• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just want to let people know....

enderpotato00

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I DON'T love Trump, I DON'T hate Trump. I can understand why people don't like him. I don't like when Trump acts very immaturely, and rudely. Thats not how a president should act. However, the mainstream media attacks him WAY TOO MUCH. Its always Trump, Trump, Trump. And yes, there are things I do agree with Trump about. Illegal immigrants needed to be deported and come back when they go through the process LEGALLY. A TEMPORARY (have to put this in caps, b/c people seem to never understand) muslim ban until the vetting process is improved.

Was Trump the best choice? No. But since he's president, I will support him, and will criticize stuff I don't agree with him on. Conservatives seem to act more maturely when he won. Whereas the left (and yes not all) acted like children, and couldn't accept the outcome.

However, I don't think Trump is hurting this country. All of what the left claims is just fear-mongering crap. Thats just me though. Your thoughts?

I DON'T love Trump, I DON'T hate Trump. I can understand why people don't like him. I don't like when Trump acts very immaturely, and rudely. Thats not how a president should act. However, the mainstream media attacks him WAY TOO MUCH. Its always Trump, Trump, Trump. And yes, there are things I do agree with Trump about. Illegal immigrants needed to be deported and come back when they go through the process LEGALLY. A TEMPORARY (have to put this in caps, b/c people seem to never understand) muslim ban until the vetting process is improved.

However, I don't think Trump is hurting this country. All of what the left claims is just fear-mongering crap. Thats just me though. Your thoughts?

You dont seem to mind trumps constant daily lying about anything you can think of.
What is wrong with the vetting we have now, its worked quite well.

You dont seem to mind trumps constant daily lying about anything you can think of.
What is wrong with the vetting we have now, its worked quite well.

Yes, he is a politician. Politicians LIE. This is nothing new. I just hope that Trump will do a good job.

Well, part of it is "people who just assume that all of what the left claims is just fear-mongering crap".
That kind of intellectual laziness is pretty ****ing ghastly.

Well, part of it is "people who just assume that all of what the left claims is just fear-mongering crap".
That kind of intellectual laziness is pretty ****ing ghastly.

A lot of the left does do fear-mongering crap.

Yes, he is a politician. Politicians LIE. This is nothing new. I just hope that Trump will do a good job.

Trump has failed the middle class, and NO ONE has ever lied even a fraction as much as Trump

A lot of the left does do fear-mongering crap.

There simply isn't even any point in you participating in any kind of political discussion. Why bother?
All of what the Left does is fearmongering crap...The End.

videoblocks-a-retro-old-fashioned-wizard-of-oz-style-the-end-movie-or-film-end-title-page-includes-three-distressed-film-options-plus-normal-clean-version_blyaml72x_thumbnail-full09.png

"Trump is good because I hate Jerry Brown, and all the stuff the Left says is fearmongering crap"

videoblocks-a-retro-old-fashioned-wizard-of-oz-style-the-end-movie-or-film-end-title-page-includes-three-distressed-film-options-plus-normal-clean-version_blyaml72x_thumbnail-full09.png

Nanny nanny boo boo.

Wow, excellent debate skills there, spud.

"Trump is good because I hate Jerry Brown, and all the stuff the Left says is fearmongering crap"

Nanny nanny boo boo.

Wow, excellent debate skills there, spud.

I removed the Jerry Brown argument b/c it was stupid. And ah look, another leftist making fun of me instead of actually trying to argue. lol.

You're the one who just took a giant **** on everyone who doesn't agree with your politics, why should I do your work for you?

Hell are you talking about? Oh I don't agree with them, so I'm ****ting on them automatically?

I can say this much, it's going to be a lot of fun ten years from now when you're twenty-seven, and we get to look back on the sheltered life you led at age seventeen, you know, back when you knew everything already, and nothing anyone in power did had any effect on your life...yet.

Hell are you talking about? Oh I don't agree with them, so I'm ****ting on them automatically?

No, throwing out a blanket statement that everything the Left says is bullcrap is ****ting on them automatically.

Was Trump the best choice? No. But since he's president, I will support him, and will criticize stuff I don't agree with him on. Conservatives seem to act more maturely when he won. Whereas the left (and yes not all) acted like children, and couldn't accept the outcome.

I think you cut Trump more slack than you cut Obama.

If Trump isn't hurting the country, then no way was Obama.

And Trump isn't being treated worse by the left than Obama was by the right (including by Trump).

I can say this much, it's going to be a lot of fun ten years from now when you're twenty-seven, and we get to look back on the sheltered life you led at age seventeen, you know, back when you knew everything already, and nothing anyone in power did had any effect on your life...yet.

