• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just in case you didn't hear it, here is the full "Dr" Laura racist audio

yeah, the "n" word is fine. Just don't call anyone "retarded" because if you do, you should resign from your job.

Had Laura called someone a nigger, your point would hold water.

so, her criticizing the caller for being in a mixed mariage does not count

gotcha

gotcha

She didn't criticize the caller for being in a mixed marriage. She criticized the caller for being in a mixed marriage and not being tough enough to deal with the crap that comes along with it. If she did anything, she referred to the caller as a candy ass, which has to do with that woman's own fortitude rather than her race.

She didn't criticize the caller for being in a mixed marriage. She criticized the caller for being in a mixed marriage and not being tough enough to deal with the crap that comes along with it. If she did anything, she referred to the caller as a candy ass, which has to do with that woman's own fortitude rather than her race.

yes, let's look at what you said

gotcha

Can you show me where she criticized her for being in a mixed marriage?
Or are you just making your own conclusions to what was actually said?

Thats not even correct.
What she did is gave the caller advice, that if she is so hypersensitive about race that she cannot handle someone of a difference race mentioning her race, or even god forbid criticizing her race, than maybe she should not be in a mixed relationship.

Anyone care to prove that wrong?

I wouldn't characterize her statements as racist but I would characterize them as ****ing stupid. It's a radio show, right? You can't just drop the n-bomb a bunch of times. Or the f-bomb. Or any other word on this list of things we've somehow decided children shouldn't be allowed to hear. I don't mind what she said, but how could you not realize in the moment that doing so would definitely get your ass fired?

I wouldn't characterize her statements as racist but I would characterize them as ****ing stupid. It's a radio show, right? You can't just drop the n-bomb a bunch of times. Or the f-bomb. Or any other word on this list of things we've somehow decided children shouldn't be allowed to hear. I don't mind what she said, but how could you not realize in the moment that doing so would definitely get your ass fired?

Since she made no racist statement at all, calling it racist and trying to stretch her comments into "racist" ones is what I'd call stupid. Stupid is what I'd call the whole hub bub about this matter. This is one of those hyped up issues that I just have to laugh at. She made a point, one that many people of different racial ethnicity agree with. The caller was on Larry King the other day, talking about all the "support" she has gotten and how difficult all of ths has been on her, which is such a load of crap it is not really even worth debating. I wonder how long it will be before the caller starts complaining about "mental anguish" and tries to sue? Last but not least Duce, not only was Dr. Laura not fired, her employer is begging her to not resign. I don't care for her myself, but from the interview comments I saw on Larry King, she will actually be even more free to express her opinions in the new venues she will be operating from than before all this hubbub and hand wringing was hyped up by the demagogues at Media Matters.:peace

Its not a bomb... its a word.....

That radio show isn't for children....

Are you saying the woman she was speaking with acts like a child?

I would agree.

Can you show me where she criticized her for being in a mixed marriage?
Or are you just making your own conclusions to what was actually said?

already provided the time of the video when that was found

the hostess was demeaning
when the KKK gets its own radio station/program, no doubt she would be a welcome addition

beyond her cavalier usage of "nigger, nigger, nigger"
she used the NAACP as a slur
she criticized the caller for being in a mixed marriage

laura can say whatever she wants ... like all of us ... but like us, she must face the consequences of her expressions
fortunately, she now has

it is what i heard
and i appreciate the video in the OP ... i had wondered what the context actually was

toward the end of the video ... around 3:55

indirectly. the program faced the advertisers' wrath ... those advertisers did not want to piss off their customers by being seen afflilated with someone with this level of cultural insensitivity

i agree that she poorly expressed herself
the (former) advertisers agree, also

That wasn't criticizing her. That was the only bit of good advice she gave.

Until blacks have sensitivity for me. I shall give them none. Im not going to give just becausae blacks 140 years ago were slaves, and some blacks 50 years ago had seperate bathrooms and special seats on the bus.

Black people in America are not owed anything from me, no special treatment whatsoever.

I will treat them like any other individual I speak to, until they show their ugly race card head, then thats when our mutual respect dissolves.

already provided the time of the video when that was found

Oh, you mean here... when you stated the minute/second that she did what you claim was criticism. I then responded it WASN'T criticism, it was her giving the caller advice, that if she is hypersensitive maybe she should not wish to be in a mixed marriage because she cannot handle it.

Thats not criticism, its giving advice. Why do you consider her "criticizing" for that comment? Nowhere did Dr. Laura say that being in a mixed marriage is bad. She wasn't criticizing mixed relationships at all, she was giving advice to THIS CALLER based upon the information she received from THIS CALLER.

If any way possible you could pull criticism out of it, it would be that Dr. Laura was criticizing her for NOT BEING MATURE ENOUGH to handle a mixed relationship, not for BEING IN a mixed relationship. HUGE difference my friend.

Note: You never bothered to respond to my original response when you first posted this. You just decided to ignore it. Which is probably what you will do this time as well.

Yes she can. The 1st Amendment hasn't been abolished, yet.

Its not a bomb... its a word.....

That radio show isn't for children....

Are you saying the woman she was speaking with acts like a child?

I would agree.

Yes she can. The 1st Amendment hasn't been abolished, yet.

Way to completely and utterly miss the point.

Next time you're at work, say "nigger" a few times in front of your boss. In a non-racist way, of course. Report back here what happens.

The first amendment doesn't cover getting ****canned.

Last edited:

Next time you're at work, say "nigger" a few times in front of your boss. In a non-racist way, of course. Report back here what happens.

Whatever...I live in California, one of the most hypersensitive places in the world when it comes to race, and we had a long conversation about Dr. Laura's "nigger" rant where she said "nigger" like 11 times in 3 minutes. What the hell was she thinking saying "nigger" to a woman who was sensitive about the word "nigger"? You just can't say "nigger" like that because people get all kinds of butt-hurt about the word "nigger". Saying "nigger" just ain't cool.

Yeah, that was so last week at work. The more people keep trying to make something off-limits...the more people are gonna want to prove that they'll just do what the **** they want. Like say the word "nigger" if they want to say the word "nigger".

Damn...needed to say it 2 more times to get all 11 in like Dr. Laura. So...nigger, nigger.

Oops - allow me to correct myself - Rahm Emanuel didn't call anyone "retarded" either - he just used the word causing Palin to call for his resignation. So, my point does hold water.

Whatever...I live in California, one of the most hypersensitive places in the world when it comes to race, and we had a long conversation about Dr. Laura's "nigger" rant where she said "nigger" like 11 times in 3 minutes. What the hell was she thinking saying "nigger" to a woman who was sensitive about the word "nigger"? You just can't say "nigger" like that because people get all kinds of butt-hurt about the word "nigger". Saying "nigger" just ain't cool.

Yeah, that was so last week at work. The more people keep trying to make something off-limits...the more people are gonna want to prove that they'll just do what the **** they want. Like say the word "nigger" if they want to say the word "nigger".

Damn...needed to say it 2 more times to get all 11 in like Dr. Laura. So...nigger, nigger.

Your rant is retarded.

That is a pretty funny joke you tried to make about missing the point! Mostly because you are "missing the point" that nobody has been canned or fired over this hyped up nonesense. I see you are not going to let an inconvient fact like that stop you from repeating your error though.

I have.
Ive even put it in official reports, when its used as a quote from a subject I had to deal with.
No big deal. Im not supposed to censor reports.

Saying the word nigger does not make you a racist nor does saying the word nigger make what you say racists. As others have pointed out if she called the caller a nigger in a racist derogatory form then it could be argued that Dr. Laura is a racist. However that's not the case,she did not such thing. She did not even call the caller a nigger in a non-derogatory form forum like nigga.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom