• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Department says former Green Beret allegedly provided secrets to Russia

PNW Guy

CAUTION: SNARK AREA!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Trump's next pardon and presidential medal of freedom recipient? :roll:

CNN said:
(CNN)A former Army Green Beret has been charged with providing information about US national defenses to Russian agents, the Department of Justice announced on Friday.

Peter Rafael Dzibinski Debbins was arrested for allegedly releasing details to Russian intelligence operatives about the chemical and Special Forces unit he was a part of before and while serving in the US Army.
Prosecutors with the Eastern District of Virginia say Debbins met with Russian operatives on multiple occasions from 1996 to 2011 and was even assigned a code name, "Ikar Lesnikov," by Russian intel agents. Debbins is also accused of signing a statement allegedly affirming that he wanted to serve Russia....

Obviously he's Trump's kinda "team player" right? :roll:

Or will he just say "fake news"? Wish him well? Maybe if her murdered some folks the pardon would be more expedient?

No, I don't seriously expect that, but with this presidency, would anyone be very suprised? "Oh Putin called and asked us to issue a pardon and I thought, well why not?":shock:

If it wasn't for having TWO full time cable news networks dedicated to spinning it for him, he'd maybe get 15% approval....

Probably really this has not much at all to do with Trump, but how is it just so unsurpsising anyway in these times?

Or will he just say "fake news"? Wish him well? Maybe if her murdered some folks the pardon would be more expedient?

No, I don't seriously expect that, but with this presidency, would anyone be very suprised? "Oh Putin called and asked us to issue a pardon and I thought, well why not?":shock:

If it wasn't for having TWO full time cable news networks dedicated to spinning it for him, he'd maybe get 15% approval....

Probably really this has not much at all to do with Trump, but how is it just so unsurpsising anyway in these times?

Once again. Another thread started for the sole purpose of crying about Trump...

This shtick is getting old.

Once again. Another thread started for the sole purpose of crying about Trump...

Tough.... A little more than two months left.... :lamo

Glad the DOJ caught him. Of course he was able to opetate through multiple previous administrations, so not perfect, I guess.

Tough.... A little more than two months left.... :lamo

I really don't see how this man - who if the charges are correct is a traitor - is in any way a reflection of Donald Trump, his administration or his presidency. This soldier allegedly betrayed his nation. I mean, that's the whole story. It's not like he called Trump for direction. Thanks!!

<SARC>[What's the problem here?

He had a product that he wanted to sell. He found a buyer that wanted to purchase the product he had for sale. The agreed on a price. The transaction was completed.

That's the way that free market, entrepreneurial, self-funded, capitalism is supposed to work - right</SARC>[?

Hey Russia has given Trump plenty of information. Not about national security or world affairs, but rather dirt on politicians. It is only fair that they get to know our national secrets.

He had a product that he wanted to sell. He found a buyer that wanted to purchase the product he had for sale. The agreed on a price. The transaction was completed.

That's the way that free market, entrepreneurial, self-funded, capitalism is supposed to work - right</SARC>[?

Maybe we should just let Tweety invite Putin for a State visit, they can have some nice tea! Some exotic stuff, Putie will bring for Trump to try, special Russian blend.... :cool:

117952838_5041224752555129_6178477424837111208_n.jpg

The correct response when Putin offers you tea.... :shock:

What? You think Trump pardons are not worth discussing during a pandemic or an election season? All this Green Beret is say something supportive of Trump and he'll be out of prison in no time. We all know that.

Pfft...Obama would have given him a formal reception in the Rose Garden.

They don't need that green beret. Trump will give them all they want.

Pfft...Obama would have given him a formal reception in the Rose Garden.

You say this based on NOTHING! Obama never did ANYTHING that suggests he would support a treasonous act.

Trump, on the other hand, embraces the endorsements of the KKK and Qanon. He pardons and commutes convicted felons based solely on their expressed support of him.

Prosecutors with the Eastern District of Virginia say Debbins met with Russian operatives on multiple occasions from 1996 to 2011

A bit before trumps time, isn't it?

OR, like your source you didn't read says, Trumps Justice department is prosecuting him.

You say this based on NOTHING! Obama never did ANYTHING that suggests he would support a treasonous act.

Trump, on the other hand, embraces the endorsements of the KKK and Qanon. He pardons and commutes convicted felons based solely on their expressed support of him.

As long as you don’t count his administration calling bergdahl some one who served with honor and distinction and trading a bunch of Taliban commanders for him. Or commuting the sentence of manning who gave away pentagon secrets.

Oh wait. Those two were both guilty of treasonous acts.

Guess that kind of destroys your post.

But I am sure somehow in your mind those are different so they don’t count.

but I bet your explanation of how exactly it’s different is rather humorous so I look forward to it.

OR, like your source you didn't read says, Trumps Justice department is prosecuting him.

Some posters are so excited to push a narrative they actually post the opposite.

Sometimes I almost think it's deliberate.

Wait, isn't Trump's justice department prosecuting this guy? Is that a bad thing?

Yes it's getting old. You have just about 5 more months of it when Trump will make his exit. I am sure all of us here will feel a sigh of relief, some more than others.

They prosecuted Roger Stone and Mike Flynn also. How did that turn out? Now they get their turn with Steve Bannon. We'll have to wait on that one.

A bit before trumps time, isn't it?

Why is everyone so upset?

<SARC>[Aren't the "(American) Conservatives" (whatever that means) opposed to "government regulation of trade" and don't the "(American) Liberals" (whatever that means) support people bettering themselves through self-funded entrepreneurial efforts</SARC>[?

My question is "Is he a 'Registered Republican' or a 'Registered Democrat'?".

It's obvious the answer to that question would inform your answer to "is this a bad thing?"

Only if it’s legal to sell that “product”, so no. However in your liberal mind anything that will make a buck is a sale able product, especially if it hurts the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Russia has given Trump plenty of information. Not about national security or world affairs, but rather dirt on politicians. It is only fair that they get to know our national secrets.

Got any back up for your specious claim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom