• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Department asks FEC to stand down as prosecutors probe Santos

Go ahead, tell me I'm nuts for wondering if Santos is on any Russian payrolls.
Go ahead, I dare you.

I'm sure Santos actually is a Democrat who is simply lying about being Republican. He did support Lula in Brazil and is a drag queen, so it makes sense.

MAGA.

I agree he knew, like Trump the dems weren’t dumb enough to get them the nomination.

He belongs in prison. Men's or women's. It doesn't matter to me.
Agree. Being thrown out of Congress isn’t enough

Santos should be publicly excoriated and disavowed on the House floor, then marched out of the Capitol building and off Capitol grounds à la Chuck Connors in Branded (of course, Chuck was innocent)

I am telling you folks. Santos could very well be Trump's illegitimate son. He does have the Trump pathological lying gene.
His real kids are no slouches either although Princess Ivanka has flown the coop lately. She is busy building a multimillion $ Miami palace with her Hubby's Saudi money. The property alone cost $30 million. It's good to be one of the Presidents children for sure. Hunter got cheated compared to them.

billionaire-bunker-kushner-trump.jpg

https://pagesix.com/article/inside-indian-creek-island-miami/

Hopefully the FEC tells the DOJ to pound sand and does its thing anyway. Separation of powers.

Same. I can't find anything that says where he was born.
I haven’t found anything that confirms Santos’ citizenship, or much at all in press reports questioning where he was born.

Hopefully the FEC tells the DOJ to pound sand and does its thing anyway. Separation of powers.
Both fall under the executive branch.

Both fall under the executive branch.

Thanks for the correction. In my research I found otherwise, and thank you for setting the record straight.

In that case, FEC can pound sand if it wants. Or not. An internal matter, though I'm a fan of more investigations into this guy and not fewer.

Whatever is necessary to prove Santos’ citizenship.
Better hire a private investigator to go to Hawaii! And Brazil! Get that long form birth certificate; it is probably on Hunter's laptop. Q knows! Maybe he IS Q!?

Trumper conspiracy theories are fun!

Better hire a private investigator to go to Hawaii! And Brazil! Get that long form birth certificate; it is probably on Hunter's laptop. Q knows! Maybe he IS Q!?

Trumper conspiracy theories are fun!
Completely unlike Traitor Trump’s birther conspiracy theory, the question of Santos’ birthplace isn’t being polluted by idiotic blatant lies.

It remains a simple question; Where was Santos born?

Completely unlike Traitor Trump’s birther conspiracy theory, the question of Santos’ birthplace isn’t being polluted by idiotic blatant lies.

It remains a simple question; Where was Santos born?
Somalia.

Oh, wait, that was the last brown representative racists attacked for not being American. There are so many I can't keep up.

Illegals are stealing our jerbs!!

You Trumpers are wild with your conspiracy theories.

I’m about as far from being a Trumper as one could be.
Spreading Trumper conspiracy theories and talking points gets you about as close as can be...

Justice Department asks FEC to stand down as prosecutors probe Santos​

The Justice Department has asked the Federal Election Commission to hold off on any enforcement action against George Santos, the Republican congressman from New York who lied about key aspects of his biography, as prosecutors conduct a parallel criminal probe, according to two people familiar with the request.

The request, which came from the Justice Department’s Public Integrity Section, is the clearest sign to date that federal prosecutors are examining Santos’s campaign finances.

The Justice Department request also asked that the FEC provide any relevant documents to the Justice Department, according to the knowledgeable people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the matter’s sensitivity.

A Justice Department spokeswoman declined to comment. An FEC spokeswoman said the regulator “cannot comment on enforcement.” Neither Santos nor his attorney responded to requests for comment.

I love that this dude chose this election. It's perfect. They finally get their majority. McCarthy has to sell his soul to the Beavis and Butthead caucus. There's a mean girls' club internal fight in that caucus. They're all about slashing entitlements until it's "wait... no ... no... our constituents looked at their finances, so we're not gonna gut SS and medicare" (not that it'd succeed).

And now it's like.. that dude you put on committees is probably going to jail. Because you couldn't summon the moral courage to boot him the moment his Lying Mc. Liarton ass got exposed.

Back
Top Bottom