• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just want to let people know....

You just started paying attention a year ago, congratulations.

And this is why I hate politics. All it is really is, is both sides (Democrats and Republicans) bitching about the other, and never offering or compromising, so they both **** on the president.

I never saw a single conservative go and throw a tantrum after Obama won.

Well, that's quite a slippery statement.

If you didn't see it, then you weren't looking. Or you have a narrow definition of tantrum which carefully includes leftist behavior and carefully excludes the behavior of the right.

And you had Trump leading the charge saying Obama wasn't even legitimately the president.

Well, that's quite a slippery statement.

If you didn't see it, then you weren't looking. Or you have a narrow definition of tantrum which carefully includes leftist behavior and carefully excludes the behavior of the right.

And you had Trump leading the charge saying Obama wasn't even legitimately the president.

This is politics, folks. Make fun of the other side. I realize now. No one is right. Both parties SUCK ASS.

[FONT="]
  • In the days immediately after Hurricane Sandy, 69 Republicans walked away from extending the National Flood Insurance program as families and businesses were actively assessing storm damage and making claims, and GOP leadership relied on 193 Democrats to keep the program operating. [1/4/13]
    [/FONT]
  • House Republican leadership refused to bring the Sandy supplemental aid bill to the Floor after the Senate passed it with strong bipartisan support. When a bill was brought to the Floor, 179 Republicans walked away from businesses and families affected by Hurricane Sandy, and GOP leadership relied on 192 Democrats to pass the bill. [1/15/13]

Guess what's making its way through Congress right now? An aid package for the victims of Florence.
Notice how Democrats ARE NOT trying to choke off funding?

Yea that's great. Republicans don't represent conservatives.

Yes, he is a politician. Politicians LIE. This is nothing new. I just hope that Trump will do a good job.

Politician #1: lying 1/100 claims on mostly unimportant stuff
Politician #2: lying 1/50 claims on mostly unimportant stuff, but a few important things
Politician #3: lying 1/2 claims on everything big and small, and is evidenced by their own contradictory recorded statements

Each politician is a liar, so you believe there is NO SIGNIFICANT distinction between them? That would be absurd. Surely you don't mean that because all politicians lie, therefore lies don't matter.

That fact is Trump is a terrible human being, a terrible role-model/leader, a terrible president, appears compromised by Russia, had a campaign riddled with felons, and has had more scandals and most of which are of his own direct making, than any other president, ever.

The idea that this is all "OK", is too absurd to believe. ICE under Obama also deported illegal immigrants. Immigrant advocates called Obama the deporter-in-chief. And I don't get how that's some #1 ticket item for the nation for a president, personally. Trump was just lamenting about Kavenaugh's poor children having to hear about their father's high school days...where was Trump crying for hte children he tore from their families for weeks and months, then lost the families? No, even by Trump's own standards, he ****ed up immigration too.

I could go on. Trump met the threshold for needing to be removed after just a few months in office. Now Republicans will pay every day, every week, every month he remains in office, and mostly they will pay as a result of Trump's own stupid scandals and press conferences and tweets.

Ok. So both sides bitch about the other. Just because your older, doesn't mean your automatically right. I may be young, so I may be wrong, but you aren't automatically right b/c you are older.

When health care reform was being debated, you were in fourth grade.
Did you ever even BOTHER to find out WHY health care reform even became an issue in the first place?
Does ANYONE in your family have any serious health care issues at all?

When the issue arose, families were burying loved ones who could be saved except their health insurance imposed things like "spending caps" on treatment, so instead of a lifesaving medicine or procedure, families were simply told that their coverage had run out.

Read that carefully, many of these people were suffering from conditions, injuries or illnesses which were TREATABLE, or which COULD BE treated, except the insurance companies just arbitrarily cut their coverage off, even if they had a policy, a FULLY PAID UP policy.
It didn't matter, the insurance company would just tell the doctor or hospital that they were no longer going to cover that patient anymore.

