• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Just Saw Best Baseball Game of My Life

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Astros 7, Braves 6

The Braves got a grand slam in the 3rd inning, and added a couple more. The score went to 6-1 in favor of the Braves. Thought the game was over at that point. Bottom of the 8th inning - Lance Berkman hit a grand slam with 2 outs, and then, with 2 outs in the 9th, Brad Ausmus hit a homer to tie the game at 6. In the 18th inning, Chris Burke hit a home run to win it. Before that, Houston had run out of relief pitchers, so Roger Clemens came in as a reliever in the 16th.

In 1968, in the 6th game of the world series, I saw Al Kaline dive, break his collar bone, and still hang on to the ball, and that gave Detroit the victory over St. Louis. The Tigers won the following game to win the World Series, but I always believed that nothing would ever be better than that 6th game. I was dead wrong. :)

Astros Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Congratulations...

This is your first thread started without the intent to attract negative attention to your political enemies...

Hopefully, there will be more...:2wave:

cnredd said:
Congratulations...

This is your first thread started without the intent to attract negative attention to your political enemies...

Hopefully, there will be more...:2wave:

Actually, I dont try to attract anything. The GOP has become corrupt, and my posts are intended to show people just how corrupt it has become. I like how Republicans feel they can say whatever they want about those who dont see eye to eye with them, but when the shoe is on the other foot, then they have the audacity to claim that they are being unfairly targeted. They deserve the bad reputation they have, and unlike a lot of things, their reputation was not handed to them because they knew someone. They earned it wtih every backroom deal, with every fraudulent transaction, and with every indictment.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
Actually, I dont try to attract anything. The GOP has become corrupt, and my posts are intended to show people just how corrupt it has become. I like how Republicans feel they can say whatever they want about those who dont see eye to eye with them, but when the shoe is on the other foot, then they have the audacity to claim that they are being unfairly targeted. They deserve the bad reputation they have, and unlike a lot of things, their reputation was not handed to them because they knew someone. They earned it wtih every backroom deal, with every fraudulent transaction, and with every indictment.
Quite wrong...

I said that you START threads that are the same negative stuff...That means many examples of the same basic storyline...

What you SHOULD be doing is creating ONE thread with a title that encompasses them all so the forum members can see X threads with X discussions instead of X + 20 threads with X discussions...

Imagine if you were to start every thread with the words, "Another example"...Currently, you would have 9 threads with those words just in "Today's News"...

Tom Noe - The Tom Delay Mini Me
David Safavian Indicted
Karl Rove's 11th Hour Grand Jury Appearance
Why Delays Prosecution Will be Successful
Miers' Law Firm Defrauded Investors
Bush Fake News Ruled Illegal
Photocopies of Delay Indictments(Why have two threads on the same person?)
Tom Delay and Margaret Thatcher??(Why have THREE threads on the same person?)
Abramoff Connected to Gambino Mafia Family

Every single one of them is part of your own description..."and my posts are intended to show people just how corrupt it has become"...

They why isn't there ONE thread entitled "Examples on how corrupt it has become"...

You could be adding all of these into one thread so the members of the forum could see everything in one place instead of dispursing them throughout the forum and diluting it...:(

cnredd said:
Quite wrong...

I said that you START threads that are the same negative stuff...That means many examples of the same basic storyline...

What you SHOULD be doing is creating ONE thread with a title that encompasses them all so the forum members can see X threads with X discussions instead of X + 20 threads with X discussions...

Imagine if you were to start every thread with the words, "Another example"...Currently, you would have 9 threads with those words just in "Today's News"...

Tom Noe - The Tom Delay Mini Me
David Safavian Indicted
Karl Rove's 11th Hour Grand Jury Appearance
Why Delays Prosecution Will be Successful
Miers' Law Firm Defrauded Investors
Bush Fake News Ruled Illegal
Photocopies of Delay Indictments(Why have two threads on the same person?)
Tom Delay and Margaret Thatcher??(Why have THREE threads on the same person?)
Abramoff Connected to Gambino Mafia Family

Every single one of them is part of your own description..."and my posts are intended to show people just how corrupt it has become"...

They why isn't there ONE thread entitled "Examples on how corrupt it has become"...

You could be adding all of these into one thread so the members of the forum could see everything in one place instead of dispursing them throughout the forum and diluting it...:(

If the indictments had happened all at the same time, I could do that, but they didnt. I start a thread about one, and a day or 2 later there is another, and another after that. Wish I was Svengali, so I could do what you are asking me to do.

