• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice for Kate Steinle!

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
(CNN)The fatal shooting of Kate Steinle on a San Francisco pier last summer -- allegedly at the hands of an undocumented immigrant deported five times from the United States -- became a focal point of an angry national debate over illegal immigration.

On Friday, her family filed a federal lawsuit against U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, San Francisco County's former sheriff, the federal Bureau of Land Management and the man who allegedly fired the deadly shot.

Kate Steinle's family files federal suit blaming - CNN.com

It disgusts me that sanctuary cities are funded still. Sanctuary cities are defined as cities that do not follow immigration laws. Insane policies like this caused Kate to be shot and die in her father's arms. Unfortunately nothing will be done with Democrats, who have a chance to help save lives reject sensible and needed bills like Kate's law.

Sorry Jim, the city of San Francisco did your daughter wrong. It is pathetic that it appears they care more about the well-being of criminal illegal immigrants than protecting innocent American lives!

Kate's Law...I like it.

I wonder why it took so long for them to do it until now?

Sanctuary cities just mean they are cities ILLEGAL aliens can continue to do ILLEGAL things....like murder people, over and over again.

It disgusts me that sanctuary cities are funded still. Sanctuary cities are defined as cities that do not follow immigration laws. Insane policies like this caused Kate to be shot and die in her father's arms. Unfortunately nothing will be done with Democrats, who have a chance to help save lives reject sensible and needed bills like Kate's law.

Sorry Jim, the city of San Francisco did your daughter wrong. It is pathetic that it appears they care more about the well-being of criminal illegal immigrants than protecting innocent American lives!

Hopefully the family wins.It should financially painful as possible for cities to aid illegals and other criminals. Those officials who enacted those sanctuary laws should be thrown into prison.

I am not sure, what we can do about the general problem. But it does sound criminally negligent of a community to harbor persons known to have broken the law.

I am not sure, what we can do about the general problem. But it does sound criminally negligent of a community to harbor persons known to have broken the law.

Come to Virginia Beach where the police cannot document criminal acts by illegal's.

Hopefully the family wins.It should financially painful as possible for cities to aid illegals and other criminals. Those officials who enacted those sanctuary laws should be thrown into prison.

Interestingly enough, the sanctuary cities are a reaction to cities being hurt financially by immigration laws. The cities who are often times trying to enforce federal immigration law will face civil lawsuits after they detain someone on the suspicion that they are an illegal immigrant when they are not such.

Come to Virginia Beach where the police cannot document criminal acts by illegal's.

That seems incredibly unlikely to be accurate, but I will gladly look at any proof you have.

That seems incredibly unlikely to be accurate, but I will gladly look at any proof you have.

It's is true, local cops have complained continuously about letting unlicensed & uninsured illegal alien drivers to walk away after they are involved in motor vehicle accidents, drunk and disorderly incidents, driving on suspended licenses. etc. etc. etc. Local police have also claimed that when they have pulled over illegals, some of them had multiple drivers licenses from NC and PA. The state senate finally is now getting involved and threatening to sue Virginia beach for not reporting many of the incidents.

Virginia lawmakers push to hold sanctuary cities liable for illegal immigrants' crimes - Washington Times

Virginia Beach called weak on illegal immigration | Local Government | pilotonline.com

Alfredo Ramos was convicted of other crimes locally and not deported prior to killing young girls.

Alfredo Ramos gets 24 years in Virginia Beach teens' deaths | Courts & Crime | pilotonline.com

I can find another 100 or so incidents from the Wavy10, WTKR, Wvec, and the Virginia Pilot websites.

I don't understand why those who support sanctuary cities do so.
Sanctuary cities appear to flaunt the letter and intent of federal immigration laws, do they not?
It's another matter whether the federal government has legal recourse to force these cities into compliance or not.
I would have thought that if the feds had this recourse available to them they would have exercised it long ago.

It's is true, local cops have complained continuously about letting unlicensed & uninsured illegal alien drivers to walk away after they are involved in motor vehicle accidents, drunk and disorderly incidents, driving on suspended licenses. etc. etc. etc. Local police have also claimed that when they have pulled over illegals, some of them had multiple drivers licenses from NC and PA. The state senate finally is now getting involved and threatening to sue Virginia beach for not reporting many of the incidents.

I can find another 100 or so incidents from the Wavy10, WTKR, Wvec, and the Virginia Pilot websites.

Perhaps I am misreading your post...are you saying that in Virginia Beach, police do not document or cite an illegal citizen for any crime? Or that they do not specifically cite them for being an illegal immigrant and they are not doing enough to actually deport these individuals?

You know, sometimes the level of most toxic BS is so high, you have to dispense with courtesy. What on Earth are you people talking about? In our country of 320 million (plus 11 million of "illegal immigrants"), you found one case of brutal murder, and you make it into an argument for draconian immigration policies?

Regardless of what you think about anything (for the record, I am a pro-amnesty libertarian, but I was ready to vote for Sen.Cruz as a MUCH lesser evil than the extant alternatives) - this is sheer idiocy.

You understand (don't you?) that an equally compelling case - on the basis of one outrageous example - can be made against absolutely anyone: blacks, Jews, Baptists, Poles, stamp collectors, tennis players, people who know Esperanto, etc. I guarantee that at least one member of every such group did commit a hideous crime in the last decade.

By all means, let's disagree and argue, about immigration policies and everything else. But this - this is beyond the pale.

I don't understand why those who support sanctuary cities do so.
Sanctuary cities appear to flaunt the letter and intent of federal immigration laws, do they not?
It's another matter whether the federal government has legal recourse to force these cities into compliance or not.
I would have thought that if the feds had this recourse available to them they would have exercised it long ago.

They do have legal recourse to force these cities into compliance. The same way that they're trying to force NC into compliance with AA laws and slapped Arizona around on their illegal immigration bill. Money and the courts. Withdraw federal money to those states that allow such cities and courts to do what courts always do. The fact that they haven't done so tells me that they're not actually serious about enforcing immigration laws.

Perhaps I am misreading your post...are you saying that in Virginia Beach, police do not document or cite an illegal citizen for any crime? Or that they do not specifically cite them for being an illegal immigrant and they are not doing enough to actually deport these individuals?

They were not reporting to the incidents to the FBI, INS, and ICE. That is why the state is after the city with a potential lawsuit. The cops have been trying to do their jobs, but have to look the other way unless a illegal is in the act of something very serious.

No license...no problem....walk away!

No insurance....no problem...walk away!

Multiple drivers licenses...no problem....walk away!

Multiple SSN cards......no problem ........and zero reports to ICE.

The city is reluctantly starting to do their job, but only after the threats of lawsuits by the citizens and the state.

You know, sometimes the level of most toxic BS is so high, you have to dispense with courtesy. What on Earth are you people talking about? In our country of 320 million (plus 11 million of "illegal immigrants"), you found one case of brutal murder, and you make it into an argument for draconian immigration policies?

Regardless of what you think about anything (for the record, I am a pro-amnesty libertarian, but I was ready to vote for Sen.Cruz as a MUCH lesser evil than the extant alternatives) - this is sheer idiocy.

You understand (don't you?) that an equally compelling case - on the basis of one outrageous example - can be made against absolutely anyone: blacks, Jews, Baptists, Poles, stamp collectors, tennis players, people who know Esperanto, etc. I guarantee that at least one member of every such group did commit a hideous crime in the last decade.

By all means, let's disagree and argue, about immigration policies and everything else. But this - this is beyond the pale.

Bold: And that right there tells everyone why you have your stance. And its not just ONE example. There are millions of illegal aliens in this country breaking the law every single day. And not just immigration laws. But also things like fraud and identity theft.

They do have legal recourse to force these cities into compliance. The same way that they're trying to force NC into compliance with AA laws and slapped Arizona around on their illegal immigration bill. Money and the courts. Withdraw federal money to those states that allow such cities and courts to do what courts always do. The fact that they haven't done so tells me that they're not actually serious about enforcing immigration laws.

Illegals are not immigrants. They are criminal trespassers crossing over with the intent to steal jobs, welfare benefits, free education, free medical care, and to re-claim lost territory.

For fun, they rape and shoot people, like that Mexican piece of human waste who murdered Kate.

One case of brutal murder? Speaking of BS. :roll: And since when are laws against ILLEGAL immigration, "draconian"? :roll:

Elusive crime wave data shows frightening toll of illegal immigrant criminals | Fox News

From this administration, it's hardly a surprise. More community organizing and political activism and social warrior BS than administration and leadership from this administration. As you correctly point out, it's pretty clear that LGBT bathroom issues take a priority over immigration issues. :roll:

From previous administrations, I'm a bit more surprised, but then think of the Democratically controlled congress the last part of Bush 2's administration. However, this doesn't discount the executive order similar in nature to the bathroom one this administration's DOJ issued.

