• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just another mass shooting.

Eight people were shot because they were in the crossfire. Police say they don't know if the one person that died was in that group.
We need more guns then we can have more impressive casualty numbers.

i'll wait to post about the latest wife who was gunned down by her husband a few days ago. those women get no press.

i'll wait to post about the latest wife who was gunned down by her husband a few days ago. those women get no press.
spamming these threads with that nonsense is pretty lame and very worthless

spamming these threads with that nonsense is pretty lame and very worthless
man, it really bothers you when women, who are gunned down/shot by their husbands are pointed out. it's really weird.

well, here she is. 49yo. in Ohio.

Jennifer Morgan

Eight people were shot because they were in the crossfire. Police say they don't know if the one person that died was in that group.

There should not have been one shot, much less nine. The fact that they were in a crossfire does not make it any less tragic.

man, it really bothers you when women, who are gunned down/shot by their husbands are pointed out. it's really weird.

Jennifer Morgan

no but your constant cluttering up threads with pictures-often without any dialogue is rather stupid. It has nothing to do with the topic and appears to be an attempt to troll

cluttering up threads
it bothers the hell out of you. one would think that seeing victims and hearing their stories would be more important that always seeing the murderer. like this this 17yo school girl in Utah who was gunned down by her boyfriend the other day (murder/suicide). she has a story and a family.

photo

it bothers the hell out of you. one would think that seeing victims and hearing their stories would be more important that always seeing the murderer. like this this 17yo school girl in Utah who was gunned down by her boyfriend the other day (murder/suicide). she has a story and a family.

photo

It doesn't bother me at all-it shows me that you have nothing to add and are incapable of actually arguing a point. You clearly think posting all these pictures is going to shame gun owners. Sorry, I don't take blame for stuff I didn't do. We punish murder rather harshly in the USA. The killer is dead.

sure it does.
you're lying. I am pointing out how impotent your passive-aggressive trolling is. Do you think you accomplish anything with this oft-repeated nonsense?

no but your constant cluttering up threads with pictures-often without any dialogue is rather stupid. It has nothing to do with the topic and appears to be an attempt to troll

It's absolutely not. Gun rights people are always reminding us that mass shootings are a small percentage of all shootings, and we shouldn't make gun law based on trying to minimize mass shootings.

So why would you possibly object to @CaughtInThe trying to provide some balance now?

Because you don't want anyone talking about shootings at all, perhaps?

Or maybe @CaughtInThe got in before you could say "mass shootings are quite rare, and over sensationalized" ...

It's absolutely not. Gun rights people are always reminding us that mass shootings are a small percentage of all shootings, and we shouldn't make gun law based on trying to minimize mass shootings.

So why would you possibly object to @CaughtInThe trying to provide some balance now?

Because you don't want anyone talking about shootings at all, perhaps?

Or maybe @CaughtInThe got in before you could say "mass shootings are quite rare, and over sensationalized" ...
he seems to think that the people on this board are responsible for mass shootings. and yes, mass shootings are insignificant in terms of murders. In the last 30 years in California, mass shootings have resulted in less than 5 deaths a year. that is an insignificant amount of deaths

he seems to think that the people on this board are responsible for mass shootings. and yes, mass shootings are insignificant in terms of murders. In the last 30 years in California, mass shootings have resulted in less than 5 deaths a year. that is an insignificant amount of deaths

So let's talk about spousal shootings instead. Threadjack is a legitimate tactic to counter sensationalism.

There's a lot to choose from. Unlike mass shootings, a woman is shot dead by her partner once ever six hours.

and what is your solution? take guns away from those with Domestic violence convictions-that's already in place. Prevent people with Domestic restraining orders from being armed=that's already the law.

I don't have a solution, besides rolling out those "red flag" laws to all states.

But then I don't have a solution to mass shootings either. I don't consider myself an anti-gunner, I consider myself a gun moderate ... though pro-gunners often can't distinguish between those. As a moderate I'm open to other people's ideas.

I don't have a solution, besides rolling out those "red flag" laws to all states.

But then I don't have a solution to mass shootings either. I don't consider myself an anti-gunner, I consider myself a gun moderate ... though pro-gunners often can't distinguish between those. As a moderate I'm open to other people's ideas.
I wait for people to post constitutionally sound suggestions that actually target violent crime and criminals. I rarely see that. Most of the suggestions are reactions to what really bothers the posters-honest gun ownership not violent criminals

I wait for people to post constitutionally sound suggestions that actually target violent crime and criminals. I rarely see that. Most of the suggestions are reactions to what really bothers the posters-honest gun ownership not violent criminals

Well there is the problem that many murderers have never committed a felony before (or at least, never been caught) and there are also people who bought a gun when they were of sound mind, but their mental health declined. Background checks don't catch these people. But mental health in particular deserves the strictest protections of privacy. So ... no solution from me. Just outlining a problem.

It may surprise you to know I support Florida's three strike law. I don't usually support heavy escalation of charges, but where a gun is involved it is justified to save lives.

you're lying. I am pointing out how impotent your passive-aggressive trolling is. Do you think you accomplish anything with this oft-repeated nonsense?
What do you think you accomplish with your staunch support of firearms? I've said it before and I'll say it again, as far as you are concerned, your second amendment rights trump any amount of shooting deaths in your mind. Any attempt at gun control to you is an affront to your rights no matter how sensible. You will defend a gun before you defend a human shot by one.

Jennifer Morgan

I wonder how many were available to shoot back. :eek:
That is my point. You can't shoot back if someone is holding a gun to your head already. Duh
The criminal knows he is going to victimize you so he is at the ready before you know what time it is.

The idea that your gun protects you is so ****in stupid. If it would, I'd carry one. Duh

But I base decisions on intellectual.

What do you think you accomplish with your staunch support of firearms? I've said it before and I'll say it again, as far as you are concerned, your second amendment rights trump any amount of shooting deaths in your mind. Any attempt at gun control to you is an affront to your rights no matter how sensible. You will defend a gun before you defend a human shot by one.
funny that you want to blame me for gun deaths and you argue the crap you want to enact is sensible when all it does is protect violent criminals. For someone who has IIRC-glorified recreational drug use, I would note that those buying narcotics (and if you never claimed to have done that I will apologize in advance), I would note that contributes far more to violence than lawful gun ownership

I won't defend people who deserved to be shot. and I won't accept any blame for wrongful shootings since I have never done that

Back
Top Bottom