I also have no problem posting the same thing about Democrats, and have a couple of times so far. Have also posted good marks about Bush in those rare instances he did something right. However, the wrongdoing in the GOP is a virtual avalanche right now. As soon as I find more dirt on Democrats (and believe me, they are just as crooked), I will post them.

BTW, I was one of the first to call for Clinton's impeachment.

Finally, How is Bush Fake News Ruled Illegal related to indictments? That is a different subject altogether.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
If the indictments had happened all at the same time, I could do that, but they didnt. I start a thread about one, and a day or 2 later there is another, and another after that. Wish I was Svengali, so I could do what you are asking me to do.
I'll start again...

Have ONE thread dedicated to "Examples of corrupt Republicans" and add them as warranted...when?...doesn't matter...

danarhea said:
I also have no problem posting the same thing about Democrats, and have a couple of times so far. Have also posted good marks about Bush in those rare instances he did something right. However, the wrongdoing in the GOP is a virtual avalanche right now. As soon as I find more dirt on Democrats (and believe me, they are just as crooked), I will post them.
I never said you didn't post them...In fact, I've publicly stated the opposite...
cnredd said:
You may now continue to find fault with both political parties as you sit from the sidelines feeling superior because you're not part of them...
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=107582&postcount=9

You responded directly after that comment using my comment in your post, so you can't say you didn't see it...

danarhea said:
BTW, I was one of the first to call for Clinton's impeachment.
ummmmm....and????

danarhea said:
Finally, How is Bush Fake News Ruled Illegal related to indictments? That is a different subject altogether.
one out of nine...you've found an exception...

cnredd said:
I'll start again...

Have ONE thread dedicated to "Examples of corrupt Republicans" and add them as warranted...when?...doesn't matter...

I never said you didn't post them...In fact, I've publicly stated the opposite...

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=107582&postcount=9

You responded directly after that comment using my comment in your post, so you can't say you didn't see it...

ummmmm....and????

one out of nine...you've found an exception...

Each story is its own. One was about using corporate money to fund donations, and laundering it. One was about a real estate scam. One was about stealing from a state's treasury. One was about giving classified information to a foreign government. One was about outing an undercover CIA agent. I felt each deserved its own thread because of each circumstance.

If you feel that I am violating the rules of this forum for posting them, then give me a warning. I will disagree strongly, but I will comply with your order. After all, this is a private board, and you have the right to make the rules. I will obey the rules, but until now I never thought that such rules existed. If they do, then let me know, and I will follow them.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
Each story is its own. One was about using corporate money to fund donations, and laundering it. One was about a real estate scam. One was about stealing from a state's treasury. One was about giving classified information to a foreign government. One was about outing an undercover CIA agent. I felt each deserved its own thread because of each circumstance.
From your earlier post...

Actually, I dont try to attract anything. The GOP has become corrupt, and my posts are intended to show people just how corrupt it has become.

That is ONE THOUGHT...the difference in HOW they are corrupt is irrelevant...the one thought remains by your own admission...Why separate them into individual threads?

danarhea said:
If you feel that I am violating the rules of this forum for posting them, then give me a warning. I will disagree strongly, but I will comply with your order. After all, this is a private board, and you have the right to make the rules. I will obey the rules, but until now I never thought that such rules existed. If they do, then let me know, and I will follow them.
The rules have not been broken...If they were, we wouldn't be having this discussion...I simply would've mentioned the rules, and pretty much said, "That's the way it is...deal with it"...

That hasn't been done...

But imagine if you are a forum member and want to discuss something other than what you post...They come back to their computer and see 20 threads with new comments in them, but they have to wade through half of them dealing with examples of one thing...or worse...their last comment has gone to the second page...

As a moderator, I'm concerned with the flow of debate and the quality of the forum...I'd expect many regular forum members wish the same...

cnredd said:
From your earlier post...

Actually, I dont try to attract anything. The GOP has become corrupt, and my posts are intended to show people just how corrupt it has become.

That is ONE THOUGHT...the difference in HOW they are corrupt is irrelevant...the one thought remains by your own admission...Why separate them into individual threads?

The rules have not been broken...If they were, we wouldn't be having this discussion...I simply would've mentioned the rules, and pretty much said, "That's the way it is...deal with it"...

That hasn't been done...

But imagine if you are a forum member and want to discuss something other than what you post...They come back to their computer and see 20 threads with new comments in them, but they have to wade through half of them dealing with examples of one thing...or worse...their last comment has gone to the second page...

