• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just need to talk to someone

An interesting TED Talk about cancer:

Thinking of you. I just saw this or would commented sooner. Will be keeping you in my prayers.

Cancer is a bitch, but hopefully you got it in time. It has visited my family members more than once, and is visiting one right now. We are in the “waiting on biopsy results” stage.

This is a good place to unload. You know me. I’ve done it several times. Sometimes you just have to be able to get things off your chest for people you don’t have to face across the dinner table at night.

We love you. We are all here for you. 😘😘

An update, I am in early stages, but because I had thyroid cancer they consider this an extension of that...doesn't make sense to me since it is in my left breast...or was anyway. They removed the mass, stated they got it all, but I have to go back every month and I am now taking Tamoxifen to prevent the return. I am tired a lot, but not like the last time. I do not need any chemo (thank God). It just has sent me into a minor tailspin, because of my lack of a thyroid. So, yep, I am tired as all get out...a few days didn't even want to brush my hair (but my husband brushed it for me) As needy as he can be...he has been a champion over the past few weeks. His cousin is helping us out and staying here, because I cannot keep up with work and the house. He is now working for us and helping me keep up with housework. I cook, he washes the dishes. He and my husband clean the living room and vacuum, I have been assigned bathroom and laundry duty and the dogs.
I started taking a B complex supplement to see if it helps me. I also now have weekends off, no office work, no carpentry work, nada. We are planning to go to Hot Springs, NC and Asheville toward the end of the month. Our anniversary is the 14th, but I have too many jobs going on and one of our long-term clients goes on vacation on the 23rd so we are planning ours around the same time. This afternoon we are riding to Charleston to look at a roof job (a recommendation from another client) and give them a quote...then we are going to Reds and will sit, enjoy a glass of wine while we watch the dolphins play. The food is okay there, not 5 stars, but its worth it to watch the dolphins and they have the perfect deck for it.

An update, I am in early stages, but because I had thyroid cancer they consider this an extension of that...doesn't make sense to me since it is in my left breast...or was anyway. They removed the mass, stated they got it all, but I have to go back every month and I am now taking Tamoxifen to prevent the return. I am tired a lot, but not like the last time. I do not need any chemo (thank God). It just has sent me into a minor tailspin, because of my lack of a thyroid. So, yep, I am tired as all get out...a few days didn't even want to brush my hair (but my husband brushed it for me) As needy as he can be...he has been a champion over the past few weeks. His cousin is helping us out and staying here, because I cannot keep up with work and the house. He is now working for us and helping me keep up with housework. I cook, he washes the dishes. He and my husband clean the living room and vacuum, I have been assigned bathroom and laundry duty and the dogs.
I started taking a B complex supplement to see if it helps me. I also now have weekends off, no office work, no carpentry work, nada. We are planning to go to Hot Springs, NC and Asheville toward the end of the month. Our anniversary is the 14th, but I have too many jobs going on and one of our long-term clients goes on vacation on the 23rd so we are planning ours around the same time. This afternoon we are riding to Charleston to look at a roof job (a recommendation from another client) and give them a quote...then we are going to Reds and will sit, enjoy a glass of wine while we watch the dolphins play. The food is okay there, not 5 stars, but its worth it to watch the dolphins and they have the perfect deck for it.

Wishing you all the best, so sorry all of this is happening.

I know you are tired, but this news sounds promising, luv. ❤️

I just found out yesterday, my cancer is back. They found a mass yesterday in my left breast. It is showing hot on the PET scan so it is very probable that it is malignant. I don't know what to do. Right now obviously they will have to do a biopsy and stage the cancer. It is right before Christmas, so my kids nor my mom know. My mother has late-stage emphysema, so I have told no one. I am terrified. I don't know who to talk to and my husband is clearly scared too, but his way of dealing with really bad stuff is pretending it is not happening and I don't want to push things onto him too hard because he was there through the last time and was a trooper. We have decided to tell no one until after the holidays and it is staged. I feel really guilty not telling my family, but I do not want to ruin their Christmas. I feel like just rolling up in a ball and screaming. Sorry, but I just needed to write and feel like I was talking to someone since I have decided to tell no one around me. I was in remission for 4 years. I don't want to die yet, I am only 51 years old.

I'm praying for you, ClaraD.

We're pulling for you, @ClaraD

I think I may have mentioned this earlier but definitely consult w/ your physician about getting a nutritionist w/ specialization in cancer care. Everything I've read points to a heavily plant-based diet but with chemo, that might need to be modified/supplemented to make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need. I would probably avoid alcohol entirely. Again, your docs should be the final word on anything.

Sending a Prayer and wishing for the best in recovery and longevity in life for you to share with your children and other family members.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and their prayers. Those words gave me a lot of hope when the sky seemed really dark. I love living. I enjoy every minute of it. I frequently tell my husband that he will have to put up with me for the next 40 years if I have my say about it. My cancer is gone, hopefully this time for good. I just had a scan last week..and it was clear. My thyroid levels are pretty chaotic, but the doctor isn't concerned...he said I have been through a lot so it will work itself out.

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and their prayers. Those words gave me a lot of hope when the sky seemed really dark. I love living. I enjoy every minute of it. I frequently tell my husband that he will have to put up with me for the next 40 years if I have my say about it. My cancer is gone, hopefully this time for good. I just had a scan last week..and it was clear. My thyroid levels are pretty chaotic, but the doctor isn't concerned...he said I have been through a lot so it will work itself out.
Great news, Clara! BIG TIME congrats, my friend.

Fan Freaking Tastic!

My wife's thyroid levels got low a few weeks back, she is taking meds for it. They help you grow hair, and you lose weight!!!

Fan Freaking Tastic!

My wife's thyroid levels got low a few weeks back, she is taking meds for it. They help you grow hair, and you lose weight!!!Well
Well, I already take meds for it and have for about 6 years now. I no longer have a thyroid. I take both a t3 and t4 which helps my energy levels...but losing that thyroid drove my ADHD insane....lol.

I'm hugging you, Clara.
Let's all give thanks and praise to God.

To help prevent any formation of lumps or cyst - eat a lot of beta-carotene saturated fruits and veggies like, squash/pumpkin, cooked carrots, cantaloupe and papaya.
It requires more than the daily amount requirements, that's why eating fruits/veggies with high-density amount is great for this.
I had an ovarian cyst that disappeared without any medication when I "over-dosed" with beta-carotene. It didn't take long, either.
I got that from an old book called, Healing Foods.
Add it routinely to your diet even if it's just once or twice a week.

Last edited:
Woohoo!!!!

Thank you for sharing the good news! So very happy for you!

And stupid thyroid. Mine can act all ridiculous also. We are just sort of waiting for the day it completely conks out at this point. (I have autoimmune thyroid issues)

May God's Graces give you the longevity, the faith, the love and goodness in spirit to continue sharing your life and living experiences so openly and honest through your unending ways of appreciating the magnificent gift of life and the positive mind that you continue to embrace.
Your care and compassionate self comes through in your posting commentary - Surely, the same is shared and embraced by your family and friends.

iu

2 Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 It gave me great joy when some believers came and testified about your faithfulness to the truth, telling how you continue to walk in it. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 2:4

Last edited:
Woohoo!!!!

Thank you for sharing the good news! So very happy for you!

And stupid thyroid. Mine can act all ridiculous also. We are just sort of waiting for the day it completely conks out at this point. (I have autoimmune thyroid issues)
I am sorry about the autoimmune thyroid issues. That can really suck at least mine can be somewhat stabilized by the meds and I never felt the autoimmune issues that can wreck your body and health. I will pray for you and your health. Thank you for reminding me I am not alone.

Back
Top Bottom