• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just a heads up...

What if...?

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I think this is the appropriate place.

I just wanted to give my fellow forum members a heads up.

I work as a union stagehand, doing convention audiovisual.

Shows are cancelling all over the country.

This is billions of dollars of economic activity evaporating.

So I would expect economic impacts of some severity in the coming weeks.

They're saying coronovirus will be over by the summer.

NBC is glad they bought insurance coverage for their $1.2B buy of the Olympics about now.

Along with sporting events and travel, the virus is going to have a huge impact on the Nation and World, none of it good. Many a political leaders will lose their job due to this issue.

Flu season always ends when warm weather comes. If global warming takes effect maybe we won't have any more new strains to deal with. Trump haters need to stop trying to create a panic.

They're saying coronovirus will be over by the summer.

So that's what? Four or five months away?

Are you aware how long these things take to plan and execute? All the logistics and storage issues of semi trucks full.of gear that was moving from show to show stalled indefinitely?

Flu season always ends when warm weather comes. If global warming takes effect maybe we won't have any more new strains to deal with. Trump haters need to stop trying to create a panic.

There are 2 known strains right now. An annoying cold-like symptoms strand and the Do You Want To Be Buried Or Cremated strand. The latter seems to be abating with warmer weather in China. The former, not so much.

And that has exaclty diddly-squat to do with billions of dollars of economic activity between now and then and how long it takes everything in these industries to spin back up when we do get a handle on it.

This was an all ideologies warning.

Take it for what you will.

If you are otherwise healthy and take the normal precautions you would take during ANY cold and flu season, then what are you advocating for regarding THIS flu season?

asd.jpg
asf.jpg

Its spread in the southern hemisphere as well

s

I hear leeches work, too.

I understand that if you cover your body in a quarter inch layer of sanitizer and then wrap yourself in bubble wrap to keep the sanitizer locked in place and then cover that with duct tape to ensure no security breaches and then buy a full face oxygen mask and never leave your house...that can reduce your risks as well.

There is a virus out there that causes a flu. Its a new strain of an old virus. Since it was probably going around for at least a good solid month before the cat got out of the bag, the reality is that it is a pandemic...its everywhere. So...live your life and take all the normal precautions you would take for day to day living during the flu season...or...shelter in place for the duration.

I understand that if you cover your body in a quarter inch layer of sanitizer and then wrap yourself in bubble wrap to keep the sanitizer locked in place and then cover that with duct tape to ensure no security breaches and then buy a full face oxygen mask and never leave your house...that can reduce your risks as well.

There is a virus out there that causes a flu. Its a new strain of an old virus. Since it was probably going around for at least a good solid month before the cat got out of the bag, the reality is that it is a pandemic...its everywhere. So...live your life and take all the normal precautions you would take for day to day living during the flu season...or...shelter in place for the duration.

Yup. Life is risky. There are no guarantees, but good hygene will help with this disease. It may not prevent it, but it's possible antivirals like remdesivir will help treat it for those with life threatening infections. Otherwise, just use common sense and hope for a vaccine eventually.

If you believe Trump hating includes scientific awareness of the potentially catastrophic danger of coronavirus, then, lemmiwinx, I don't think you have a grip on this issue.

If you believe Trump hating includes scientific awareness of the potentially catastrophic danger of coronavirus, then, lemmiwinx, I don't think you have a grip on this issue.

From the CDC:

At this time, however, most people in the United States will have little immediate risk of exposure to this virus. This virus is NOT currently spreading widely in the United States. However, it is important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic.

From the CDC:

At this time, however, most people in the United States will have little immediate risk of exposure to this virus. This virus is NOT currently spreading widely in the United States. However, it is important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic.

Look up “pandemic.”

My nephew's school district just canceled classes for 14 days. They're going to initiate remote, online learning in its place. In the local news a couple of companies - Amazon is one of them - are encouraging people to stay home and work remotely.

My thoughts - what will people who can't afford a laptop computer or internet going to do? The local libraries don't have the capacity.

Yes, because in your mind the only reason the coronavirus exists is to take down trump :roll:

Its spread in the southern hemisphere as well

More reason for closing our southern border then or is that not politically correct?

Can't shut a gate to a fence that isn't there.

Armed drones, guard dogs, moats with alligators ever think outside the box?

More reason for closing our southern border then or is that not politically correct?
Is it fiscally correct?

Which is the bigger disruption, this new virus and related issues?
Or losing the trade of one of our bigger trading partners for some indefinite period?

Back
Top Bottom