Really.

When did I say I knew everything? I didn't. I never claimed this was absolute fact. Jesus dude.

I think you cut Trump more slack than you cut Obama.

If Trump isn't hurting the country, then no way was Obama.

And Trump isn't being treated worse by the left than Obama was by the right (including by Trump).

I never saw a single conservative go and throw a tantrum after Obama won.

No, throwing out a blanket statement that everything the Left says is bullcrap is ****ting on them automatically.

But when people basically **** on the right, it's ok? I guess I don't get it. I've never understood the liberal logic.

I never saw a single conservative go and throw a tantrum after Obama won.

The entire eight years was a tantrum.
Mitch McConnell saw to it that NOTHING with Obama's name on it was going to get any traction.
Are you really that unawares?

Republicans were the face of RECORD OBSTRUCTIONISM during Obama's entire eight year tenure.

Republicans walked away from a bipartisan Senate compromise, placing the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance at risk. [12/20/11]

91 Republicans walked away from the measure to extend the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance, and GOP leadership relied on 147 Democrats to pass it. [2/17/12]

Republicans walked away from the bipartisan Senate highway bill, which passed the Senate with 74 votes. [February-June 2012]

Republicans introduced their budget, which walked away from the Budget Control Act spending levels they agreed to in August 2011 [March 20, 2012]

93 Republicans walked away from reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank, and GOP leadership relied on 183 Democrats to pass the bill. [5/9/12]
52 Republicans walked away from a conference report to provide long-term highway funding, and GOP leadership relied on 187 Democrats to pass it. [6/29/12]

Republicans walked away from American workers by allowing part of the Trade Adjustment Assistance program, which provides critical job training and worker assistance, to expire. [12/31/13]

Republicans walked away from 1.3 million Americans by blocking consideration of legislation to renew emergency unemployment insurance, which expired on December 28. [1/9/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before April 1, 2014. [1/15/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before July 1, 2014. [1/28/14]

Republicans walked away from the Fair Minimum Wage Act, which increases the federal minimum wage for employees to $10.10 an hour. [2/26/14, 2/27/14, 4/2/14, 4/4/14, 4/29/14, 7/30/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before January 1, 2015. [3/5/14, 3/6/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before June 1, 2014. The measure Republicans voted against was identical to a bill that passed the Senate with bipartisan support. [4/8/14, 5/7/14]

Republicans walked away from the Bowles-Simpson Bipartisan Fiscal Commission. [12/3/10]

54 Republicans walked away from a Continuing Resolution that would keep the government funded for three weeks, and GOP leadership relied on 85 Democrats to pass the bill. [3/15/11]

59 Republicans walked away from a Continuing Resolution that would keep the government funded for the year, and GOP leadership relied on 81 Democrats to pass the bill. [4/14/11]

Majority Leader Cantor walked away from the Biden deficit reduction talks. [6/23/11]

Speaker Boehner walked away from deficit reduction negotiations with President Obama. [7/22/11]

66 Republicans walked away from a bill that would have ensured our nation paid its bills, and GOP leadership relied on 95 Democrats in order to avoid default and ensure America would meet its obligations. [8/1/11]

101 Republicans walked away from a conference report for the Agriculture, Commerce-Justice-Science, and Transportation-HUD appropriations bills for Fiscal Year 2012, and GOP leadership relied on 165 Democrats to pass the bill. [11/17/11]
Republicans walked away from the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction. [11/21/11]

86 Republicans walked away from the omnibus for the remaining nine appropriations bill for Fiscal Year 2012, and GOP leadership relied on 149 Democrats to pass the bill.[12/16/11]

151 Republicans walked away from preventing the fiscal cliff, and GOP leadership relied on 172 Democrats to pass the bill. [1/1/13]
Republicans walked away from the American people and refused to work with House Democrats to replace the sequester, allowing arbitrary, across-the-board spending cuts to go into effect. [2/1/13]

221 Republicans walked away from meeting our nation’s debt obligations by passing H.R. 807, the Pay China First Bill, placing America closer to the risk of default. [5/ 9/13]

144 Republicans walked away from ending the government shutdown, and GOP leadership relied on 198 Democrats to end it, which cost the economy $24 billion. [10/16/13]

[FONT=&quot]
  • In the days immediately after Hurricane Sandy, 69 Republicans walked away from extending the National Flood Insurance program as families and businesses were actively assessing storm damage and making claims, and GOP leadership relied on 193 Democrats to keep the program operating. [1/4/13]
    [/FONT]
  • House Republican leadership refused to bring the Sandy supplemental aid bill to the Floor after the Senate passed it with strong bipartisan support. When a bill was brought to the Floor, 179 Republicans walked away from businesses and families affected by Hurricane Sandy, and GOP leadership relied on 192 Democrats to pass the bill. [1/15/13]

Guess what's making its way through Congress right now? An aid package for the victims of Florence.
Notice how Democrats ARE NOT trying to choke off funding?

