• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jury finds shock jock Hal Turner guilty of threatening judges

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(CNN) -- Hal Turner, an online radio "shock jock" and blogger, was convicted on Friday of threatening to kill three federal judges in Chicago, Illinois, in retaliation for a ruling they made that upheld handgun bans, government officials said.

Turner was arrested and charged in June 2009 for posting incendiary comments that said the judges involved in the case deserved to be killed. The three judges he threatened, who had upheld a ban on handguns in Chicago and the Oak Park suburb, testified at the trial.

Now I can't speak for anybody else, but you don't go around advocating the murder of judges if you don't agree with their decisions. Looks like Turner is not only a whack job, but now a convict too, and deservedly so. Hopefully he will get enough prison time to reflect on what what he did.

Article is here.

Last edited:
Now I can't speak for anybody else, but you don't go around advocating the murder of judges if you don't agree with their decisions. Looks like Turner is not only a whack job, but now a convict too, and deservedly so. Hopefully he will get enough prison time to reflect on what what he did.

Article is here.

As a convict, does that mean he will not be allowed to own guns any more?

As a convict, does that mean he will not be allowed to own guns any more?

He can always whittle a bar of soap into one. He will have plenty of time to learn that. LOL.

Article is here.

So saying someone deserves to die should be a crime? I can't believe you are actually advocating that someone should go to prison for saying they think someone should die. I have a feeling that the conviction will be overturned. If he actually threatened them meaning he actually told the judges that he would kill them or have them killed then that would actually be threatening someone. Saying you think someone should die is not threatening them nor should it be a crime. How many of us said a certian killer should die, someone should beat the **** crap out of someone or someone should have something happen to them?

Last edited:
So saying someone deserves to die should be a crime? I can't believe you are actually advocating that someone should go to prison for saying they think someone should die. I have a feeling that the conviction will be overturned. If he actually threatened them meaning he actually told the judges that he would kill them or have them killed then that would actually be threatening someone. Saying you think someone should die is not threatening them nor should it be a crime. How many of us said a certian killer should die, someone should beat the **** crap out of someone or someone should have something happen to them?

Here's the deal. He was advocating the death of judges on his radio show, and (this is key) posted the names and addresses of those judges on his web site. This goes beyond just saying that they should die. You cannot advocate death, and then post the home addresses of those you advocate death for. Turner is nothing more than a terrorist provacateur, and the verdict is appropriate.

Here's the deal. He was advocating the death of judges on his radio show, and (this is key) posted the names and addresses of those judges on his web site. This goes beyond just saying that they should die. You cannot advocate death, and then post the home addresses of those you advocate death for. Turner is nothing more than a terrorist provacateur, and the verdict is appropriate.

Unless he said he was going to kill them or have them killed then he did not threaten anyone. The only illegal thing he may have done is post unlisted addresses if these judges had unlisted addresses. Him saying he thinks so and so should die and posting their pictures and address is not proof that he threatened the judges. If I post a picture of someone who is behind bars,name of prison they are in and I say I think that individual should die, did I threaten that individual? No I did not. NO if I sent that person behind bars a letter saying I'm going to do something to him or have something done to him then that would be a threat.

Last edited:
Turner was also ****-stain neo-nazi, I hope he gets brutally killed in prison.
He'll probably end up being the figurehead leader of whatever Aryan Nations group is active in that institution until one of the blacks or hispanics stabs him in the yard or something.

Unless he said he was going to kill them or have them killed then he did not threaten anyone. The only illegal thing he may have done is post unlisted addresses if these judges had unlisted addresses. Him saying he thinks so and so should die and posting their pictures and address is not proof that he threatened the judges. If I post a picture of someone who is behind bars,name of prison they are in and I say I think that individual should die, did I threaten that individual? No I did not.
I respectfully disagree with you here, and I use the argument of shouting fire in a crowded theater. But I have just found something disturbing on this. Turner was a paid informant for the FBI. Was Turner paid by the government to provoke members on the right to incite violence? I don't know. The jury said no, but something stinks about this. Sure, Turner is an asshole, but this angle needs to be investigated. This is the kind of stuff the government got caught doing to left wing activists in the 1960's, so they are definitely capable of this kind of behavior. This needs to be looked into further. Did the government use Turner, and then dump him?

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with you here, and I use the argument of shouting fire in a crowded theater. But I have just found something disturbing on this. Turner was a paid informant for the FBI. Was Turner paid by the government to provoke members on the right to incite violence? I don't know. The jury said no, but something stinks about this. Sure, Turner is an asshole, but this angle needs to be investigated. This is the kind of stuff the government got caught doing to left wing activists in the 1960's, so they are definitely capable of this kind of behavior. This needs to be looked into further.

I don't know...if you're saying that he was egged on or instructed by the FBI to post this kind of incendiary information, I don't buy it. 'Cause if they'da asked Maggie to do it, it woulda' been on tape...by me.

Turner said he resigned as an informant because the FBI had prodded him to remove postings of the names and addresses of judges even though it was not illegal to publish them.

Posting their addresses ought to have landed him in jail. That's just plain terrorism.

I don't know...if you're saying that he was egged on or instructed by the FBI to post this kind of incendiary information, I don't buy it. 'Cause if they'da asked Maggie to do it, it woulda' been on tape...by me.

Posting their addresses ought to have landed him in jail. That's just plain terrorism.

I agree with your last sentence, but I still feel it appropriate that this matter be looked into a little deeper. Our government has played dirty tricks like this before.

On December 6, 2006, Turner announced on his website:

"We may have to ASSASSINATE some of the people you elect on Nov. 7! This could be your LAST ELECTION CHANCE, to save this Republic... Sorry to have to be so blunt, but the country is in mortal danger from our present government and our liberty is already near dead because of this government. If you are too stupid to turn things around with your vote, there are people out here like me who are willing to turn things around with guns, force and violence. We hope our method does not become necessary."[32]

Since the announcement was made, Turner has had difficulties finding a host for his website. He alleged that his website has been the target of denial of service attacks, and subsequently filed a pro se lawsuit.[33][34][35]

On April 4, 2008, Turner encouraged violence against Lexington, Massachusetts school superintendent Paul Ash for establishing a new curriculum supporting gays and lesbians. On his website, he stated:

"I advocate parents using FORCE AND VIOLENCE against Superintendent Paul B. Ash as a method of defending the health and safety of school children presently being endangered through his politically-correct indoctrination into deadly, disease-ridden sodomite lifestyles."[36]

He went on to provide Ash's personal information, including his address.[36] Fourteen months later, on June 2, 2009, Turner posted on his blog

"Let me be the first to say this plainly: These judges deserve to be killed. Their blood will replenish the tree of liberty. A small price to pay to assure freedom for millions."

The next day Turner posted information on how to find Chief Judge Frank Easterbrook and Judges Richard Posner and William Joseph Bauer

Hal Turner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jesus this dude is crazy as hell. It seems like the jury made the right judgement.

Jesus this dude is crazy as hell. It seems like the jury made the right judgement.

They should have found him not guilty due to insanity, then call the men in white coats to take him away. LOL.

They should have found him not guilty due to insanity, then call the men in white coats to take him away. LOL.

Haha maybe, but then he would have posted the addresses of those taking care of him and told people that those doctors need to die as well.

Haha maybe, but then he would have posted the addresses of those taking care of him and told people that those doctors need to die as well.

You know what they say about people like him? Always pointing the finger at others, and never taking responsibility. That's too bad. Why didn't he just man up on his radio show, take a little responsibility, and say....

"I am a douche bag. Kill me".
:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom