• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jussie sentencing

I'm guessing that the main reason for keeping the incarceration to 150 days is so that this lunatic doesn't drive the whole prison system nuts.
:ROFLMAO:

Serious remorse may have gone a long way.

Right.
He's one of those rare birds that believes his own lies, I saw that.
His indignation was real, I have seen a couple of people in my life that seriously believe their own lies.

Right.
He's one of those rare birds that believes his own lies, I saw that.
His indignation was real, I have seen a couple of people in my life that seriously believe their own lies.
My first thought was that he was seriously trying to proof a concern for a greater good, but it has boiled down to personal ego.

It's ridiculous to put this guy in jail. He should never have even been arrested for it. Who, specifically, did he harm?
He hurt people who have actually had hate crimes happen to them. It makes people think twice now whether it actually happened or not, thereby possibly denying justice.

I'm guessing that the main reason for keeping the incarceration to 150 days is so that this lunatic doesn't drive the whole prison system nuts.

Unless he can cut some kind of special deal - unless it has has changed - sentencing in Cook County of less than a 'year & a day' means Smollette will remain in Cook County Jail for his time. That is a fate most considered worse than doing what's traditionally thought of us 'hard time', in the state prison system.

In most criminal justice systems, 'jail' is considered 'easy time', while 'state prison' is considered 'hard time'. Not so, in Chicago! 'County' is the 'hard time'! It's thought of as a unique place of hell, all its own!

Back in the day, I've heard of guys found guilty of lower level crimes, that know they will get at least some moderate time approaching a year, who consequently negotiate for a slightly stiffer sentence of, 'a year & a day'. They do this so they can immediately be transferred to Joliet State Prison (John Prine's 'Charm School in Joliet'), rather than face 8 or 10 months in County! Not that Joliet was so great, but that County was so bad!

Trust me, unless Smollet gets special treatment, 6 months in County will be 6 months of living hell. He will never be the same. It's truly a hellacious place, perhaps the worse in the country. It's not just the guards & administration that's the problem, but the fellow inmates. The stories that come out of County, from those that spent time there, can often be beyond belief. Smollet is going to learn a very dear lesson, and will never be the same.

Last edited:
Unless he can cut some kind of special deal - unless it has has changed - sentencing in Cook County of less than a 'year & a day' means Smollette will remain in Cook County Jail for his time. That is a fate most considered worse than doing what's traditionally thought of us 'hard time' in the state prison system.

Back in the day, I've heard of guys found guilty of lower level crimes, that know they will get at least some moderate time, negotiate for a stiffer sentence of, 'a year & a day'. They do this so they can immediately be transferred to Joliet State Prison (John Prine's 'Charm School in Joliet'), rather than face 8 or 10 months in County!

Trust me, unless Smollet gets special treatment, 6 months in County will be 6 months of living hell. He will never be the same. It's truly a hellacious place, perhaps the worse in the country. It's not just the guards & administration that's the problem, but the fellow inmates. The stories that come out of County, from those that spent time there, can often be beyond belief. Smollet is going to learn a very dear lesson, and will never be the same.
no worries

he has already advised us he will not commit suicide, so they don't place him in the epstein wing of the lockup

about august 10 he can check out

no worries

he has already advised us he will not commit suicide, so they don't place him in the epstein wing of the lockup

about august 10 he can check out

He'll only serve half, if he keeps his nose clean. He gets one day of good behaviour for every day served.

His immediate challenge will be to stay safe, and avoid confrontations, which is kinda' hard to do given the power the prison gangs wield inside. He's going to be presented with some interesting choices to make, with very complex dynamics, to which he might be unfamiliar. My understanding from a long time ago, is he will virtually have to strike-up at least some allegiance to one of the gang factions.

His next challenge, though far more controllable, will be to adjust his attitude to conform to the jail authorities in order to keep his nose clean with them - too. Just as there's 'street' justice, there's 'jail guard' justice.

