• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Just a heads up...

Now toss in the number of new infections, which you evidently chose to ignore in your post above.

Here in this state, the number of known infections doubled over night. And the death rate is 20%. And that's with very very minimal testing.

OTOH, most of those that died were from the same facility and had compromised immune systems.

The scary thing is, at least 30 first responders (firefighters and paramedics) that have attended to these people have it AND are sick. Since they are all healthy adults, they will all probably be fine...but that kind of communicability, **when they are already taking precautions** is scary.

And I mean they are sick, not just testing positive.

And apparently...having been tested...the virus can live on glass for 96 hrs. (cell phone glass, for ex.)

Last edited:
Here in this state, the number of known infections doubled over night. And the death rate is 20%. And that's with very very minimal testing.

OTOH, most of those that died were from the same facility and had compromised immune systems.

The scary thing is, at least 30 first responders (firefighters and paramedics) that have attended to these people have it AND are sick. Since they are all healthy adults, they will all probably be fine...but that kind of communicability, **when they are already taking precautions** is scary.

And apparently...having been tested...the virus can live on glass for 96 hrs. (cell phone glass, for ex.)

Yeah, I'm really getting concerned about you gals and guys up in your area, Lursa, as well as Cali.. And folks here in Colo. are becoming more and more concerned, as we aren't too far away as the crow flies.

I think this is the appropriate place.

I just wanted to give my fellow forum members a heads up.

I work as a union stagehand, doing convention audiovisual.

Shows are cancelling all over the country.

This is billions of dollars of economic activity evaporating.

So I would expect economic impacts of some severity in the coming weeks.

Get used to eating baloney if you can afford it..Usually the green baloney is cheaper.

I will continue to live in my isolation chamber which also grows marijuana...

Yeah, I'm really getting concerned about you gals and guys up in your area, Lursa, as well as Cali.. And folks here in Colo. are becoming more and more concerned, as we aren't too far away as the crow flies.

Hey, we're the guinea pigs. People would be stupid not to watch what happens here.

Thanks for your good thoughts.

Yes, because in your mind the only reason the coronavirus exists is to take down trump :roll:

No it's the media is using it for a tool that's all. The virus doesn't even know who Trump is. What about all the cases in Italy and South Korea. Their leaders must be dumber than Trump right?

Last edited:
It's a damned shame this wasn't posted before the number of corona virus related deaths and infections skyrocketed. That way, all of these 'fake deaths and fake infections' wouldn't be such a major issue. Less panic; less deaths and infections. :roll:

More people die from the regular flu every year. Many, many more. Mostly the old and infirm it's nature's way.

No it's the media is using it for a tool that's all. The virus doesn't even know who Trump is. What about all the cases in Italy and South Korea. Their leaders must be dumber than Trump right?

I don't think it's possible for any adult human to be less intelligent that trump.

Yeah but we're in the Hot Zone.

I'm having my last facial today and am going to wait to re-schedule more until things settle down. ;)

And why wouldnt the tech giants encourage people to WFH? They're all set up to do so and have so many affiliate offices around the world that half the people in their meetings are online anyway. I'm being somewhat sarcastic because my company also sent out daily messages hedging that for about 5 days until finally, probably for liability reasons, told everyone they could 'work from home if they wish.' :roll: This after the State Secretary of Health had been saying anyone that could, SHOULD WFH. *sigh* $$$ over health, everywhere.

I'm also WFH indefinitely :mrgreen: but my team can at our discretion anyway. Lots of groups do it under the radar.

But never fear, Mike Pence is here! We can all relax :roll:

So what would you like me to do about it? Panic or not panic?

Neither.

Just expect more economic upheaval.

Billions lost in business and tax revenue. Lots of folks going on unemployment.

Fairly long "reset" time.

Just did a show with a bunch of south Korean scientists.

Materials scientists, and some working elsewhere than SK.

But lots of entourage kids, who probably hang with other entourage kids. Grad students mostly.

Wonder if any of them were asymptomatic carriers?

Got our first case in San Diego apparently. Worked at an AT&T store. Six stores closed for extreme cleaning.

Just did a show with a bunch of south Korean scientists.

Materials scientists, and some working elsewhere than SK.

But lots of entourage kids, who probably hang with other entourage kids. Grad students mostly.

Wonder if any of them were asymptomatic carriers?

Got our first case in San Diego apparently. Worked at an AT&T store. Six stores closed for extreme cleaning.

It's serious no doubt but it's not the Spanish flu of 1918 for Christ's sake. It's a nasty flu no doubt but the end of civilization isn't near. Chill out people. Trump will lead us through this so called crisis by the sheer power of his personality.

It's serious no doubt but it's not the Spanish flu of 1918 for Christ's sake. It's a nasty flu no doubt but the end of civilization isn't near. Chill out people. Trump will lead us through this so called crisis by the sheer power of his personality.

Thanks!

I needed a laugh.

It's not even the flu.

You should stand by your opinion and attend as many trump rallies as possible

Show us you're not afraid

Thanks!

I needed a laugh.

It's not even the flu.

You should stand by your opinion and attend as many trump rallies as possible

Show us you're not afraid

I have a mild cough but the doc advised me to stay home and treat it myself because they're being over run by hypochondriacs who think they have the Spanish flu of 1918.

The American news media you have to find them funny.

So when is he going to start leading us through this? So far he's sucking hind tit.

I have a mild cough but the doc advised me to stay home and treat it myself because they're being over run by hypochondriacs who think they have the Spanish flu of 1918.

The American news media you have to find them funny.

Sounds like you're well enough to attend a trump rally.

Its all just a conspiracy to keep y'all from showing your support.

We're hoping attendance drops so he looks weak on the news.

Now's your chance to help save your hero!

Flu season always ends when warm weather comes. If global warming takes effect maybe we won't have any more new strains to deal with. Trump haters need to stop trying to create a panic.

Guess we'll know soon, as there are infections in equatorial areas where its always warm.

If it spreads there, then warmth isn't going to help.

Maybe trump can ship some of his personality to those places, seein's how that is all that is necessary.

An Australian tried to resell toilet paper for $100 per roll. For some reason, the hypocrites of the free market began to shame him.
Toilet paper at such prices, and even more expensive, in capitalism system is allowed to sell only in one place - on the stock markets. But this is only for chosen thieves. And they also praised for it as "captains of business".
And what is the stock market?
This is when two money changers in a restaurant sell each other a greasy napkin for a million $ each.

I understand that if you cover your body in a quarter inch layer of sanitizer and then wrap yourself in bubble wrap to keep the sanitizer locked in place and then cover that with duct tape to ensure no security breaches and then buy a full face oxygen mask and never leave your house...that can reduce your risks as well.

There is a virus out there that causes a flu. Its a new strain of an old virus. Since it was probably going around for at least a good solid month before the cat got out of the bag, the reality is that it is a pandemic...its everywhere. So...live your life and take all the normal precautions you would take for day to day living during the flu season...or...shelter in place for the duration.

A mere nine days later, it's now clear that this was horrible advice.

Flu season always ends when warm weather comes. If global warming takes effect maybe we won't have any more new strains to deal with. Trump haters need to stop trying to create a panic.

My son lives in South America where it's warm year-round. There's coronavirus there. Each one of our warmer states, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, California, Texas, all have coronavirus. Are Trump lovers simply fooling themselves that we're making too much of a pandemic?

Back
Top Bottom