• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Just tell me what you think.

American economic policy has been to support state-sponsored terrorism - they are against that also ;)

A party doesnt have to be a contracting party to the Geneva Convention to be afforded its rights. Perhaps familiarise yourself with the articles of the Convention...

Parmenion said:
A party doesnt have to be a contracting party to the Geneva Convention to be afforded its rights. Perhaps familiarise yourself with the articles of the Convention...

Parmenion you should familiarize yourself with the Geneva conventions again, as I have, because apparently you do not know what it says. http://www.genevaconventions.org/

This is a nice explanation:
“Civilians detained for security reasons must be accorded the protections provided for in the Fourth Geneva Convention. Combatants who do not fulfil the requisite criteria for POW status (who, for example, do not carry arms openly) or civilians who have taken a direct part in hostilities in an international armed conflict (so-called ‘unprivileged‘ or ‘unlawful‘ belligerents) are protected by the Fourth Geneva Convention provided they are enemy nationals.
Contrary to POWs such persons may, however, be tried under the domestic law of the detaining state for taking up arms, as well as for any criminal acts they may have committed. They may be imprisoned until any sentence imposed has been served.”

http://www.icrc.org/Web/Eng/siteeng0.nsf/iwpList575/0F32B7E3BB38DD26C1256E8A0055F83E

I would prefer the sentence of hanging them.

I must repeat the demand again with a slight change now that you have eliminated high contracting parties:

“Give me the coordinates of the capital city of the Nation (that is not a high contracting party to the Geneva Convention) that claims al-Qaida as their volunteer corps, we need it for our targeting computers.”

All you need are two things to be a dangerous terrorist, a cause, and a dishonorable belief that allows you to wage war using civilian disguise. Since the use of civilian disguise to wage warfare is an untruth and satanic deception, therefore those that have the belief that they can wage war using civilian guise cannot be trusted even if they swear against violence. Since steps will be taken to make us safe from the dishonorable, that in itself gives a cause. Solon’s laws prompted the analogy that the laws of man are like a spiders web, it has not changed. Socrates’ apology before drinking the poison proves he was an intelligent, honorable, loving, and very brave man. Our history teaches us that causes are way too easy to come by, but an honorable belief makes civilization possible. An honorable belief has to be one of the greatest gifts of love that we can give to our progeny, for without honor all you bequeath is savagery. What does your belief make you? It is never too late to teach what is right.

And your comments with regard to America sponsoring state-terrorism since WW2?

Parmenion said:
And your comments with regard to America sponsoring state-terrorism since WW2?

You have stated previously that “a volunteer corps (al-Qaida) must be regarded as prisoners of war,” so why should I help you with your morally relativistic propaganda?

You have not admitted that I proved you are wrong in that matter!

Our countries are only as good as our people, and each of us are only as good as what we believe. Unlike most of the nations on earth We the People of the United States are enfranchised to change beliefs, just as we can change our government.

See someone that even implies that an Al Quacka is some honorable volunteer corps, it is a duty to jump on them and prove them wrong.

It is a tragedy and a crime when an honorable person has to be humiliated and searched before getting on public transportation, and you are responsible for that crime.

The questions were asked back in 2002, after a Hamas leader had called for the killing of our troops in Iraq using suicide apparatus, while I was juxtaposing this was just one typical type response from an ignorant “liberal“ Democrat:

“ 2). Why not go on record as to whether you agree with your ‘liberal‘ comrade that Osama is ‘playing by the rules of warfare?’ What about Hamas and other terrorist groups?

This one, believe it or not is fairly straight forward... Terrorist groups fight with the weapons they have available... Hamas and other groups don't have airplanes, tanks and the like to fight the Israelis... So they use the only weapons avaiable to them.... The problem I have is the killing of innocent people... If they want to blow up the Israeli military.. GO FOR IT!!”

You can find such responses on numerous message boards in America, usually the KKK type conservatives and ignorant “liberal” Democrats give them. But, I did have a Democrat with a philosophically handicapped degree in political science will say that “the colonists were terrorists,” and obviously as is typical he brought up the stinking French!

I say that any American that agrees with such a “GO FOR IT,” and defends such a “GO FOR IT,“ is a traitor to this country and to all that is decent and honorable. Such treasonous beliefs cannot be trusted to be free, for their belief in the use of dishonorable civilian disguise to wage warfare means that intent to commit a crime cannot be determined until too late. We cannot be trusted to become a spacefaring race as long as any terrorist according to their “own ideas” of justice can just pop the bubble. I say that such dishonorable traitors should be deprived of their freedom and have every orifice searched for salami bombs, by an alien robot, every time they approach public transportation or any other civilization.

DivineComedy said:
2). Why not go on record as to whether you agree with your ‘liberal‘ comrade that Osama is ‘playing by the rules of warfare?’ What about Hamas and other terrorist groups?

Where did the liberal card come out of? Don't remember giving any political point of viwe in this forum to date in any way shape or form.

Parmenion said:
Where did the liberal card come out of? Don't remember giving any political point of viwe in this forum to date in any way shape or form.

Some people see the word “liberal” and freak out, and that is strange, but somewhat predictable. I think the reaction is a subconscious diversion, so you do not have to respond to the actual substance, admit you were wrong about the volunteer corps, or give me the coordinates.

It just so happens that many people who claim to be liberals, as the person that said Osama was “playing by the rules of warfare,” have some tyrannical moral rot of “by any means necessary.“ They are unorthodox and seem to have brain damage. And in that old 2002 topic where I asked the questions I also said that I thought that the moral rot was similar to what Saddam believed:

“Again we say that when someone feels that he is unjustly treated, and no one is repulsing or stopping the injustice inflicted on him, he personally seeks ways and means for lifting that justice. Of course, not everyone is capable of finding the best way for lifting the injustice inflicted on him. People resort to what they think is the best way according to their own ideas, and they are not all capable of reaching out for what is beyond what is available to arrive to the best idea or means.
To find the best way, after having found their way to God and His rights, those who are inflicted by injustice need not to be isolated from their natural milieu, or be ignored deliberately, or as a result of mis-appreciation, by the officials in this milieu. They should, rather, be reassured and helped to save themselves, and their surroundings.” (Saddam Hussein Shabban 13, 1422 H. October 29, 2001.)

When I once quoted that without saying who said it, a “liberal” Democrat, who was later a Kucinich supporter, thought I had come around, and they agreed with what I had said. That particular “liberal” also regularly claimed that everyone was brainwashed if they didn’t believe the way she did, and that is quite a tyrannical concept. Saddam in that section of his letter to us was describing the very nature of a terrorist/tyrant, taking the law into their own hands because they “feel” that they are unjustly treated. Only a tyrant would believe they have such rights above any social contract, it is in essence a Baathist/Nazi Nationalist get out the calipers to measure our skulls “survival of the fittest” type thing. They think they are gods because if we do not believe the way they do we should get on our knees to polish their idols or get blown up. And then Saddam says of such criminals that “They should, rather, be reassured and helped to save themselves, and their surroundings.” They are peas in a pod. Al Quacka was mis-appreciated and in danger of losing their Taliban surroundings on October 29, 2001. Also you do not have to read the seventh book of the Koran or be a rocket scientist to understand what “messengers” he was referring to in that letter. Our own fifth column Minister Louis Farrakhan also clearly referred to the terrorists as messengers in his response:

“Whenever a nation becomes great and powerful by God’s Permission, as America has; whenever a nation becomes the undisputed ruler of the world, as America has, by Allah’s Permission; when a nation becomes the only remaining superpower, having the power to destroy other nations and people by the tens of thousands and millions, as Allah has permitted America the power to do, and that nation then has a spiritual lapse and begins to sink into moral decline, the Qur’an teaches that Allah (God) raises a messenger, but he raises that messenger from among the poor and the abject to guide and to warn the great and the powerful.
Allah (God) knows that the powerful will not heed a warning coming from their ex-slave or from the weak or from the abject, so the Qur’an teaches that Allah (God) then seizes that nation with distress and affliction, that it might humble itself. For only in humility can the proud and the powerful heed the Guidance of God, which is mercy and grace from Himself. Allah (God) used this tragedy, hopefully, to bring a great nation to Himself.” http://www.noi.org/press-events/transcript_us.attacked09-16-2001.htm

I also deliberately mentioned “conservatives” in the above post to you, but really conservatives honorably folded the Confederate flag and did not become “liberal” and dishonorable terrorists like the IRA for instance.

Is Osama a liberal or a conservative? I would like to believe that he is an unorthodox “liberal” that thinks he is a conservative, still I have many unanswered questions about his book.

I also deliberately put the word “liberal” in quotes, in that question, for a special emphasis, because each person must define what they are. The word “liberal” has such a large definition, but I was on a board with many of them in the environment, so that is why the word was used. Labels do not always work as the book “Terror and Liberalism“ by Paul Berman proves in this instance; it is a book that I recommend. If you have not read it, you should.

I do not compare the Iraqi insurgents with the French resistance.

First, the French resistance were trying to restore a democratic, secular France. What are the insurgents fighting for? To restore the Baathist regime, kill the Americans because they are the enemy, and to kill as many Shia as possible.

But America didn't have to make a bad situation far worse this situation, by invading a stable country. Sure Saddam was a pretty sick bastard, but is he any worse than any other of the region's rulers?

By invading Iraq, Osama, and all the other Islamofacists get to say to "see didn't we tell you that the Christian crusaders are invading the lands of Islam?"

The best thing that any administration could have done, would have been to end the sanctions. The sanctions crippled Iraq, and strengthend Saddam's power base. How can a nation resist, when its people are on its knees? Also the thousands of children that died due to the sanctions also further inflammed Arab opinion.

For those that rationalise the war, by saying that Saddam has been outstead, let me pose this question. Is the loss of so much life proportional to bringing one man to justice?

Saddam was a dictator, but he was a secular one. All we are going to do in Iraq is replace a secular dictatorship, for a Shia theocracy. True America may bring democracy to the Middle east, but the democracy that we invisige in the West is not going to happen in the middle east. Because that region has not had any cultural revolutions that challenged Islam. The middle east has not had a history of pluralism, and secular thinking, that has forever changed the face of Europe, and America.

The democractic, free societies that we live in Australia, U.S, and Europe stem more from cultural thinking, more than any little political system, at a ballot box.

So democracy in the middle east can only happen, once the vast majority of the Arab world, understands the concept of secularism, pluralism, speperation of religion and state, and the concept of allowing minority rights.:cry:

Australianlibertarian said:
Is the loss of so much life proportional to bringing one man to justice?

Yes, but we were bringing Iraq to justice as the resolutions required “Iraq” to comply!

“Acting under Chapter VII of the Charter,
1. Demands that Iraq comply fully with resolution 660 (1990) and all subsequent relevant resolutions, and decides, while maintaining all its decisions, to allow Iraq one final opportunity, as a pause of goodwil, to do so;
2. Authorizes Member States co-operating with the Government of Kuwait, unless Iraq on or before 15 January 1991 fully implements, as set forth in paragraph 1 above, the foregoing resolutions, to use all necessary means to uphold and implement resolution 660 (1990) and all subsequent relevant resolutions and to restore international peace and security in the area;” http://www.dalebroux.com/assemblage/20030220UNRes678.asp

“Recalling that its resolution 678 (1990) authorized Member States to use all necessary means to uphold and implement its resolution 660 (1990) of 2 August 1990 and all relevant resolutions subsequent to Resolution 660 (1990) and to restore international peace and security in the area,” http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/11/08/resolution.text/

“Recalling that in its resolution 687 (1991) the Council declared that a ceasefire would be based on acceptance by Iraq of the provisions of that resolution, including the obligations on Iraq contained therein,” http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/11/08/resolution.text/

“H
32. Requires Iraq to inform the Security Council that it will not commit or support any act of international terrorism or allow any organization directed towards commission of such acts to operate within its territory and to condemn unequivocally and renounce all acts, methods and practices of terrorism;
I
33. Declares that, upon official notification by Iraq to the Secretary-General and to the Security Council of its acceptance of the provisions above, a formal cease-fire is effective between Iraq and Kuwait and the Member States cooperating with Kuwait in accordance with resolution 678 (1990);” http://www.fas.org/news/un/iraq/sres/sres0687.htm

“March 5, 2003: Bus bombing in Haifa. U.S. citizens killed: Abigail Leitel, 14, who was born in Lebanon, New Hampshire.” http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Terrorism/usvictims.html

“The suicide bomber was 20 years old, a student of the Hebron Polytechnic University (from which a large number of suicide bombers have emerged) and a member of the Hamas terrorist organization.” http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/861590/posts

March 13, 2003: “(CBS) Saddam Hussein has distributed $260,000 to 26 families of Palestinians killed in 29 months of fighting with Israel, including a $10,000 check to the family of a Hamas suicide bomber.

In a packed banquet hall on Wednesday, the families came one-by-one to receive their $10,000 checks. A large banner said: ‘The Arab Baath Party Welcomes the Families of the Martyrs for the Distribution of Blessings of Saddam Hussein.’“ http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/03/14/world/main543981.shtml

“SEC. 3. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.
(a) AUTHORIZATION. The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to
(1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and
(2) enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq.”
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/10/20021002-2.html

The purposes of the United Nations as outlined in Article One of the charter could not be fulfilled if we appeased Saddam’s regime. http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/chapter1.htm

DivineComedy said:
I thought that sounded familiar so I will only respond to that cut and paste as I did before:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=65050&postcount=34

Parmenion I will repeat the following demand:

“Give me the coordinates of the capital city of the High Contracting Party to the Geneva Conventions that claims al-Qaida as their volunteer corps, we need it for our targeting computers.”