The most difficult thing for him may be in discerning where & when the power lies with the guards, and where & when the power lies with the inmate gangs, and to conduct himself appropriately given the situation. He will be powerless, and will have to figure a lot of stuff out!

Last edited:
Reactions: PoS
Unless he can cut some kind of special deal - unless it has has changed - sentencing in Cook County of less than a 'year & a day' means Smollette will remain in Cook County Jail for his time. That is a fate most considered worse than doing what's traditionally thought of us 'hard time', in the state prison system.

In most criminal justice systems, 'jail' is considered 'easy time', while 'state prison' is considered 'hard time'. Not so, in Chicago! 'County' is the 'hard time'! It's thought of as a unique place of hell, all its own!

Back in the day, I've heard of guys found guilty of lower level crimes, that know they will get at least some moderate time approaching a year, who consequently negotiate for a slightly stiffer sentence of, 'a year & a day'. They do this so they can immediately be transferred to Joliet State Prison (John Prine's 'Charm School in Joliet'), rather than face 8 or 10 months in County! Not that Joliet was so great, but that County was so bad!

Good. If anything his time in the hole ought to teach him some humility.

Let's face it, he wouldnt have served any jail time if he simply came clean, but his ego just couldnt let it go.

Good. If anything his time in the hole ought to teach him some humility.

Let's face it, he wouldnt have served any jail time if he simply came clean, but his ego just couldnt let it go.

Well, his ego may take some bruising, to say nothing of possibly his body - too, if he don't figure-out how it works inside! Unless they give him 24/7 solitary lockdown due to his celebrity status and being in the public eye?

Well, his ego may take some bruising, to say nothing of possibly his body - too, if he don't figure-out how it works inside! Unless they give him 24/7 solitary lockdown due to his celebrity status and being in the public eye?
I bet he requested solitary the moment the cameras left him.

He'll only serve half, if he keeps his nose clean. He gets one day of good behaviour for every day served.

His immediate challenge will be to stay safe, and avoid confrontations, which is kinda' hard to do given the power the prison gangs wield inside. He's going to be presented with some interesting choices to make, with very complex dynamics, to which he might be unfamiliar. My understanding from a long time ago, is he will virtually have to strike-up at least some allegiance to one of the gang factions.

His next challenge, though far more controllable, will be to adjust his attitude to conform to the jail authorities in order to keep his nose clean with them - too. Just as there's 'street' justice, there's 'jail guard' justice.

The most difficult thing for him may be in discerning where & when the power lies with the guards, and where & when the power lies with the inmate gangs, and to conduct himself appropriately given the situation. He will be powerless, and will have to figure a lot of stuff out!
Would help if he played in a movie they made about that.

Still insisting on innocence. Which means.... what, exactly? The two actually did attack them, and then rather that just charge them with a hate crime attack, the police spontaneously decided to then join with the two in framing Smollet for faking a hate crime? Or was it supposed to be a pre-meditated frame-up?

Has he ever tried explaining what the motivations of the various parties had to do all the things they would have to do for that to happen?

Aaaannnnndddd...now he's out of jail.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/jussie-smollett/2022/03/16/id/1061561/

Jussie Smollett was ordered released from jail Wednesday by an appeals court that agreed with his lawyers that he should be free pending the appeal of his conviction for lying to Chicago police about a racist and homophobic attack.
I'm guessing that the sentencing judge, convicting jury and most of America is racist which is the only reason Juicy got hauled into court in the first place.

Next step, special counsel to investigate the travesty of investigating Juicy in the first place, heads start rolling in the Chicago court system, Juicy gets paid $105M in rreparations and Kim Foxx is appointed Governor.

Chicago justice?
No doubt he is gulity.
Sure he's guilty but it's the inherently racist system, designed from the ground up to enslave blacks, that has determined his guilt and, since that system is the most horrible system ever created, he's really not guilty by reason of racism.

Back
Top Bottom