• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jury Finds First US Capitol Riot Defendant To Go On Trial Guilty On All Counts

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The jury didn't deliberate long.

Guilty on all counts.

I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Reffitt was charged with five counts -- wanting to obstruct the congressional certification of the 2020 presidential election, transporting guns into DC, carrying a Smith & Wesson handgun onto the restricted grounds of the Capitol, interfering with Capitol Police protecting the Upper West Terrace and obstructing justice by threatening his son and daughter when he returned to Texas.

Out the window goes the argument that the seditionists were unarmed.

Reffitt was charged with five counts -- wanting to obstruct the congressional certification of the 2020 presidential election, transporting guns into DC, carrying a Smith & Wesson handgun onto the restricted grounds of the Capitol, interfering with Capitol Police protecting the Upper West Terrace and obstructing justice by threatening his son and daughter when he returned to Texas.

Yes I've been pointing out that fact since last summer.

Yet the far right keeps repeating the lie.

Just some Trump-loving tourist who got a little excited — and just happened to be carrying. A little family disagreement afterwards being blown out of proportion. You know how Dems exaggerate.

Those arguments are now null and void. Thank heavens.

Hope more convictions are coming for the Jan 6 traitors.

Oh geez……one guy accidentally forgot he was carrying. The vast majority were unarmed.

^^That will be the new go-to line.

Oh geez……one guy accidentally forgot he was carrying. The vast majority were unarmed.

There were 10,000 people there. Almost none were arrested that day. How many would you suppose got away with the illegal weapons charge? I guess we'll never know. But I guarandamntee you it was more than one.

There were 10,000 people there. Almost none were arrested that day. How many would you suppose got away with the illegal weapons charge? I guess we'll never know. But I guarandamntee you it was more than one.
How many of the 10K stormed the Capitol and assaulted police?

How many of the 10K stormed the Capitol and assaulted police?
Some say 800 or more. It's really hard to say. The point is guns are illegal in DC. And more so on capitol grounds.

That's likely gunna finally impress a little reality into some pea sized brains. The crystal ball sees a lot of plea deals in the near future.

Of course DT will pick up all their legal bills and pay their mortgages etc while they are in the lockup.

That's likely gunna finally impress a little reality into some pea sized brains. The crystal ball sees a lot of plea deals in the near future.

Of course DT will pick up all their legal bills and pay their mortgages etc while they are in the lockup.
I believe some may be banking Trump gets elected again and pardons them. The thing is, Trump would be the only corrupt president to do something like that. I doubt anyone else would consider it.

Last edited:
I have friends that still swear up and down it was a false flag operation by Antifa and BLM. When I press then for evidence of this they just say, "You know its true!".
I hope this conviction is the beginning of a pattern. While I strongly support the First and Second amendment rights, I do not support armed insurrection by a mob when there are appropriate and effective legal means available.

Read the follow up line and take a deep breath. I’m predicting the new right-wing argument, not making my own.

Read the follow up line and take a deep breath. I’m predicting the new right-wing argument, not making my own.
I guess I missed that. But it's not new. They've been saying that for a year now.

Who goes to a riot and “forgets” he brought a gun?

The excuse making is totally ridiculous.

Since when have the excuses for January 6 ever made sense? On the contrary, it seems the more ridiculous the excuse, the more likely it is to be parroted by our Trumpist posters.

Most of us that carry on a daily basis do so pretty much everywhere. The exception, usually, would be for places where it's posted that you can't carry. As a rule, that includes inside most government buildings. Since this guy wasn't inside a building he may not have been aware that the area around the Capitol was treated the same was as inside the building. That being said, anyone with a lick of sense knows that DC is HIGHLY restrictive with regard to carrying firearms but, perhaps, he figured the risk of getting caught was outweighed by the risk of violence. It's a calculation a lot of us make every day, sometimes several times a day.

The jury didn't deliberate long.

Guilty on all counts.

I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison.

Yep. A fast deliberation, guilty on all 5 counts, and looking at a significant federal sentence.

Great news for the government of the People! (y)

We couldn't have asked for a greater precedent, as this will now tip the hand of the other insurrectionist to cut deal, and maybe even rat more on each other, Watch the pleas coming flowing out!

Now besides more easily & quickly serving justice, we'll even save some of our cash!

Trump can only do so much, when he's out of office. So obviously it's important to keep him out, as his freeing these criminals is one more reason to vote against him.

As to the criminals themselves, Donald's help might help soften the blow of conviction, but the loss of one's freedom is a very difficult blow to deal with, and is the paramount punishment.

Back
Top Bottom