In your first post, you seem to see (I do) the French resistance during WWII as legal. Then, could you communicate me the capital city of, etc etc.. ? Paris was in the hands of the Nazis and Petain. The French govt in exile had no address.
AQ is not a volunteer corps. They are terrorists. BUT there are a lot of Iraqis fighting the invasion that are NOT terrorists, but freedom fighters. The problem is that, in most cases, the US army is targeted by the freedom fighters, when the terrorists that try to reach power through a civil war attack Iraqis.
As we can all see, the main goal of the US army is to fight the freedom fighters. They care 'bout the terrorists well after that.
Isn't this a bit peculiar?

Since depending on due process you can possibly be held as a criminal and legally hung by the neck, after you surrender, before you complete your mission, for violating the contracted rules of warfare, the Geneva Conventions treaties we are a party to are not simply “guidelines” but law. There are US soldiers in US prisons for violating the rules of warfare in Iraq, do you understand that?

When dishonorable barbarians like you approach any civilization you should be searched with an anal probe as if you are going to explode, just for what we think you believe, and you should be followed everywhere you go under twenty-four hour surveillance, and that is only because modern day civilizations rarely have the stomach to exterminate entire tribes. Like Abraham we seem to think that there might be one among you worth saving, but do not push us too far, as you seem to know us.

If I understand you correctly, the "nuclear parking lot" option for Iraq seems to be your favorite, and you are sorry that it isn't used? That's certainly the perfect way to bring democracy and peace in the country. And you call others "barbarians"? A bit pathetic, IMO..

If your cause is possibly to exterminate every civilian in your tribe, then you would be correct about waging war with every tool available (like the dishonorable use of civilian disguise), and you’re right, your “tactics were not honorable.”

The question is, can you be honorable? What collateral can your tribe put up, for us to trust that you can be honorable to walk our streets in civilian clothes?

Can you remind me what was the uniform of the french resistance? Would you have a picture of it? Where they dishonorable?

Y

epr64 said:
In your first post, you seem to see (I do) the French resistance during WWII as legal.

This is what I said:

“The real answer to the question as to whether someone is a terrorist (criminal), or legitimate (French) resistance, or “freedom fighter” has to be whether they are playing by the rules of warfare that are agreed upon by civilizations. Saying that the French did something, so why can’t others, is not justification for anything but a reign of terror.”

The meaning is clear, it depends on whether...

epr64 said:
If I understand you correctly, the "nuclear parking lot" option for Iraq seems to be your favorite, and you are sorry that it isn't used?

This is what I said: “When dishonorable barbarians like you approach any civilization you should be searched with an anal probe as if you are going to explode, just for what we think you believe, and you should be followed everywhere you go under twenty-four hour surveillance, and that is only because modern day civilizations rarely have the stomach to exterminate entire tribes. Like Abraham we seem to think that there might be one among you worth saving, but do not push us too far, as you seem to know us.”

I am afraid that the “parking lot" response will be used in the future, as it was used by ancient civilizations in response to such terror, and I am doing everything I can to prevent it. The mind of man has obviously not evolved beyond such responses.

You should work on your reading comprehension.

DivineComedy said:
This is what I said:

“The real answer to the question as to whether someone is a terrorist (criminal), or legitimate (French) resistance, or “freedom fighter” has to be whether they are playing by the rules of warfare that are agreed upon by civilizations. Saying that the French did something, so why can’t others, is not justification for anything but a reign of terror.”

The meaning is clear, it depends on whether...

NOPE. What you said is:
The real answer to the question as to whether someone is a terrorist (criminal), or legitimate (French) resistance, or “freedom fighter” has to be whether they are playing by the rules of warfare that are agreed upon by civilizations. Saying that the French did something, so why can’t others, is not justification for anything but a reign of terror.

To the terrorists I say: If you cannot honorably accept defeat, and do not have enough of a civilization to buy the tanks and airplanes for victory, or cannot get enough support from your neighbors to fight honorably, spill your own guts and leave the rest of us in peace. The world will be better off.

That's exactly what the nazis said during WWII, when they called the french resistance "terrorists". Care to explain the difference between the iraqis that blow US army humvees to liberate their country (not talking 'bout the terrorists who try to create a civil war to attain power) and the french who killed nazis and collaborators, exploded trains, etc..?

This is what I said: “When dishonorable barbarians like you approach any civilization you should be searched with an anal probe as if you are going to explode, just for what we think you believe, and you should be followed everywhere you go under twenty-four hour surveillance, and that is only because modern day civilizations rarely have the stomach to exterminate entire tribes. Like Abraham we seem to think that there might be one among you worth saving, but do not push us too far, as you seem to know us.”

