• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jury awards $14M to George Floyd protesters in Denver

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/jury-awards-14m-george-floyd-protesters-denver-83680880

DENVER -- Jurors on Friday found police used excessive force against protesters, violating their constitutional rights, during demonstrations over the killing of George Floyd two years ago, ordering the city to pay a total of $14 million in damages to a group of 12 who sued.
12 protesters get $14M.

The Denver protests were violent. There were gunshots. There was lots of vandalism. There were lots of arrests.

The protesters are getting $14M.

In Denver you break the law, you get paid. In DC if you break the law you get shot in the neck and the cop gets treated like a hero.

Does that sound like equal treatment under the law?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/jury-awards-14m-george-floyd-protesters-denver-83680880

12 protesters get $14M.

The Denver protests were violent. There were gunshots. There was lots of vandalism. There were lots of arrests.

In Denver you break the law, you get paid. In DC if you break the law you get shot in the neck and the cop gets treated like a hero.

I wonder how much the 1/6 protesters are gonna get

12 protesters get $14M.

Man it's so great when justice is done. These were non-violent protesters who's only wish is for racist cops to stop murdering them.

Good bless them for their great work. I wish they could have been awarded more!

The jury awarded 12 violent vandal protesters. Supposedly.

Hey - I know this is off-topic. Did you have a bet with me about Rittenhouse? I was supposed to do something for you after @Daddyo on 3/22? Ring a bell?

Hey - I know this is off-topic. Did you have a bet with me about Rittenhouse? I was supposed to do something for you after @Daddyo on 3/22? Ring a bell?

I think it was the 19th but the one you got is fine last day should be 4/18

12 protesters get $14M.

Looks like another big Thug Lotto Payout.

Fortunately for me....I dont pay taxes.

Crazy times we're living in. Soon the whole country will be just as big a shithole as Detroit. That should be nice.

I think it was the 19th but the one you got is fine last day should be 4/18
So, you're going to send me instructions on the 18th?

From the article -
During the trial, Denver admitted that mistakes were made at the protests, which it says were unprecedented in their size, duration and amount of violence and destruction. Over 80 officers were injured as protesters hurled rocks, water bottles and canned food at them, and the state Capitol, the hub of the protests, incurred $1.1 million in damage, according to the city. Lawyers for the protesters who sued stressed they were not accused of being violent themselves.
Please note that Ashli Babbitt wasn't violent herself, just like the fine, upstanding Denver protesters, but she took a bullet to the neck and the cop that killed her was hailed as a hero.

This is NOT equal treatment under the law and with payouts like this one and the one in Austin it's a call to arms for violent protesters, as long as they are supporting Democrat causes.

These were non-violent protesters who's only wish is for racist cops to stop murdering them.

All you have to do is stop being a criminal.
But thats too much like "work" to these folks.

I dunno....maybe there is a productive use for the Rittenhouses of the nation after all.:unsure:

From the article -

Please note that Ashli Babbitt wasn't violent herself, just like the fine, upstanding Denver protesters, but she took a bullet to the neck and the cop that killed her was hailed as a hero.

This is NOT equal treatment under the law and with payouts like this one and the one in Austin it's a call to arms for violent protesters, as long as they are supporting Democrat causes.

They were looting and burning for "social justice". Geo Floyd wanted them to have those big screen TVs and Air Jordans.(y)

Did the police use excessive force against the 1/6 protesters or did the 1/6 protesters use excessive force against the police? The 1/6 protesters have the right to claim 'victimhood' and sue the DC police, good luck...

Did the police use excessive force against the 1/6 protesters or did the 1/6 protesters use excessive force against the police? The 1/6 protesters have the right to claim 'victimhood' and sue the DC police, good luck...

The Police didnt use excessive force in either case IMO.If you dont want to be hit by rubber bullets(or lead ones FTM), dont attend riots.Seems simple enough.

Some folk are pretty dense though.

From the article -

Please note that Ashli Babbitt wasn't violent herself

Wow.

I hate that we don't have and use non-lethal weapons, but she was leading a violent mob of T**** trolls into the Capitol.

Last edited:
Man it's so great when justice is done. These were non-violent protesters who's only wish is for racist cops to stop murdering them.

Didn't this riot take place in Denver? I was not aware that George Floyd was killed in Denver, but maybe I didn't get the correct memo on that one?
Good bless them for their great work. I wish they could have been awarded more!
14 million will not help these people. All of their lowlife family and friends will come begging for their share. There will much drinking, much drugs, and then after shots ring out, these same "protestors" will be calling 9-1-1 for help.

Just mark my words, it is a story often repeated. Not everyone is cut out to manage money. If they didn't have it before, getting it later will only make their lives even more stupid than they were already.

12 protesters get $14M.

Amazing article. It doesn't even tell us what Zach Packard claims he was doing when he was hit in the face with a bean bag fired from a shotgun.

Didn't this riot take place in Denver? I was not aware that George Floyd was killed in Denver, but maybe I didn't get the correct memo on that one?

14 million will not help these people. All of their lowlife family and friends will come begging for their share. There will much drinking, much drugs, and then after shots ring out, these same "protestors" will be calling 9-1-1 for help.

Just mark my words, it is a story often repeated. Not everyone is cut out to manage money. If they didn't have it before, getting it later will only make their lives even more stupid than they were already.
Yep, typical white supremacist bullshit. Warms my heart :(

🧐

51922c30c5e251b562ad76050dbd5eb57cf2cb43.png

"Keep America great" they said. :rolleyes:

12 protesters get $14M.

These protestors weren't traitors trying to overthrow the government, like your Trump traitor friends on Jan 6.

Maybe one day you'll understand that, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom