• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jussie Smollett, The new Tawana Brawley?

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This story of him being a victim of a hate crime smells very fishy.

1. How many subways are open at 2 am? Are you kidding me? Most subways close before 10 pm.

White boys in ski masks with rope, at 2 am in Chicago in 20 weather? WTF? Also, How does he know they are white if they were wearing ski masks?

This doesn't even sound believable. When I first saw this story I was asking, "is this man in a coma or something?" They released a picture of him and it looked like he had one small scratch.

My guess? This young man was not looking for that type of foot long at 2 am. Either that or a completely fake story.

1. How many subways are open at 2 am? Are you kidding me? Most subways close before 10 pm.

White boys in ski masks with rope, at 2 am in Chicago in 20 weather? WTF? This doesn't even sound believable. When I first saw this story I was asking, "is this man in a coma or something?" They released a picture of him and it looked like he had one small scratch.

My guess? This young man was not looking for that type of foot long at 2 am. Either that or a completely fake story.

It smells bad to me as well, though I have not looked far into this.

White boys in ski masks with rope, at 2 am in Chicago in 20 weather? WTF? Also, How does he know they are white if they were wearing ski masks?

This doesn't even sound believable. When I first saw this story I was asking, "is this man in a coma or something?" They released a picture of him and it looked like he had one small scratch.

As I wrote in another thread, this story reeks of fish.

This guy is in a posh neighborhood of Chicago, in the densely populated downtown, wandering around in -11 degree weather. Then outa nowhere two guys in ski masks, apparently routinely carrying a bottle of bleach and a handy rope for such occasions, accost him with nothing other than their hands - the actor later embellishing his story by "remembering" they were white and shouting about Maga country.

After hundreds of hours of video review of one of the most densely saturated areas in the City with private security cameras, the police find nothing.

So yes, likely his late night hookup for a BJ might have ended with a gay version of "Looking for Mr. Goodbar".

It's got FAKE HATE CRIME written all over it.

This guy is in a posh neighborhood of Chicago, in the densely populated downtown, wandering around in -11 degree weather. Then outa nowhere two guys in ski masks, apparently routinely carrying a bottle of bleach and a handy rope for such occasions, accost him with nothing other than their hands - the actor later embellishing his story by "remembering" they were white and shouting about Maga country.

After hundreds of hours of video review of one of the most densely saturated areas in the City with private security cameras, the police find nothing

So yes, likely his late night hookup for a BJ might have ended with a gay version of "Looking for Mr. Goodbar".

Ya that is big....the Police are desperately trying to find something, there has to be something...

After hundreds of hours of video review of one of the most densely saturated areas in the City with private security cameras, the police find nothing.

This story wouldn't even work in a movie.

I honestly had to laugh. Rope and bleach? Give me a break.

I prefer to let stories unfold before casting any opinions.

I am happy to see so many at DP who are smelling scam right now, because that is what I get.

I do think that the can of gas to a female motorist scam did a lot of damage.

People get tired of being chumps.

As best a choice as anyone can hope for. Though I would like to hear your thoughts on what might be the outcome.

Many younger members and guests may not know about the hoax involving Ms. Brawley.

It was one of the most disgraceful episodes in our history of ethnic unpleasantness.

What is more horrifying is that the Rev. Mr. Sharpton was involved in this hoax and yet he has a daily program on MSNBC, and he was regularly invited to the White House for his "advice" during the last administration.

As we wait for an impartial investigation, let's never forget the case involving Ms. Brawley and the Rev. Mr. Sharpton. It will remind us that we should wait until the facts come out.

P.S. Because of the recent schoolboys vs. veteran unpleasantness, some media are being careful on how they report this story.

I was shocked, however, that the Drudge Report's headline this morning made it seem as if it were already a fact.

Same here. I think as many security cameras out there that perhaps it could add light.

I think the craziest episode was the female McCain campaign worker who claimed a black man took a knife and cut a "B" for Barrack on her face. Unfortunately she carved it herself while looking at mirror so the "B" was backwards.

As best a choice as anyone can hope for. Though I would like to hear your thoughts on what might be the outcome.

The Navy set me straight on racism and I eventually became very close to many people who's ethnicity and color was different than mine. My own immediate family is a hodgepodge of color and ethnicity. (Black & Filipino)

I have zero tolerance for racists of any color, and I also a have zero tolerance for people who claim racism under every rock they find, or when things don't go their way. I have experienced both too many times in my life and it gets really old.

Excellent analogy.

Have you other ill-considered speculations to offer?

Red:
At least three of Chicago's subway lines are open at 2 a.m.

Blue:
When most subways close is irrelevant because Smollett was in Chicago; thus the hours of operation for Chicago's subway system are the only one's germane to Smollett's circumstances.

It smells bad to me as well, though I have not looked far into this.
Neither has Bucky.

Got beat up/robbed by the male prostitute he thought he'd hired....?

Red:

Blue:
When most subways close is irrelevant because Smollett was in Chicago; thus the hours of operation for Chicago's subway system are the only one's germane to Smollett's circumstances.

Neither has Bucky.

I believe that the word Subway, in that story, referred to the restaurant chain by that name - not the public transit system.

Red:

Blue:

Neither has Bucky.

"SUBWAY" is a restaurant. Der...

Yeah, they are open 24 hours in Chicago. And?

The ONLY part of the Big Racist Homophobe (how did the attackers know his genital preference? ) Attack story that is feasible.

Many younger members and guests may not know about the hoax involving Ms. Brawley.

It was one of the most disgraceful episodes in our history of ethnic unpleasantness.

What is more horrifying is that the Rev. Mr. Sharpton was involved in this hoax and yet he has a daily program on MSNBC, and he was regularly invited to the White House for his "advice" during the last administration.

As we wait for an impartial investigation, let's never forget the case involving Ms. Brawley and the Rev. Mr. Sharpton. It will remind us that we should wait until the facts come out.

P.S. Because of the recent schoolboys vs. veteran unpleasantness, some media are being careful on how they report this story.

I was shocked, however, that the Drudge Report's headline this morning made it seem as if it were already a fact.

Al Sharpton hasn't had a daily program on MSNBC since 2015.

Thanks for the GREAT news.

The BAD NEWS, however, is that (according to TV Guide online listings), the gentleman has a new program on Saturdays and Sundays. (I am guessing that the reverend told them to give him a show -- or else.)

Red:

Blue:

Neither has Bucky.

It was reported the young man was looking for sandwiches at 2 am. Subway is not like McDonalds, it isn't open 24-hours a day.

I tried the cheesey bread meatball sub. It's good however it is artery clogger!

I believe that the word Subway, in that story, referred to the restaurant chain by that name - not the public transit system.
Well, if that's the case, the Subway in which Smollett was observed standing is, in all likelihood, the one at 511 N Mcclurg Ct, Chicago, IL 60611. There again, both notions I expressed remain germane.

Neither did Bucky [think about the matter].

You will recall that Bucky asked, "How many subways are open at 2 am?" Afterwards he asserted, "Most subways close before 10 pm." Thus, though I took the OP-er at his word -- i.e., thinking he knew what he was talking about, I interpreted his question/remark as he wrote it, "subway" uncapitalized -- and strictly, something that for reasons I'll keep to myself, I shouldn't have done, the same logical shortcoming exists in his question/statement, regardless of whether the OP-er had written "subway" or "Subway."

Aside:
It's a trenchant testament to just how irredeemably inane be someone's so-called reasoning when their expressed thoughts are identically irrational, independent of whether their context be a sandwich shop or a public transit system! That Bucky's question and statement both have that quality goes directly to a theme Hawkeye10 and I discussed in a different thread.​

Subways in major cities don't close, they run around the clock. Chicago subway stations are open 24 hours. Same with NYC. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about because you've probably never ventured out of your redneck bubble

So they finally "woke" twenty-eight years after the disgusting Hoax and his singular public in role in inflaming race hate in NYC. (Reverend Bacon in Bonfire of the Vanities).

Subways in major cities don't close, they run around the clock. Chicago subway stations are open 24 hours. Same with NYC. As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about because you've probably never ventured out of your redneck bubble
The irony of you bleating on about a SUBWAY STATION in a story involving a SUBWAY SANDWICH SHOP and then talking **** about people that dont know what they are talking about???

:lamo

Priceless

Back
Top Bottom