If you had ANY of the following, chances were almost certain that you would be declared INELIGIBLE for a health insurance policy with any of the major insurers:

AIDS/HIV
Acne
Acid Reflux
Asthma
Alcohol or drug abuse with recent treatment
Alzheimer’s/dementia
Anorexia
Arthritis
Asthma
Bulimia
Cancer
C-Section
Celiac Disease
Cerebral palsy
Chronic lung disease
Congestive heart failure
Coronary artery/heart disease, bypass surgery
Crohn’s disease
Diabetes
Epilepsy
Hemophilia
Hepatitis
High blood pressure
Heart burn
Heart disease
High cholesterol
Hip surgery
Hysterectomy
Kidney disease, renal failure
Kidney Stones
Knee surgery
Lupus
Lyme Disease
Mental disorders (including Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Schizophrenia)
Migraines
Multiple sclerosis
Muscular dystrophy
Narcolepsy
Obesity
Organ transplant
Osteoarthritis and other joint disorders
Pacemaker
Paraplegia
Paralysis
Parkinson’s disease
Pending surgery or hospitalization
Pneumocystic pneumonia
Postpartum depression
Pregnancy or expectant parent (includes men)
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Seizures
Sleep apnea
Stroke
Transsexualism
Ulcers

That's just a partial list, by the way.

If you DID get coverage, your "preexisting condition" was specifically EXCLUDED from your policy.

And this is why I hate politics. All it is really is, is both sides (Democrats and Republicans) bitching about the other, and never offering or compromising, so they both **** on the president.

That's the cop-out statement of the year.
And that's all you've got?

You probably shouldn't study or ask any questions, you might have to learn something.
That would be scary, you might change your mind on something.

I DON'T love Trump, I DON'T hate Trump. I can understand why people don't like him. I don't like when Trump acts very immaturely, and rudely. Thats not how a president should act. However, the mainstream media attacks him WAY TOO MUCH. Its always Trump, Trump, Trump. And yes, there are things I do agree with Trump about. Illegal immigrants needed to be deported and come back when they go through the process LEGALLY. A TEMPORARY (have to put this in caps, b/c people seem to never understand) muslim ban until the vetting process is improved.

Was Trump the best choice? No. But since he's president, I will support him, and will criticize stuff I don't agree with him on. Conservatives seem to act more maturely when he won. Whereas the left (and yes not all) acted like children, and couldn't accept the outcome.

However, I don't think Trump is hurting this country. All of what the left claims is just fear-mongering crap. Thats just me though. Your thoughts?

Liberals aren't upset because they lost and righties won. They're upset because we elected possibly the most unfit President in our lifetime, and possibly one of the worst in all history. The man is criminal, incompetent, a pathological liar, a disgusting sexual predator, and is eroding our institutions on a daily basis. He is not being attacked, he is being called out for what he is; all you need to do is look at his flippin Twitter feed to see how the Oval Office is being occupied by a petty clown manchild who doesn't live within the realm of reality and who wouldn't know the first thing about sensible policy if it jumped up and bitchslapped him in the face.

Deportation of non-violent illegals serves absolutely zero purpose other than to waste resources on harming people who would otherwise be assets. A "temporary" Muslim ban is not only nonsensical but unconstitutional. How about we start banning white males from buying guns while we "figure out" why they keep on shooting up public places while we're at it.

I find it absolutely incredible that conservatives, with zero shame, are tolerating behavior from Trump that they would have [figuratively] lynched Obama for.

You probably shouldn't study or ask any questions, you might have to learn something.

No b/c I don't trust Liberals or even right-wing media.

No I'll probably just be taught propaganda from the left. Again I don't trust very many anymore.

Ok. Here's my words: Get over it. Trump's the president now, and you can't do **** about it.

Ok. Here's my words: Get over it. Trump's the president now, and you can't do **** about it.

You should probably talk to people in his cabinet. They're the ones who were briefly pondering 25A solutions.
Based on his unhinged act today, they may be considering a fresh look.

No b/c I don't trust Liberals or even right-wing media.

Liberals and right wing media? I think you have your wings messed up at this point.
Yeah, anyway that's the ticket. Must. Keep. Mind. Closed.
Everything is propaganda.

Right, gotcha.

I DON'T love Trump, I DON'T hate Trump. I can understand why people don't like him. I don't like when Trump acts very immaturely, and rudely. Thats not how a president should act. However, the mainstream media attacks him WAY TOO MUCH. Its always Trump, Trump, Trump. And yes, there are things I do agree with Trump about. Illegal immigrants needed to be deported and come back when they go through the process LEGALLY. A TEMPORARY (have to put this in caps, b/c people seem to never understand) muslim ban until the vetting process is improved.

Was Trump the best choice? No. But since he's president, I will support him, and will criticize stuff I don't agree with him on. Conservatives seem to act more maturely when he won. Whereas the left (and yes not all) acted like children, and couldn't accept the outcome.

However, I don't think Trump is hurting this country. All of what the left claims is just fear-mongering crap. Thats just me though. Your thoughts?

That's a perfectly reasonable, and mostly accurate viewpoint. I will make 1 correction. The media and the democrats were LYING when they kept referring to the limited & temporary travel restrictions as a "Muslim ban". There was to be a VERY limited number of countries that were affected TEMPORARILY by the aforementioned travel restrictions. In truth, over 90% of the world's Muslim population were COMPLETELY UNAFFECTED by the restrictions. In other words, Muslims were NOT "banned". It only applied to roughly 6 countries that had been accurately labeled terrorist hotspots by the Obama admin. So it made obvious & perfect sense to be careful not to just let the floodgates open to every country with LOTS of people who want to kill us! This was just another obvious and undeniable example of ideological and political propaganda, being pushed by a biased media...

That's a perfectly reasonable, and mostly accurate viewpoint. I will make 1 correction. The media and the democrats were LYING when they kept referring to the limited & temporary travel restrictions as a "Muslim ban". There was to be a VERY limited number of countries that were affected TEMPORARILY by the aforementioned travel restrictions. In truth, over 90% of the world's Muslim population were COMPLETELY UNAFFECTED by the restrictions. In other words, Muslims were NOT "banned". It only applied to roughly 6 countries that had been accurately labeled terrorist hotspots by the Obama admin. So it made obvious & perfect sense to be careful not to just let the floodgates open to every country with LOTS of people who want to kill us! This was just another obvious and undeniable example of ideological and political propaganda, being pushed by a biased media...

Finally someone that actually understands what I'm saying and is smart.

I see where you're coming from, ender. And I was about to like your post until I saw you say you were still supporting Trump after everything he's done, and then went onto attack the Left like the uneducated reactionary you are. If you really want to sell your ideas, the last thing to do is attack the very people that hold the determination of the success of that exchange in their very hands...

I see where you're coming from, ender. And I was about to like your post until I saw you say you were still supporting Trump after everything he's done, and then went onto attack the Left like the uneducated reactionary you are. If you really want to sell your ideas, the last thing to do is attack the very people that hold the determination of the success of that exchange in their very hands...

I didn't support Trump on everything. I didn't like him bombing Syria, or creating tariffs.

Wrong quote..

Last edited:

If you are truly sick of knee-jerk, reactionary behavior, then shouldn't you be critical of the way that so many leftists behave on a daily basis when it comes to Trump and republicans? Rarely do we hear anything other than reactionary behavior, and a LOT of it is illustrated by educated people, including teachers, professors and journalists. Some are openly supporting arbitrary violence against anyone who happens to be protesting against 'progressive' policies. It's leftists who are claiming that the country is at risk of being taken over by Nazis and fascists after all....

Quite frankly, I'm a little tired of the arrogant, condescending attitudes of some educated people, who seem to think education automatically equals brilliance and superior ideas, and who like to insult and ridicule people who "aren't as educated as I am, therefore not as valuable to society". History is filled with 'educated people' who led their countries to disaster.

If you are truly sick of knee-jerk, reactionary behavior, then shouldn't you be critical of the way that so many leftists behave on a daily basis when it comes to Trump and republicans? Rarely do we hear anything other than reactionary behavior, and a LOT of it is illustrated by educated people, including teachers, professors and journalists. Some are openly supporting arbitrary violence against anyone who happens to be protesting against 'progressive' policies. It's leftists who are claiming that the country is at risk of being taken over by Nazis and fascists after all....

Quite frankly, I'm a little tired of the arrogant, condescending attitudes of some educated people, who seem to think education automatically equals brilliance and superior ideas, and who like to insult and ridicule people who "aren't as educated as I am, therefore not as valuable to society". History is filled with 'educated people' who led their countries to disaster.

Oh, so we're going to forget about the open avowed NAZI that was running for that senate seat a few months back? Or Charlottesville? Or the numerous other hate crimes and religious extremist ********wingbats that have been all over the news...?

When was the last time an open unabashed Communist/Soviet was running for US office? The answer is... never.

Here! Hear!

If his opponent had won, the country would be even more divisive than it is today.

Back
Top Bottom