• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jussie sentencing

He seems so smug about it, and he's still lying about it from what I recall seeing. I too hope he gets jail time.

He's no more guilty of a crime than those Jan6'ers who stormed the Capital that day looking for souvenirs. I say let Jussie off with a stern warning.

Smollett faces up to three years in prison for each of the five felony counts.
The sentencing will bring a temporary end to Smollett's battle regarding the attack, which frustrated the Chicago Police Department and led to Smollett being fired from "Empire" at the height of the show's popularity.

CBS Chicago coverage

Since it was not a crime of violence, he should not be jailed (where he would likely be "abused").

Home detention seems fair.

Some kind of financial restitution also seems fair.

He has set back the cause of his people, for whenever someone else in the future makes a similar accusation, the public will quite rightly be skeptical.

Shame on him!

It's ridiculous to put this guy in jail. He should never have even been arrested for it. Who, specifically, did he harm?

I'm guessing Jussie will never work in Hollywood again or even get a gig as a gameshow host. Could be wrong though it's a crazy world.

The defense just made their final pitch for as light a sentence as could possibly be imagined and they are on break for 5 min before the judge does his thing.

Fine him the cost of the investigation and prosecution.

I'm thinking that this judge will finally pass the sentence some time on Tuesday.

30 mos probation and $25k fine...what was that about incarceration? Did the judge just give him 6 mos?

Now Smollett is preaching.

He's definitely not suicidal.

Loony Tunes!!!!

It's ridiculous to put this guy in jail. He should never have even been arrested for it. Who, specifically, did he harm?
He "harmed" every crime victim in the Chicago area since hundreds of police man hours were spent on this phony "crime".
He harmed every black person who may be abused due to race, since people are rightfully skeptical of these claims because of idiots like him.
I feel about a 2 year sentence with all but 90 to 180 days suspended should do it.

I once did 65 days in county for a single driving under suspension. (sentenced to 90 days, was let out 25 days early). Who specifically did I harm?

C'mon man, step up your game here. This is a serious crime and the sentence should reflect that.

showed his ass with his comments
no way a stay of incarceration was going to ensue that stupid performance
actions and words demonstrated to the court that he has no sense of the wrongdoing he committed

Should get at least some jail time.
This is a serious crime IMO.
Agree 100% ... he inflamed racial tensions based on lies and was convicted of 5 felonies. He faked a crime, staged it and executed it poorly ... and he continues to lie even after the evidence has been presented.

I'm guessing Jussie will never work in Hollywood again or even get a gig as a gameshow host. Could be wrong though it's a crazy world.
ye is now a billionaire
and crazy as a loon

anything can happen

Agree 100% ... he inflamed racial tensions based on lies and was convicted of 5 felonies. He faked a crime, staged it and executed it poorly ... and he continues to lie even after the evidence has been presented.

Cant believe he was so stupid as to think he'd get away with that.
Even used his own cellphone LMAO.
Not exactly an Einstein type I guess.

150 days then probation and a fine.

Smollett is freaking insane!

5 months? That sounds about right, plus a nice fat fine.
Nice job by the judge, no need to be draconian but he's got to be punished.

Back
Top Bottom