• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jury convicts DeMarquise Elkins of murder in shooting of toddler Antonio Santiago

Superfly

Salty, defiant, and completely non-compliant.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Jury convicts De'Marquise Elkins of murder in shooting of toddler Antonio Santiago | firstcoastnews.com MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- A jury has convicted an 18-year-old man of murder in the shooting of a baby in a stroller in coastal Georgia.

Jurors deliberated about two hours Friday before finding De'Marquise Elkins guilty of the March 21 killing of 13-month-old Antonio Santiago in Brunswick.

The man's mother, Karimah Elkins, was on trial alongside him and was found guilty of tampering with evidence but acquitted of lying to police.

Prosecutors said Elkins killed Antonio in an attempted robbery. The baby's mother, Sherry West, also was shot.

The two-week trial was held near Atlanta because of pretrial publicity.

Another teen, 15-year-old Dominique Lang, is also charged with murder in the case and is set to be tried later.
So my question is this - when are they going after the baby's mother?

As usual in perjury cases, not much happens! Glad they got these punks though. They don't need a trail, they need to be executed in a public square by the people in that community!

Tim-

Why would they go after the baby's mother? She was shot in the attempted robbery along with her child.

Why would they go after the baby's mother? She was shot in the attempted robbery along with her child.

There's a lot more to this than the media is reporting. I live in this community, and most people here believe the Mom had something to do with it.

She's a known crack-whore who has traded her body for drugs.
She cremated the baby on Friday, even though the baby was killed on Thursday.
She gave away the baby's clothes and food on Friday.
She was immediately on TV on the local news, giving interviews. She was "crying" but no tears were coming out.
Her story changed several times, about several different things regarding the murder.
On Thursday night, she called her adult daughter and asked when she thought they'd release the insurance check.
She had gunshot residue on her hands.
The baby's father had gunshot residue on his hands.
The boy who was convicted today did not have gunshot residue on his hands.

While I'm not saying Elkins is entirely innocent, I believe that there is a lot more than meets the eye.

There's a lot more to this than the media is reporting. I live in this community, and most people here believe the Mom had something to do with it.

She was immediately on TV on the local news, giving interviews. She was "crying" but no tears were coming out.
Her story changed several times, about several different things regarding the murder.
On Thursday night, she called her adult daughter and asked when she thought they'd release the insurance check.

While I'm not saying Elkins is entirely innocent, I believe that there is a lot more than meets the eye.

So what exactly would they go after the babys mother for?

Didn't you read Superfly's list above?

Didn't you read Superfly's list above?

He said going after like there was proof of wrongdoing.
How did the kid get convicted if he didn't do it?

That is not a naive question.

It is almost like the baby getting killed is good news in this case when taken in context to the rest. It is not often things are so screwed up that a 13 month baby being killed might be the good news. Could we just gather all the defendants and their family and nuke them from orbit just to be sure?

He said going after like there was proof of wrongdoing.
How did the kid get convicted if he didn't do it?

That is not a naive question.

You don't know much about the deep South, do you?

It is almost like the baby getting killed is good news in this case when taken in context to the rest. It is not often things are so screwed up that a 13 month baby being killed might be the good news. Could we just gather all the defendants and their family and nuke them from orbit just to be sure?

So long as the baby's mother and father go along as well. This is not the first child the mother has "lost."

Back
Top Bottom