But then, neither party really wants to enforce the federal immigration laws, do they? The result is the mess that we have once again.

What's beyond pale is the acceptable loss of the apologists. When will it become too much for the open boarder crowd?

You can't do this for yourself? It took less time than reading your post.

Partial list...

May 2016 — Illegal aliens, Reinol Vergara and Edson Benitez, pled guilty to second degree murder for the death of a 90 year-old Minnesota man they beat and tied up while they stole from his home, leaving him to bleed to death. (Breibart News May 11, 2016)

April 2016 — A Salvadoran illegal alien, Mauricio Morales-Caceres, was convicted of first degree murder in Maryland and sentenced to life imprisonment. (Washington Post, April 30, 2016)

March 2016 — Juan Razo, a Mexican illegal alien living in Painesville, Ohio, agreed to plead guilty to a crime spree that included the shooting death of a 60-year old woman, attempted rape of a 14-year old girl, kidnapping and burglary. His plea was to avoid the death penalty and accept a life sentence. (Cleveland.com, March 4, 2016)

February 2016 — Three illegal aliens from Mexico were sentenced to federal prison for alien smuggling and illegally re-entering the U.S. after previous deportations. One man was sentenced to 57 months, another will serve 24 months, and the last man was sentenced to serve 12 months and one day in prison. (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, February 2, 2016)

January 2016 — An illegal alien from Mexico was sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison after having been convicted for transporting illegal aliens, which resulted in the death of two illegal aliens. (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, January 20, 2016)

Examples of Serious Crimes by Illegal Aliens

But it's not just "one case of brutal murder" by an illegal alien with multiple deportations in his history. There are a fair number of criminal acts inflicted on US citizens by a fair number of illegal aliens. Had it only been a single instance committed by a single illegal alien, then it wouldn't be the problem that it's obviously become.

I'd have to agree with other posters, enforcing the existing federal immigration laws can hardly be considered as draconian.

well there is actually MORE to this story, it was the perfect storm:

- a felon who should never have been released although his charges were at the time actually minor BUT (Immigration officials had a detainer request for Lopez-Sanchez but the sheriff's department released him, according to the lawsuit)
- an illegal immigrant five times over
- an unreported stolen fire arm

the sheriff's office is in deep water on this

If we have the balls to sentence this pos to death, the Mexican president, the pope and the rest of the screwed up world will be all over us.

To support my resume as a bigot and xenophobe, I am offering myself to execute this one. I will pay for my transportation and lodging. I even have a gun and I seldom miss.

Interestingly enough, the sanctuary cities are a reaction to cities being hurt financially by immigration laws. The cities who are often times trying to enforce federal immigration law will face civil lawsuits after they detain someone on the suspicion that they are an illegal immigrant when they are not such.

Do you have any credible links to back up that claim? I ask because California kisses these asses of illegals and those who aid or benefit from illegals. Which is why it is a sanctuary state.Its why they uses terms like undocumented or undocumented immigrant instead of illegal, illegal immigrant, or illegal alien.

Do you have any credible links to back up that claim? I ask because California kisses these asses of illegals and those who aid or benefit from illegals. Which is why it is a sanctuary state.Its why they uses terms like undocumented or undocumented immigrant instead of illegal, illegal immigrant, or illegal alien.

Liberals are so totally adorable in their efforts to hide the inconvenient facts. A quote:

"They will tell her that illegal aliens are sweet and cuddly without mentioning that in many jurisdictions over 90% of the outstanding arrest warrants for murder are for the illegals.

To screw with her vocabulary, they will call them undocumented knowing very well that the term implies our failure to document them, and obscures the fact that they are undocumented because they did everything they could to avoid being documented by sneaking over or under a fence in the middle of nowhere when it was dark.

Once safely inside, they documented themselves later by forging all kinds of documents, including their Social Security cards."

Illegals are not immigrants. They are criminal trespassers crossing over with the intent to steal jobs, welfare benefits, free education, free medical care, and to re-claim lost territory.

For fun, they rape and shoot people, like that Mexican piece of human waste who murdered Kate.

I'm against illegal aliens in this country. But this isn't even true for half of em.

Back
Top Bottom