• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jury awards $14M to George Floyd protesters in Denver

Thats not true Fish. I know its not true heh heh heh heh. Thats just the FOX spin on things, nothing is further from the truth.

We're in good, strong and steady European White Male hands with President Biden heh heh heh heh heh. That wont ever change Fish. Its going to be alright.

View attachment 67382223
Now replace Rob with Peaceful Warrior in this post.
Oh look, and Rob threw the "racism" card too. How.....quaint. He's helping the poor oppressed folk. Because they need his help.

I dont think that word means what you think it means Jay. "Strawman".

He said "people are getting paid for their participation in the summer of love"

That's the straw man (or strawman) he created for his convenience.

Instead of attacking real issue, which is protestors in Denver being rewarded, following a trial, for being abused/hit/injured by cops.

So, yes, it's a textbook straw man fallacy.

If you're in a riot you're rioting. You don't get to stand in front of rioters an act as some kind of human shield or provide cover for them. Were they actively engaging in stopping the rioters?
The jury saw lots of video evidence from both police and protesters. They heard testimony from both sides. They only took a few hours to side with the protesters. You seem really confident that these people were actively rioting. Do you have videos that the jury didn't see? Was Zachary Packard a violent rioter? Was he acting like a human shield for rioters? The jury didn't think so.

It sounds like you're just assuming the worst because you don't like their politics, which is pathetic. In America we have a right to protest. There must be justification before the government can send people to the ICU. The police didn't have justification.

"The largest individual award, $3 million, went to Zachary Packard, who was struck in the head by a projectile fired from a police shotgun. He suffered a broken jaw and skull, two fractured spinal discs and bleeding in his brain, the lawsuit said."

Actually, and quite ironically, they're getting paid because they were victims of the very thing they were protesting against: police misconduct and excessive force.
You mistake me for someone that actually cares.

Burn down the cities in peaceful protests for all I care. And then have the cities have to pay the peaceful protestors millions.

I could truly not care less.

I find it all rather amusing.

Breaking into restricted access property isn’t being violent?
Just a kegger gone wild, eventually they would have stripped and started kissing each other just like the girls gone wild video's.

The video sales would have broken records

That's the straw man (or strawman) he created. For his biased convenience.

The real topic is protestors in Denver being rewarded, after a trial, for being abused/hit/injured by cops.

You think I care about any of it?

Burn the cities to the ground as far as I’m concerned.

I really don’t care. I am not the one responsible for paying these lawsuits and I don’t live or own a business in any city. So I could truly not care any less.

I find it amusing at most.

You think I care about any of it?

Burn the cities to the ground as far as I’m concerned.

I really don’t care. I am not the one responsible for paying these lawsuits and I don’t live or own a business in any city. So I could truly not care any less.

I find it amusing at most.
I know you don't care.

That's the straw man (or strawman) he created. For his biased convenience.

The real topic is protestors in Denver being rewarded, after a trial, for being abused/hit/injured by cops.

A straw man fallacy as I understand it Jay, is fabricating a nonexistent person (straw man) that has characteristics that you attribute to your debate opponent that you then ridicule and/or argue against, when your debate opponent has never stated that he/she holds such beliefs.
Like if I say that a fella like Mia Thomas shouldn't be participating in WOMENS swimming competitions, and then you say "My opponent is a bigot that doesnt respect "trans rights" and thinks transgenders should be second class humans!!" This is a straw man because I do not actually think those things at all.

Okay Jay: Now THANK ME.:sneaky:(y)

Nah, your posts are just very lazy. And full of lies.
Yet you can't demonstrate them to be lies, while what I said has significant support. Seems like you're the one on the CT side of the aisle here but I understand that you are required by ideology to defend an ailing Joe.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/jury-awards-14m-george-floyd-protesters-denver-83680880

12 protesters get $14M.

The Denver protests were violent. There were gunshots. There was lots of vandalism. There were lots of arrests.

The protesters are getting $14M.

In Denver you break the law, you get paid. In DC if you break the law you get shot in the neck and the cop gets treated like a hero.

Does that sound like equal treatment under the law?
I'm glad the protesters were awarded by the jury in this case. Cops can't continue to use excessive force in this country whether it's against peaceful protestors or black Americans suspected of a crime. Attacks or modern day lynchings by power-drunk racist cops must be punished, or these cops will continue their reckless and dangerous behavior. Black Lives Matter, rest peacefully Mr. Floyd, condolences to your family.

"The largest individual award, $3 million, went to Zachary Packard, who was struck in the head by a projectile fired from a police shotgun. He suffered a broken jaw and skull, two fractured spinal discs and bleeding in his brain, the lawsuit said."

Golly, that never should have happened!

And it wouldn't have, if that GREAT BIG MORON had simply DISPERSED when the Police were telling them for three hours to DISPERSE or face dispersal tactics.
Now he gets millions of the taxpayers dollars. Because he was rioting for a low life criminal.
>>>>>Our friend and community cornerstone, Zack Packard, was attacked during the George Floyd protests in Denver on May 31st. As he was protecting other protesters from tear gas canisters outside of the Denver police station, he was hit in the head with high gauge projectile. This attack was followed by another round of projectiles,<<<

And EVERY BIT OF THIS set into motion because a low life pos like George Floyd was a violent career criminal that just couldn't listen to the Police.
LMAO. Man, this is great for society eh? For "racial justice"?

What a ****ing crock of shit IMO.

A straw man fallacy as I understand it Jay, is fabricating a nonexistent person (straw man) that has characteristics that you attribute to your debate opponent that you then ridicule and/or argue against, when your debate opponent has never stated that he/she holds such beliefs.
That's exactly what that poster did when he stated "people getting paid for their participation in the summer of love" when that was never part of the original debate. Nobody ever claimed that people should be paid for rioting during the Floyd Riots. That wasn't in the OP article. Nobody is defending that ridiculous position.

The original debate is about protestors being rewarded for police brutality. Not "people getting paid for their participation in the summer of love" Since that poster couldn't argue against a court rewarding victims of police brutality, he made it about something else.

It's not a clear-cut example like the one you gave, but it's still a textbook straw man.

That's exactly what that poster did when he stated "people getting paid for their participation in the summer of love" when that was never part of the original debate. Nobody ever claimed that people should be paid for rioting during the Floyd Riots. That wasn't in the OP article. Nobody is defending that ridiculous position.

The original debate is about protestors being rewarded for police brutality. Not "people getting paid for their participation in the summer of love" Since that poster couldn't argue against a court rewarding victims of police brutality, he made it about something else.

It's not a clear-cut example like the one you gave, but it's still a textbook straw man.

OK*

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/jury-awards-14m-george-floyd-protesters-denver-83680880

12 protesters get $14M.

The Denver protests were violent. There were gunshots. There was lots of vandalism. There were lots of arrests.

The protesters are getting $14M.

In Denver you break the law, you get paid. In DC if you break the law you get shot in the neck and the cop gets treated like a hero.

Does that sound like equal treatment under the law?
what makes you think the protestors did the shooting and vandalism? Where is your hard evidence? Could have been law enforcement infiltrators???????

what makes you think the protestors did the shooting and vandalism? Where is your hard evidence? Could have been law enforcement infiltrators???????

Seriously dude? "Law enforcement infiltrators"? Are you ****ing kidding me?

so nice that people are now being paid for their participation in the summer of love.
Did you read the article? They were awarded damages by a jury because they were protesting peacefully and the police responded with weapons and chemicals.

1. She. Woman.

2. You don’t get shot by police at a RIOT if you aren’t at a RIOT to start with.

Didn’t know this was such a complex topic to understand.

Back
Top Bottom