• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just when you thought the world could not be more sick...

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Depraved paedophile raped teenager, got her pregnant then raped the child she gave birth to eight years later - Mirror Online

For seven years he repeatedly raped, sexual abused and assaulted the first victim when she was aged between 13 and 20, Liverpool Crown Court heard.
The girl fell pregnant and gave birth to his child, but eight years later, he raped and abused her too from the age of eight to 12, the Liverpool Echo reports .

Hope he gets what he deserves in prison...

File this entirely in the "no hope for humanity" folder.

Sometimes these horrific crimes make you question what is justice, what is recovery for the victim, etc. Very upsetting.

It's awful, yes.

There are, believe it or not, people far worse around. There are things I know about the depths of human depravity that I wish I could un-learn. **** keeps me up at night sometimes.

I think that for several reasons the Jaycee Dugard story is worse.

It's awful, yes.

There are, believe it or not, people far worse around. There are things I know about the depths of human depravity that I wish I could un-learn. **** keeps me up at night sometimes.

I was a journalist for 25 years. Ever wonder what doesn't make it on? Stuff like this, and yes, it is not that extreme. The worst for me was a murder suicide where a guy had offed his wife, two children and an infant before turning the gun on himself. We got footage of a Mountie carrying the bloodied infant in his arms and speeding off. It is the only time in my career that I argued NOT to show it, and lost.

It still haunts me at times, more because we exploited a terrible tragedy for the gore value and ratings

I was a journalist for 25 years. Ever wonder what doesn't make it on? Stuff like this, and yes, it is not that extreme. The worst for me was a murder suicide where a guy had offed his wife, two children and an infant before turning the gun on himself. We got footage of a Mountie carrying the bloodied infant in his arms and speeding off. It is the only time in my career that I argued NOT to show it, and lost.

It still haunts me at times, more because we exploited a terrible tragedy for the gore value and ratings

Stuff like Susan Smith or killing babies in microwaves and dryers, basically parents brutally killing their kids, that is what gets to me. I can sorta get to how someone could get insane enough to kill their kids, but to make them suffer during it??!!

I have a feeling that he will. I wonder why stories like this keep coming from the UK more so than other countries? (Or is that a misbegotten perception?)
(I mean other than ISIS controlled countries - no telling about that aberration)

Same could be said for Florida. I think it is because the UK has a well established and deeply entrenched tabloid newspaper industry and the US also has a rather effective one too. This kind of thing is the bread and butter of the tabloid industry along with celebrity gossip, whereas broadsheet newspapers and news networks don't care. Networks like CNN or papers like the London Times would not care about news like this.

Last edited:
that is not possible

but hope they try to get close

When I was in the early years in TV we had what we called "The dead kid file", it was a horror, because there were seven missing kids with nothing in common and from seven different areas. The dead kid file was no-where land for any reporter as all you could say, day after day, is that police see no connection.

It broke because of some very clever detective work which was closely followed by a protege', a kid who had "worn" the missing kid albatross no one wanted.

It became one of the greatest injustices ever under Commonwealth law, as prosecutors had to agree to pay $10,000 per body to the killer's wife in order to get a conviction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Olson

With something that horrific, you absolutely have to believe in evil. Not just sinning and ****, but pure, demonic evil. Oddly, at the time I truly believed and stated that it was demonic. What is odd is I had no faith in a god then, but could grasp evil. It was years later when I found out that the only serious warning He ever gave was about children: "He who touches the hair of the head of one of these little ones" I think it goes.

So in the "I hope he gets what's coming to him" arena, I have to leave to the God of my understanding who has declared "Vengeance is mine!"

Same could be said for Florida. I think it is because the UK has a well established and deeply entrenched tabloid newspaper industry and the US also has a rather effective one too. This kind of thing is the bread and butter of the tabloid industry along with celebrity gossip, whereas broadsheet newspapers and news networks don't care. Networks like CNN or papers like the London Times would not care about news like this.

Yeah, OK. I can see your point on that.

But I recall this huge ring of Pedophiles thing going on in the UK, trading kids around the ring or something, were they all on the city council or something? I admit I'm struggling here to pull my recollection together on this.

Just seemed really aberrant at the time it had it's 3 day splash on the news scene, and then it was gone again. Never to be heard from again.

There is evil in the world, no doubt. I don't know whether there are devils, demons, or the like, but there is plenty of evil in the hearts of some human beings.

And the anti-choicers are all thinking "Thank God she didn't abort that child"
It isn't that child who commits the rape. She's the rape victim here. How then is her fault worthy of violent death?

Last edited:
There is evil in the world, no doubt. I don't know whether there are devils, demons, or the like, but there is plenty of evil in the hearts of some human beings.

"I may not believe in god, but I know there's a hell, I've been living there" is one of the classic lines I ever heard come out of a 12 step meeting.

I do believe in demons, I have seen enough in my life to be convinced; there is simply no other explanation for what some "legally sane" people do. The above mentioned Clifford Robert Olsen was not content to rob the lives of at least 11 children, but wrote horrific letters to the parents from his cell, describing what he did to them. That is evil.

"I may not believe in god, but I know there's a hell, I've been living there" is one of the classic lines I ever heard come out of a 12 step meeting.

I do believe in demons, I have seen enough in my life to be convinced; there is simply no other explanation for what some "legally sane" people do. The above mentioned Clifford Robert Olsen was not content to rob the lives of at least 11 children, but wrote horrific letters to the parents from his cell, describing what he did to them. That is evil.

The human mind has an innate capacity for extremes of behaviour and, for me at least, blaming it on demons and such like is a cop out and a way to distance ourselves from our character. Regardless of the mechanism, we share a revulsion for these acts but, I cannot see that the solution is to indulge in supernatural fantasies however well intentioned, or not.

I have a feeling that he will. I wonder why stories like this keep coming from the UK more so than other countries? (Or is that a misbegotten perception?)
(I mean other than ISIS controlled countries - no telling about that aberration)

They dont. It comes down to language. While this case is specifically sick, incest, child abuse is common in all countries, but because the media is not english then the reporting is not picked up by people like us. I could post a few cases from Denmark.. there was a woman who sold her daughter for sex on a ferry, or the father that abused his daughter for years, or the parents that abused their children for years. Or we can go to South America where there has been cases of 9 year olds having kids with their fathers, or worse. Hell Fitzl in Austria only really came to our attention because of the length of the abuse... there was a similar case not long ago in Sweden. Hear about it? Nope..

These stories come from anywhere the media want to look. They are everywhere. The editor's meetings at papers, tv and radio stations all sit down and talk it through. Four politics, one racial or women's challenge, an exciting crime or something for the heart,5 sports events. That's news today. Every day. What sells copy? Child molestation and balck shootings by cops seem to fill the bill

That is extremely sick, for sure. One consolation is he was not part of a grooming gang, that was made up with other family members. Moreover, those family members facilitated the abuse of the victim by transporting them to other 'like minded' gangs, who share the same value system. That would be sicker for sure....

They dont. It comes down to language. While this case is specifically sick, incest, child abuse is common in all countries, but because the media is not english then the reporting is not picked up by people like us. I could post a few cases from Denmark.. there was a woman who sold her daughter for sex on a ferry, or the father that abused his daughter for years, or the parents that abused their children for years. Or we can go to South America where there has been cases of 9 year olds having kids with their fathers, or worse. Hell Fitzl in Austria only really came to our attention because of the length of the abuse... there was a similar case not long ago in Sweden. Hear about it? Nope..

I thought we were NOT allowed to say "specifically" when discussing these kinds of offence? For as long as I can remember, that is exactly what you and others have promulgated on this forum!

Back
Top Bottom