• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just Got Fiberoptic Internet, my download speed just went from 5.5 MBPS to 425 MBPS.

PeacefulWarrior

I am not a robot.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Let me see if I can do math, ugg, I think thats about an 8000% increase bwahahaha.

I dont play games, I dont even really stream much TV.
I have no idea what I'll do with all this increased download speed. Even my upload speed is 400 MBPS now.

What do you do with all this download speed? They came and hooked it up free of charge since my provider upgraded the street, I didnt order an increase in speed.

Let me see if I can do math, ugg, I think thats about an 8000% increase bwahahaha.

I have no idea what I'll do with all this increased download speed. Even my upload speed is 400 MBPS now.

What do you do with all this download speed? They came and hooked it up free of charge since my provider upgraded the street, I didnt order an increase in speed.
Damn what are you paying? If it's the going rate for fiberoptic then it sounds like you were getting positively screwed before.

Also it's a common misconception but download speeds don't affect gaming that much but if you did, fiberoptic would definitely help with lag/latency.

Download all of wikipedia? Fiber optic is ahead of what the average person's needs are right now. Maybe in a few years when we are all streaming 8k HDR videos in VR it will be better.

Boost your router and share your WiFi with friendly neighbors.

Post! Post! Post!

Excellent Speeds. I went from about 25 MBPS to 1000 MBPS download and 908 upload. Also connected free of charge. The Providers are rapidly fazing out DSL in favor of Fiber. I appreciate the increase in speed as I cut the cable and primarily stream TV. I also have alot of wifi devices such as Ring Video and security cameras.

Damn what are you paying? If it's the going rate for fiberoptic then it sounds like you were getting positively screwed before.

Also it's a common misconception but download speeds don't affect gaming that much but if you did, fiberoptic would definitely help with lag/latency.
I am paying just under $70.00 a month for 1000 MBPS speed.

now thats an awesome jump lol

I just check and i have 461Mbps with Comcast

Mine is 220. I can get up to a gig but the current speed is enough for me and my fiancée to both video chat at work if needed. Besides the WiFi doesn’t run any faster anyway.

I might upgrade to a gigabit once the man cave is done and I have everything in the basement wired with Ethernet.

Back
Top Bottom