• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Just....too damn funny

tecoyah

Illusionary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
You just cant make this sh!t up.....

"Election Update: Do-Over on First Ballot

By Ben Pershing
Roll Call Staff

Thursday, Feb. 2

House Republicans are taking a mulligan on the first ballot for Majority Leader. The first count showed more votes cast than Republicans present at the Conference meeting. Stay with RollCall.com for updates."

http://rollcall.com/issues/1_1/breakingnews/12015-1.html

tecoyah said:
You just cant make this sh!t up.....

"Election Update: Do-Over on First Ballot

By Ben Pershing
Roll Call Staff

Thursday, Feb. 2

House Republicans are taking a mulligan on the first ballot for Majority Leader. The first count showed more votes cast than Republicans present at the Conference meeting. Stay with RollCall.com for updates."

http://rollcall.com/issues/1_1/breakingnews/12015-1.html

:roll:
here we go again:lol:

Interesting. So someone present, who wasn't Republican, voted Republican. Very interesting.

KCConservative said:
Interesting. So someone present, who wasn't Republican, voted Republican. Very interesting.

Um....I'm pretty sure everyone casting secret Ballots in a vote for the republican majority leader......is Republican.

I could be wrong but....hey...keep on pluggin'

tecoyah said:
Um....I'm pretty sure everyone casting secret Ballots in a vote for the republican majority leader......is Republican.

I could be wrong but....hey...keep on pluggin'

I love how KC tried to blame the democrats for this. LMAO!

This is hilarious!

KCConservative said:
:lol: Nah, there were just a few of them who forgot that they couldn't do repugnican business as usual, they forgot that they can't vote twice as they usually do. :doh

It is funny, these politicians cheat even when it's not necessary!:lol:

steen said:
:lol: Nah, there were just a few of them who forgot that they couldn't do repugnican business as usual, they forgot that they can't vote twice as they usually do. :doh

YES! More wholly unsubstantiated, self-discrediting conspiracy theories! I love arguing with liberals. :roll:

But to conspire against your ownself.....

PRICELESS

:rofl :2wave:

aquapub said:
YES! More wholly unsubstantiated, self-discrediting conspiracy theories! I love arguing with liberals. :roll:

Do you even SEE how stupid that statement is.....here...I'll make it easy for you:

Ten people are in a room.

Ten People Vote for something.

Eleven ballots are cast.

Someone voted twice.

Logic...try it sometime

Well they finally got it right, here is our new majority leader.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202...uuGbToC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

And an explaination.....

"The election was marked by confusion for a time when it appeared that the number of ballots cast exceeded the number of eligible voters by one. It turned out that clerks had left Luis Fortuno, the resident commissioner of Puerto Rico, off their list. He is not allowed to vote on the House floor, but does have voting rights in the GOP's internal deliberations."

In my opinion, when they're all republicans, no one is the winner. At least the new guy's from Ohio. Bring on the Pork!

Mikkel said:
In my opinion, when they're all republicans, no one is the winner. At least the new guy's from Ohio. Bring on the Pork!

How quaint!:roll:

Mikkel said:
Don't roll your eyes at me! ;)

I was being ironic (sort of).:smile:

Well I was still reeling from our last encounter, I guess I am just tired of, "all republicans are bad" and the like. This guy will be a fresh face, and he is a great pick in my opinion, honest, effective, and responsible.

aquapub said:
Really? "arguing"? WHere? Oh, I get it, you posted one post and demonstrated a complete lack of humor, and claimed an argument. :roll:

(LOL. Guess we are arguing about arguing, then?)

Deegan said:
Well I was still reeling from our last encounter, I guess I am just tired of, "all republicans are bad" and the like. This guy will be a fresh face, and he is a great pick in my opinion, honest, effective, and responsible.

Shadegg would have been much better. Boehner suddenly discovered the evils of pork-barrel spending when he started campaigning for this position.

Deegan said:

In all seriousness, aside from the fact that I disagree with some of his views, I have no problem with him. And to be clear, I don't think all republicans are bad. Trajan just winds me up sometimes because he often, clearly, takes extremely partisan positions and it's hard not to respond.

I'm glad that he's a step away from the whole DeLay scandal, which Blunt wouldn't have been, and that he's out to reform congress and put an end to that kind of corruption (in both parties).

Mikkel said:
In all seriousness, aside from the fact that I disagree with some of his views, I have no problem with him. And to be clear, I don't think all republicans are bad. Trajan just winds me up sometimes because he often, clearly, takes extremely partisan positions and it's hard not to respond.

I'm glad that he's a step away from the whole DeLay scandal, which Blunt wouldn't have been, and that he's out to reform congress and put an end to that kind of corruption (in both parties).

We agree then, I was disappointed when he(Blunt) was named, even temporarily.;)

Deegan said:

So the guy who was handing out checks from the tobacco lobby on the floor of the house is an honest, responsible guy? :roll:

I've got some nice real estate to sell you in New Orleans.

hipsterdufus said:
So the guy who was handing out checks from the tobacco lobby on the floor of the house is an honest, responsible guy? :roll:

I've got some nice real estate to sell you in New Orleans.

You say "tabacco" like it makes me squirm or something professor, it does not. "Tobacoo" is a long time business, that will not be slandered, just because some may have added harmful ingrediants. Those companies have paid, and paid through the nose, I am glad we had such wealth to dish out! I will not go in to a great debate here, but I know some farmers who might want to have a talk with you................... don't wet yourself professor, I mean here, lol!;)

As for the money changing hands...............please sir, don't even go there, unless you can change the rules. You can you know, you could vote Democratic.:rofl

aps said:
I love how KC tried to blame the democrats for this. LMAO!

This is hilarious!

Is that what I did, aps? Show me, because somehow we all missed where I said anything even close to that. I'm sick of your disingenuine and misleading characterizations of me. Stop it.

KCConservative said:

Lets see here...Someone present, who wasnt republican....hmmm....guess you could have meant that pesky communist hiding in the room.

hipsterdufus said:

Funny how some people forget about that ethical move on his part.

KCConservative said:
Is that what I did, aps? Show me, because somehow we all missed where I said anything even close to that. I'm sick of your disingenuine and misleading characterizations of me. Stop it.

Here's what you said:

What else am I to infer from that, huh, KC? Who else could you be talking about if you're talking about someone in the house who is NOT a republican. I don't recall that we have anyone who is an "independent" in the house. When essentially all you do is attack democrats, why wouldn't I have come to that conclusion?

Back
Top Bottom