I am afraid that the “parking lot" response will be used in the future, as it was used by ancient civilizations in response to such terror, and I am doing everything I can to prevent it. The mind of man has obviously not evolved beyond such responses.

You should work on your reading comprehension.

Once again, read your post. Where is the comprehension problem? You think it would be a good solution, you think maybe someone is to save, but you would nevertheless use the parking lot solution "if pushed". What does "pushed" mean? Defend one's country against an invader? Thinking that seizing the oil money to pay for your war (the war will be paid by the oil.. remember?) isn't exactly "fair"? Thinking that iraqis could be hired instead of Halliburton to rebuild the country may be the sign of the BA's greed? Thinking that you wouldn't like to be sent to Abu Grahib (the "club med" of the US), but knowing that any acneic, cretinic and terrorised teen-ager with a US unform can send you there for months on a whim? Not being convinced of the way the US made your country "more secure and democratic"? Not being convinced by the american economy? Not being sure that 50 million people without health care is not the best solution to build a society where everyone has the same chances? Is THAT "doing everything I can to prevent it"??

YOU have a comprehension problem. You don't even want to think about the fact that, if you invade someone's country, you WILL get a reaction. If you try to terrorise a whole country, you WILL have a reaction. If you don't understand that, you'd better try to look out google for "Viet-Nam".. or WWII.

Oh, and BTW, you didn't give me the exact address of the French govt in exile during WWII..

Y

epr64 said:
NOPE. What you said is:

The French did have enough support from their neighbors, so fighting dishonorably was not necessary. And I never said they all fought dishonorably as I said “the real answer to the question…”

Epr64 said: “You think it would be a good solution, you think maybe someone is to save, but you would nevertheless use the parking lot solution ‘if pushed‘.”

Once again I have to repeat:

“When dishonorable barbarians like you approach any civilization you should be searched with an anal probe as if you are going to explode, just for what we think you believe, and you should be followed everywhere you go under twenty-four hour surveillance, and that is only because modern day civilizations rarely have the stomach to exterminate entire tribes. Like Abraham we seem to think that there might be one among you worth saving, but do not push us too far, as you seem to know us.”

I was specifically talking about “any” civilization, and “civilizations,” and specifically said an “us” as in any civilization, like if you really get the Russians mad killing their children in school houses we may get a new Vlad the Impaler, and I did not say “I” would do anything, but you would give “me” the power as you justify such power.

Keep declaring war like the Al Quacka Zarqawi network, that Powell said in his UN presentation was in Iraq prior to the invasion, and dressing in civilian clothes to blow up Iraqis (Shiites), and your dishonorable friends just might get a reaction too.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/02/05/sprj.irq.powell.transcript.09/

Epr64 I have known the coordinates of the capital of the French ever since I grew a beard and saw my legions camped there, but no matter how much I am disgusted by their cowardice I would not give those coordinates to the enemy. Give me the coordinates of the capital city of Hamas, and throw in Hezbollah’s capitals while you are at it as we still have 241 souls crying out for justice, we need those coordinates for our targeting computers.

Let us recap what has been done. Epr64 said, “You fight with your possibilities.”

I on the other hand I am arguing against the dishonorable backstabbing cowardice of hiding intent through the use of civilian disguise in warfare, the taking of the law into ones own hands, and the hiding behind women’s skirts or human shields, all things which by their dishonest nature forbid us of the freedom and safety to form a social contract and live in peace.

It is not only your planet, but it is our planet. Individualists that have established that their known rules of warfare is to use civilian disguise (lacking a warrior’s war paint recognizable from a distance), concealing their arms and intent, have no right to live free to such purposes. State sponsors of terrorism have no right to live free from punishment.

The Oslo Accords, and their subsequent use by the Palestinian Authority to attempt to defend terrorist Abu Abbas, established that the Palestinian’s known rule of warfare was “an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes, and conditions;” the appeasement and subsequent endorsement of criminality put in jeopardy any chance at a civilized State, for the longevity of any State requires trust among its members and it neighbors.

It is not too late to join the civilized world in fighting the evil satanic verses of fighting dishonorably with your possibilities!

Epr64 said: “Thinking that you wouldn't like to be sent to Abu Grahib (the ‘club med‘ of the US), but knowing that any acneic, cretinic and terrorised teen-ager with a US unform can send you there for months on a whim?”

Your friends are the cretins, and they should learn how to spell the word “uniform.”

Back
Top Bottom