As a moderator, I'm concerned with the flow of debate and the quality of the forum...I'd expect many regular forum members wish the same...

I understand where you are coming from, and believe me, I am not looking to cause problems with people not being able to see their own threads. However, take a look at page one, and note the positions of what I have posted in regard to corruption in the Republican party:

6 - Tom Noe - The Tom Delay Mini Me
12 - David Safavian Indicted
17 - Karl Rove's 11th Hour Grand Jury Appearance

As you can see, these posts are not taking up as much space as you have been led to believe. Also, this was a spate of activity in a period of just a few days. As the activity dies down, so do the positions of those posts. You have to admit that a LOT happened in just a few days that normally would not happen statistically. Also, this was not a problem on the last board I was on. A thread could easily drop off the first page within half an hour. As the membership here increases, this wont be much of an issue. And you guys are doing enough right that membership here is going to increase greatly within a relatively short period of time.

I really feel I am not hurting anyone by posting what I have been posting, and this is an honest feeling from me. Is it possible that we could resolve our differences through PMs? I would like to talk further about this, but not at the expense of my baseball team. LOL. Seriously, I would like to discuss this further, and if we can come to some kind of agreement on this that makes us both happy, I am willing to give it a try.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
I understand where you are coming from, and believe me, I am not looking to cause problems with people not being able to see their own threads. However, take a look at page one, and note the positions of what I have posted in regard to corruption in the Republican party:

6 - Tom Noe - The Tom Delay Mini Me
12 - David Safavian Indicted
17 - Karl Rove's 11th Hour Grand Jury Appearance

As you can see, these posts are not taking up as much space as you have been led to believe. Also, this was a spate of activity in a period of just a few days. As the activity dies down, so do the positions of those posts. You have to admit that a LOT happened in just a few days that normally would not happen statistically. Also, this was not a problem on the last board I was on. A thread could easily drop off the first page within half an hour. As the membership here increases, this wont be much of an issue. And you guys are doing enough right that membership here is going to increase greatly within a relatively short period of time.

I really feel I am not hurting anyone by posting what I have been posting, and this is an honest feeling from me. Is it possible that we could resolve our differences through PMs? I would like to talk further about this, but not at the expense of my baseball team. LOL. Seriously, I would like to discuss this further, and if we can come to some kind of agreement on this that makes us both happy, I am willing to give it a try.
No agreement needs to be made...I spoke as a forum member, not a moderator...If you disagree, I can't, in good conscious, make you do otherwise...although I have the "gawdlike powers" to do so...:twisted:

If your answer is "no", then so be it...

Back on-topic...I was rooting for the Astros up until the last out...They have completed my personal task...beat the Braves...Now I hope they fail miserably...:cool:

cnredd said:
No agreement needs to be made...I spoke as a forum member, not a moderator...If you disagree, I can't, in good conscious, make you do otherwise...although I have the "gawdlike powers" to do so...:twisted:

If your answer is "no", then so be it...

Back on-topic...I was rooting for the Astros up until the last out...They have completed my personal task...beat the Braves...Now I hope they fail miserably...:cool:

1) My answer is not necessarily no. One thing you will find out about me is my willingness to change positions based on the input I receive from others. That is why I would find discussion with you on this a good thing.

2) You may be right on the Astros failing. They go up against the Cardinals now. St. Louis has pretty much beat up on Houston all year. However, in the last meeting, the Astros managed a sweep of the Cards, so I am hoping that this carries on into next week. :)

danarhea said:
1) My answer is not necessarily no. One thing you will find out about me is my willingness to change positions based on the input I receive from others. That is why I would find discussion with you on this a good thing.

2) You may be right on the Astros failing. They go up against the Cardinals now. St. Louis has pretty much beat up on Houston all year. However, in the last meeting, the Astros managed a sweep of the Cards, so I am hoping that this carries on into next week. :)

St. Louis beat up on the Pads. So your beating will come too. IMO st louis is the best team in the league right now.

26X Champs, are you out there. Angels kicked your ass. Oooooorahh!

Billo_Really said:

I do enjoy watching the spankee's get their ass handed to them, it was a good series, but I must admit, I only watched to see the Yankee's get beat.:doh

Billo_Really said:

I have a better one.

To Carlos Beltran - How did it feel to be sitting on the couch watching that game? LOL.

I just saw the best game of my life! Go Pujols! Go Cardinals! Go home Houston!:rofl

Back
Top Bottom