanity and act like a reasonable person?

I don't think the Democrats would force a sick person to continue working just to save the country from this nightmare. However I am sure all you trump supporters are delighted with the news that she might be dying. It means trump can nominate another far right white supremacist misogynist a-hole to the supreme court.

what is the evidence-again I asked EVIDENCE that Kavanaugh is any of the things you claim?

I don't think the Democrats would force a sick person to continue working just to save the country from this nightmare. However I am sure all you trump supporters are delighted with the news that she might be dying. It means trump can nominate another far right white supremacist misogynist a-hole to the supreme court.
:2brickwal

I see nobody in this thread this is a good thing

however;

1. Many people on this forum were celebrating when Scalia died.

2. Ginsburg had a chance to retire when Obama was president. She's obviously a smart enough woman to think a Republican could get elected in 2016. It was selfish on her part to not discuss a retirement plan with Obama.

Oh cut the crap. You trump supporters are absolutely delighted that RBG might have cancer and will be forced to retire. Oh well at least RBG has a legitimate reason to retire - her health. The last supreme court justice who 'retired' did it because his son was complicit with trump's corruption.

I actually have been impressed with the restraint shown so far on both sides. I feel like those who have posted don't like that this important and powerful woman is suffering and possibly dying. The political ramifications are obvious to anyone who knows anything. I don't even think the extreme partisans have acted out of line.

No one wants her to die. Some might want her to step down. Even if you think her rulings and leanings are horrendous or saintly, you don't have to wish suffering.

I just personally hope that she is far healthier than any of us think and will leave on her own terms. Failing that, I want to pay respect to how hard she has fought for her beliefs for the last 60 years. She has held the seat with pride and aplomb for 25 years.

Only a ghoul would cheer at this.

Did I even hint at cheering this? If you search my posts you will see that while I don't like her rulings, I admire several things about that lady including the fact that she was at Harvard-made the law review-and due to her husband's testicular (IIRC) cancer treatment and job -she transferred to Columbia where she again made the law review.

Oh cut the crap. You trump supporters are absolutely delighted that RBG might have cancer and will be forced to retire. Oh well at least RBG has a legitimate reason to retire - her health. The last supreme court justice who 'retired' did it because his son was complicit with trump's corruption.

the hate in this post is really pretty pathetic.

I am a heretic.... me who wants to talk about why we are where we are, so that maybe we can avoid making the mistake twice, so that we know who hurt us.

Feel free to move along if you have no interest in that.

I have great interest in that topic and agree heartily that it bears discussion. I just don't want to get into it on this thread. Besides, you and I don't need to convince each other.

yeah, and like a friend of mine-a decade long survivor, they only caught it because they were scanning for something else. I believe RBG was getting a cat scan to see if her colon cancer was still active or had spread and they caught the pancreatic cancer early

Your friend and Justice Ginsburg were fortunate. Pancreatic cancer is why I'm a widower.

(Just in case you were going to offer condolences, none is necessary, but TY for thinking to do so if you did so think. My wife passed over 15 years ago, so I've since come to grips with my loss/grief.)

Your friend and Justice Ginsburg were fortunate. Pancreatic cancer is why I'm a widower.

(Just in case you were going to offer condolences, none is necessary, but TY for thinking to do so if you did so think. My wife passed over 15 years ago, so I've since come to grips with my loss/grief.)

still sucks and I am sure it still hurts.

Absolutely false. Post 3. You ought to learn to see people as people it makes it harder to hate that much.

No, I did not.

I get that sometimes people will say something in the heat of the moment and say things they don't really mean, but overall, that was a terrible thread. So many disturbing comments.

yeah it was-one guy-now banned-said it was great news. and I am sure someone will be cheering if Justice Ginsburg dies in office. Poor form either way

still sucks and I am sure it still hurts.

It does to an extent though more for my kids, I think, than for me. I had ~20 great years with her and for which I am most grateful; they didn't really get to know her. My remorse now is for them, not for myself or for her.

It does to an extent though more for my kids, I think, than for me. I had ~20 great years with her and for which I am most grateful; they didn't really get to know her.

This is literally my worst fear. I lost my parents before my sons were born and they missed so much. I can't and don't want to imagine them growing up without their mother's influence and love.

I know you said it's not required, but you still have my condolences. I wish you and your children didn't have to suffer that loss.

I'm a critical care paramedic and have also worked with MSF so I've seen some terrible things over time. I'm a pretty strong person but having to watch someone I adored lose his battle with Pancreatic Cancer pretty much broke me.

Disgustingly cruel disease.

I give her credit for being so tough. that sort of will to live is inspirational

Agreed.

So many people now curl up and die at the drop of a hat....seeing something different is nice.

Back
Top Bottom