• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just an opinion piece

gbg3

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
But it sure matches the way I see the Dem situation and landscape.

"But as Maureen Dowd recently put it in her New York Times column, "Exhausted, confused, isolated and depressed Americans are not buying the Democratic line that things are better than they look.""

"But as Maureen Dowd recently put it in her New York Times column, "Exhausted, confused, isolated and depressed Americans are not buying the Democratic line that things are better than they look.""

It will be interesting to see what kind of wake-up call November will be. Perhaps they will stop chanting TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP and recognize the problems with their policies.

It is so obvious from the outside that it' s almost beyond belief that it is not as transparently obvious from the inside .

And, because posters so often go after the authors of opinion pieces in order to justify their dismissal of what was written, I found this Wikipedia section a bit interesting - where Goldberg described his own political "place".

"Personal politics
Though frequently described as a conservative, Goldberg previously rejected the label, describing himself as a life-long liberal modeled after the 1960s ideals of the U.S. Democratic Party. In a February 22, 2012 interview, Goldberg said: "The reason (people claim I'm conservative) is so I'll be automatically marginalized. I wrote in 'Bias' that I would make racial discrimination a criminal offense, not just a civil offense. On gay rights, I don’t know anyone more Libertarian than me. I don’t want the government getting involved in it. I’m pro-abortion with reservations. I’ve never set foot in a country club in my life. I consider myself to be an old-fashioned liberal. I’m a liberal the way liberals used to be when they were like John F. Kennedy and when they were like Hubert Humphrey, when they were upbeat and enthusiastic and mainstream. I am not a liberal the way liberals are today, at least as exemplified by Al Franken and Michael Moore, where they’re angry, nasty, closed minded, and not mainstream, but fringe. I think this is what really irks the media (about me). That this is coming from one of them. I was one of them for 28 years."

Goldberg has since accepted the label of "conservative," saying in 2020, "I see myself as a conservative with live and let live principles… a conservative libertarian I guess. Now, even when I agree with liberals on this issue or that, I no longer want to be on their team. I not only don’t accept their new left wing politics, it’s also their holier than thou elitism that annoys me. I no longer see myself as a liberal. They left me, not the other way around. Now, I’m a conservative. Not a right-wing nut, just a conservative with libertarian tendencies."

Another moronic Op Ed to tell us how Joe Biden is a flaming leftist revolutionary...BWAHAHAHAHHAA, gawd that sure was dumb.:geek::LOL::ROFLMAO:😂

I'm actually not surprised that you were taken in by it though G. I've come to realize that, to me anyway, your political judgement is not exactly what I'd call "sound".

Have a great day! And thanks for readin'......

thank you for reading.gif

And, because posters so often go after the authors of opinion pieces in order to justify their dismissal of what was written, I found this Wikipedia section a bit interesting - where Goldberg described his own political "place".

"Personal politics
Though frequently described as a conservative, Goldberg previously rejected the label, describing himself as a life-long liberal modeled after the 1960s ideals of the U.S. Democratic Party. In a February 22, 2012 interview, Goldberg said: "The reason (people claim I'm conservative) is so I'll be automatically marginalized. I wrote in 'Bias' that I would make racial discrimination a criminal offense, not just a civil offense. On gay rights, I don’t know anyone more Libertarian than me. I don’t want the government getting involved in it. I’m pro-abortion with reservations. I’ve never set foot in a country club in my life. I consider myself to be an old-fashioned liberal. I’m a liberal the way liberals used to be when they were like John F. Kennedy and when they were like Hubert Humphrey, when they were upbeat and enthusiastic and mainstream. I am not a liberal the way liberals are today, at least as exemplified by Al Franken and Michael Moore, where they’re angry, nasty, closed minded, and not mainstream, but fringe. I think this is what really irks the media (about me). That this is coming from one of them. I was one of them for 28 years."

Goldberg has since accepted the label of "conservative," saying in 2020, "I see myself as a conservative with live and let live principles… a conservative libertarian I guess. Now, even when I agree with liberals on this issue or that, I no longer want to be on their team. I not only don’t accept their new left wing politics, it’s also their holier than thou elitism that annoys me. I no longer see myself as a liberal. They left me, not the other way around. Now, I’m a conservative. Not a right-wing nut, just a conservative with libertarian tendencies."

Just wanted to point out to you G....that Monica33 agrees wholeheartedly with your OP.

*titter*

😂

It will be interesting to see what kind of wake-up call November will be. Perhaps they will stop chanting TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP and recognize the problems with their policies.
I think it is getting way ahead of myself but I do think it increasingly likely that the November election could be practically shocking. I think Dems could be very strongly rejected. I think VERY few want what Dems are selling.

I think it is getting way ahead of myself but I do think it increasingly likely that the November election could be practically shocking. I think Dems could be very strongly rejected. I think VERY few want what Dems are selling.
I assume you saw that Michael Bloomberg predicted a "wipeout" for DEms in November.

How are they going to react? Certainly the fringe (the majority of the a-holes here) will blame it on White Supremacy, Voter Suppression, Trump. We'll see if there are any rational folks left in the party.

Back
Top Bottom