• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just When You Thought It Couldn’t Get Worse

Oh, man, my prayers have been answered! Palin cracks me up. I hope she gives lots of speeches and appears on many talk shows. I'm chuckling already. Late night hosts are toasting her name.

Oh, man, my prayers have been answered! Palin cracks me up. I hope she gives lots of speeches and appears on many talk shows. I'm chuckling already. Late night hosts are toasting her name.
But she can see Russia from her yard.

What could go wrong?

Well, we are sure to see a lot of liberal talking potato heads make fools of themselves. I'm thinking the rhetoric from that bunch will evolved into some of the most cringe-worthy we've ever seen.

But when you get right down to it, it'll be up to the ALASKAN voters to decide. Not the idiots in the media.

Well, we are sure to see a lot of liberal talking potato heads make fools of themselves. I'm thinking the rhetoric from that bunch will evolved into some of the most cringe-worthy we've ever seen.

But when you get right down to it, it'll be up to the ALASKAN voters to decide. Not the idiots in the media.
You’ve got it right! Palin and cringe-worthy go together like peas and carrots.

“But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies.”

"Canada needs to dismantle its public health-care system and allow private enterprise to get involved and turn a profit."

“Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities.”

“Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know, the molecules, where it's going and where it's not [...]. So, I believe that what Congress is going to do, also, is not to allow the export bans to such a degree that it's Americans that get stuck to holding the bag without the energy source that is produced here, pumped here.”

“Well, then what the federal government should have done was accept the assistance of foreign countries, of entrepreneurial Americans who have had solutions that they wanted presented. They can't even get a phone call returned, Bill. The Dutch—they are known, and the Norwegians—they are known for dikes and for cleaning up water and for dealing with spills. They offered to help and yet, no, they too, with the proverbial, can't even get a phone call back.”

“Here's an example of how it wastes some time. To be judged on or to be talked about on appearance—say chest size—it makes me wear layers, it makes me have to waste time figuring out what am I going to wear so that nobody will look in an area that I don't need them to look at.”

“I love the smell of emissions”

“GIVE ME THE SONGS OF A NATION” Sing for joy to God our strength; shout aloud to the God of Jacob! Begin the music, strike the timbrel, play the melodious harp and lyre. Psalm 81:1–2 Let these two quotations wash over you: “I am the art in your arthouses, the ideas in your institutions, the laws in your land, the message in your movies, the thoughts of your teachers, the values your kids value. I affect you. Do you affect me?”—Culture And also this one, from the fifth-century BC Greek musician Damon of Athens: Give me the songs of a nation, and it matters not who writes its laws. I wish more of us—especially our politicians—realized that ideas have consequences in the real world. When we embrace certain ideals in our movies and songs (sex without restraint, for example, which happened during the “free love” 1970s), it affects our culture in ways that rules and regulations can’t undo. SWEET FREEDOM IN Action Today, don’t let movies, songs, and the arts be dominated by liberals. Instead, arm your Christian children and grandkids with a solid worldview and encourage them to enter these areas boldly and with excellence.”

And you gotta think the people who voted for her aren't as smart as she is. Oy.

Entertainment is all she's worth.

You’ve got it right! Palin and cringe-worthy go together like peas and carrots.
Palin may be dumb, but Kamala is way worse.

I’d like to see that debate.
Not me. Watching a Harris/Palin debate might make me renounce my citizenship. I'd be too embarrassed to keep living here.

I’d like to see that debate.
It would probably be something like this:

Palin: I can see Russia from my house, pwaiise the lawd! Try topping that, biatch!

Kamala: Russia is a country (followed by incoherent cackling)!

Can't wait to hear what Tucker has to say about her.

It would probably be something like this:

Palin: I can see Russia from my house, pwaiise the lawd! Try topping that, biatch!

Kamala: Russia is a country (followed by incoherent cackling)!
Dude, you're losing it.

Not me. Watching a Harris/Palin debate might make me renounce my citizenship. I'd be too embarrassed to keep living here.
Even in the context of the passage of time?

I worry that if she made it into the House she would begin competing with MTG over who can say the crazier thing. There are no winners in that competition, only losers (MTG and Palin) and bigger losers (the United States).

Can't wait to hear what Tucker has to say about her.
So. You are eager to hear the rhetoric from the talking potato heads. I'm not.

This actually interests me. Speaking completely objectively, can Palin (or anyone else for that matter) be able to get back into office after a long break from politics? Would the voters of Alaska (or, again, any state) go back to someone who has not been around for a while, and who resigned from his/her position before the term was up?

If so, does that open the door for someone like a Jesse Ventura, who has not been around for quite some time, but gets that itch again? Using him as the example, former governor, former military, name recognition, but conspiracy theorist, hasn't been in politics for even longer.

Also, and completely random thought but possibly relevant, in today's political climate, with Trump as polarizing as he is, assuming he decides to run for office again, would it be a safer bet for him to run for Senate instead of the Presidency?

This actually interests me. Speaking completely objectively, can Palin (or anyone else for that matter) be able to get back into office after a long break from politics? Would the voters of Alaska (or, again, any state) go back to someone who has not been around for a while, and who resigned from his/her position before the term was up?

If so, does that open the door for someone like a Jesse Ventura, who has not been around for quite some time, but gets that itch again? Using him as the example, former governor, former military, name recognition, but conspiracy theorist, hasn't been in politics for even longer.
shrug...

It depends on the voters in the relevant states.
Also, and completely random thought but possibly relevant, in today's political climate, with Trump as polarizing as he is, assuming he decides to run for office again, would it be a safer bet for him to run for Senate instead of the Presidency?
Nah...then he'd just be one of the good Senators among the Elites. It would be more effective for him to be voted in as Speaker of the House by a House GOP majority.

Nah...then he'd just be one of the good Senators among the Elites. It would be more effective for him to be voted in as Speaker of the House by a House GOP majority.
Using that argument (no not going to make a weasal comment), is the speaker of house a more powerful position in some ways than the Presidency? Gingrich, Hastert, Pelosi, Boehner, Ryan? Were they in some ways more powerful than Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump, and Biden?

If so, then the question would be why Trump would even consider running for President again if he is more effective in a different position? The last couple of Presidents have been very polarizing. The more polarizing the person the less effective he can potentially be.

shrug...

It depends on the voters in the relevant states.
Let's say you were there in Alaska as a voter. Would you vote for someone who hasn't been in politics in years, and resigned before his/her term was up, therefore having someone in the position that no one voted for, and you potentially don't agree with? Could you trust that person who was voted in by you, and then just up and left?

Palin may be dumb, but Kamala is way worse.

In fact, this is wholly untrue. I am no fan of Harris (search my posts from just yesterday about her) but Palin is on a differant plane.

Back
Top Bottom