Last edited:
The entire eight years was a tantrum.
Mitch McConnell saw to it that NOTHING with Obama's name on it was going to get any traction.
Are you really that unawares?

Republicans were the face of RECORD OBSTRUCTIONISM during Obama's entire eight year tenure.

Republicans walked away from a bipartisan Senate compromise, placing the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance at risk. [12/20/11]

91 Republicans walked away from the measure to extend the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance, and GOP leadership relied on 147 Democrats to pass it. [2/17/12]

Republicans walked away from the bipartisan Senate highway bill, which passed the Senate with 74 votes. [February-June 2012]

Republicans introduced their budget, which walked away from the Budget Control Act spending levels they agreed to in August 2011 [March 20, 2012]

93 Republicans walked away from reauthorizing the Export-Import Bank, and GOP leadership relied on 183 Democrats to pass the bill. [5/9/12]
52 Republicans walked away from a conference report to provide long-term highway funding, and GOP leadership relied on 187 Democrats to pass it. [6/29/12]

Republicans walked away from American workers by allowing part of the Trade Adjustment Assistance program, which provides critical job training and worker assistance, to expire. [12/31/13]

Republicans walked away from 1.3 million Americans by blocking consideration of legislation to renew emergency unemployment insurance, which expired on December 28. [1/9/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before April 1, 2014. [1/15/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before July 1, 2014. [1/28/14]

Republicans walked away from the Fair Minimum Wage Act, which increases the federal minimum wage for employees to $10.10 an hour. [2/26/14, 2/27/14, 4/2/14, 4/4/14, 4/29/14, 7/30/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before January 1, 2015. [3/5/14, 3/6/14]

Republicans walked away from extending emergency unemployment assistance for people who lost their jobs on or before June 1, 2014. The measure Republicans voted against was identical to a bill that passed the Senate with bipartisan support. [4/8/14, 5/7/14]

Republicans walked away from the Bowles-Simpson Bipartisan Fiscal Commission. [12/3/10]

54 Republicans walked away from a Continuing Resolution that would keep the government funded for three weeks, and GOP leadership relied on 85 Democrats to pass the bill. [3/15/11]

59 Republicans walked away from a Continuing Resolution that would keep the government funded for the year, and GOP leadership relied on 81 Democrats to pass the bill. [4/14/11]

Majority Leader Cantor walked away from the Biden deficit reduction talks. [6/23/11]

Speaker Boehner walked away from deficit reduction negotiations with President Obama. [7/22/11]

66 Republicans walked away from a bill that would have ensured our nation paid its bills, and GOP leadership relied on 95 Democrats in order to avoid default and ensure America would meet its obligations. [8/1/11]

101 Republicans walked away from a conference report for the Agriculture, Commerce-Justice-Science, and Transportation-HUD appropriations bills for Fiscal Year 2012, and GOP leadership relied on 165 Democrats to pass the bill. [11/17/11]
Republicans walked away from the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction. [11/21/11]

86 Republicans walked away from the omnibus for the remaining nine appropriations bill for Fiscal Year 2012, and GOP leadership relied on 149 Democrats to pass the bill.[12/16/11]

151 Republicans walked away from preventing the fiscal cliff, and GOP leadership relied on 172 Democrats to pass the bill. [1/1/13]
Republicans walked away from the American people and refused to work with House Democrats to replace the sequester, allowing arbitrary, across-the-board spending cuts to go into effect. [2/1/13]

221 Republicans walked away from meeting our nation’s debt obligations by passing H.R. 807, the Pay China First Bill, placing America closer to the risk of default. [5/ 9/13]

144 Republicans walked away from ending the government shutdown, and GOP leadership relied on 198 Democrats to end it, which cost the economy $24 billion. [10/16/13]

Ok. So both sides bitch about the other. Just because your older, doesn't mean your automatically right. I may be young, so I may be wrong, but you aren't automatically right b/c you are older.

Ok. So both sides bitch about the other. Just because your older, doesn't mean your automatically right. I may be young, so I may be wrong, but you aren't automatically right b/c you are older.

Stop acting like a squirrel and running all over the road.

You just started paying attention a year ago, congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom